Official 'The Eternals' Thread

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
Watching it at home is a far better experience than watching this it at the theater.

Maybe, because I kept pausing and coming back to it...

FYI...

The movie still sucks..

In the theater, it was one of the worst movie's that I have seen in my life..

After viewing at home, it got bumped up to - one of the worst comic movie's that I have seen in my life

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I saw the movie. But I don't know what's the point of it. They stopped a Celestial from blowing up the Earth. Great. That's it?

The point is spiritual/philsophical in nature. More about how you think, feel and act toward humanity going forward, less about the set up for the next Marvel movie.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Bleh. Make that a Disney+ show not a movie then.

Way too epic for the Loki treatment, and I liked Loki just fine.

But Eternals is supposed to stand on it's own. Disney + for Marvel is mostly about supporting the movie slate. While I do think they could take some of the characters into the show format this needed to be a movie, seems like most people suggest a show to get more into detail about the characters

That are ultimetly discovered to be puppets who's entire lives on earth were based on a lie. Once that was established I didn't really care how Phastos met his family or whatever else people wanted the movie to add an extra 30 minutes to dive into. He didn't sit down with the rest of the eternals and tell them what he's been up to the last 3000 years, why would he tell 'us'?

Just sitting typing that I just got a flash of an idea for a Disney+ show. And being that Sprite is the storyteller it should be centered around her.

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

Last edited:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

The movie itself was 3 hours. It was like watching Dune. All this time but nothing is happening. You could have given the characters depth while showing how they weave into the MCU. So all the timeskips (and characters) would have had more relevance at least.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

But Eternals is supposed to stand on it's own. Disney + for Marvel is mostly about supporting the movie slate. While I do think they could take some of the characters into the show format this needed to be a movie, seems like most people suggest a show to get more into detail about the characters

That are ultimetly discovered to be puppets who's entire lives on earth were based on a lie. Once that was established I didn't really care how Phastos met his family or whatever else people wanted the movie to add an extra 30 minutes to dive into. He didn't sit down with the rest of the eternals and tell them what he's been up to the last 3000 years, why would he tell 'us'?

Just sitting typing that I just got a flash of an idea for a Disney+ show. And being that Sprite is the storyteller it should be centered around her.

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:
I kind of disagree. The action and production design were top notch in this movie, it just doesn't hit hard because for most part this is our introduction to these characters.

If they build up the backstory through series' it would give D+ new content and stories to tell that aren't so heavily tied to the existing MCU movies. They have a lot of time periods they could dig into with the Eternals because they've been here for thousands of years. Literally have endless opportunities to create shyt from any time frame for any of these characters.

With the movie it did a decent job of introducing them, but D+ could have had something new/different to bring people into the MCU with this

Last edited:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
The movie itself was 3 hours. It was like watching Dune. All this time but nothing is happening. You could have given the characters depth while showing how they weave into the MCU. So all the timeskips (and characters) would have had more relevance at least.

- The film is 2 1/2 hours, not 3
- It wasn't like watching Dune because it was a part 1 film with no real conclusion or part 2 in sight. As an audience member you're left on standby. I don't think that's the case with Eternals.
- The characters, for reasons I'd probably spoiler need to be somewhat shallow.

- Show how they weave into the MCU for what? For fan service?

They don't weave into the MCU, they are the basis for human mythos, including Superheros (hence the Batman/Superman references). This film doesn't exist inside the MCU as much as the MCU fits inside of it. The same way that nothing going on with the heavinly bodies comfortably weaves or fits into the minutae of day to day human experience...til it does.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I kind of disagree. The action and production design were top notch in this movie, it just doesn't hit hard because for most this is our introduction to these characters.

If they build up the backstory through series' it would give D+ new content and stories to tell that aren't so heavily tied to the existing MCU movies. They have a lot of time periods they could dig into with the Eternals because they've been here for thousands of years. Literally have endless opportunities to create shyt from any time frame for any of these characters.

With the movie it did a decent job of introducing them, but D+ could have had something new/different to bring people into the MCU with this

As I was saying in that post, there is a character who's main role is to craft mythos to influence humanity, that's the perfect idea for what you're talking about. I want to flesh that idea out in this thread without spoilers so I'll sit on it.

But within the context of the movie, 7 days til judgement and a revalation of your true nature, purpose, we can fill in those gaps later. Wandavision added value to a movie like AOU after the fact...there's a lot that could be done to draw the attention back to the great elements of this movie and the characters in them.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Wait did I miss the reason why they didn't do anything during the snap?:dwillhuh:

In the grand scheme of things, Thanos and the snap was insignificant.

but you can look at it 2 ways. The snap prevented the celestial from being born. Stopping Thanos would’ve sped up the emergence and earth would’ve been destroyed.

But then the movie clearly states, they were instructed not to interfere. Humans were merely there to provide enough energy for a celestial to be born. The Eternals were there to make sure nothing happened to them via deviants.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Wait did I miss the reason why they didn't do anything during the snap?:dwillhuh:

Ajak, the prime Eternal's (angels) directive was to not get involved with human affairs beyond protecting them from Deviants (demons) and ecouraging population growth.

This is akin to the angels in the bible becoming "fallen" for getting to invested in the human experience. They were supposed to babysit humanity til it was time for the emergence/rapture.

Last edited: