Official 'The Eternals' Thread

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Overall I thought the movie was good. Not great, but good. I don't really understand the hate, I was pretty entertained for the most part.

Although they probably could've left a few characters out. And I was kind of confused by the final fight, wasn't completely sure what was going on but I guess the good guys won :yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Live-action superhero TV shows and movies almost always stray away from the comic book designs. I guess it's because they believe that the comic book designs wouldn't look as good in live-action.

But to honest, in most cases, I think that the comic book designs would look just fine (with maybe some very minor tweaks) :manny:

Thats my problem though because the MCU made it cool to look weird. They have a written-in reason as to why everyone rocks their comic accurate costumes. This is like the easiest movie to get away with having bizarre costumes, these people lived for 5000 years, they can look as goofy and outlandish as possible.

Also putting them in full comic accurate costumes further separates them from the actor playing them.

I always thought it would be hard for me to disassociate chris evans from human torch but when hes in cap costume I stopped thinking about it immediately.

2017avengers-infinity-war_1000x635-696x442.jpg

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Why the fukk did Ikaris kill himself? Because he felt bad? :gucci:

Seems like kind of an overreaction, he could've just apologized or something...

Its deeper than that. And not everyone is Scarlet Witch

technically, he's not dead. The Eternals in these movies are basically avatars. And they have stored memories that can be uploaded into a new body.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
technically, he's not dead. The Eternals in these movies are basically avatars. And they have stored memories that can be uploaded into a new body.

In the comics when they 'die' sometimes their Celestial will just churn out a new one from the World Forge where they were created.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Ever since this went on Disney+ the internet been roasting this shyt :mjlol:

Got nothing better to do so I'll peep