Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Finally saw it.

First half felt disjointed. Skipping around time to tell a story has been done well before but something about this didn't work for me. The story didn't make you feel for the characters.

Second half when they all got together was dope as hell though and made up for the first half. Storytelling was a lot better and I thought the characters made a better connection with the audience.

Visuals was great throughout the movie.

The way they portrayed the Celestials and the scope of how big they are was really well done.

The opening scene where they showed them first landing, saving people from Deviants and then transitioning to the present with Pink Floyd's Time starting to play was :whew:

Their fight scene against Ikaris was :ohlawd:.

Also didn't see Ikaris becoming the bad guy. Always thought it would be Druig based on reading the comics.

I agree about how they portrayed super speed with Makari. Best I've seen super speed done in live action. She was doing work:whew:

Phastos finally using his tech to fight was dope as hell too.

First half 4/10
Second half 8/10

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Finally checking this out, only MCU movie I haven't seen yet. :ehh:

I know a lot of people hate this movie for whatever reason but I'll give it a fair shot.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You know what this movie is, an album with 20+ songs. If they curated it better and cut it down to the best 12-14 tracks it would be dope but there is too much filler on it. There's a good movie somewhere in there but is being bogged down by a lot of unnecessary shyt.
Also, they marketed this terrible Acting like this is Oscar bait was DUMB. I don't give a shyt about the Oscars but even I think that's laughable, it is nowhere near that kind of movie. They should have just marketed as, "We are trying something new and different for the MCU." juxtaposing it with Zao's last Oscar win and making the roll out more serious than the average MCU fan got the knives out from critics and rightfully so when it is nowhere near that.
Bottom 3rd MCU movie but it by no means sucks. It has some good stuff in there.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I agree that this story may have hit harder if it was built up with a series, but I'm sure these characters aren't popular enough to warrant that.

The action scenes were fire, the Deviants look brolic, I never even heard about The Eternals before this movie tho, so the character development didn't pull me in. Solid film overall imo, and it's one of the few in the MCU where you don't need to have watched previous films to understand what's going on since they started from their beginning.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Maybe i would have found the characters more interesting if their costumes were closer to the original comic Kirby-esque looks. Like these are the type of characters you can go absolutely crazy with costume wise because they don’t adhere to modern hero conventions. Yet, instead of going full blown alien Stead of the apocalypse they basically just turn them into power rangers in silky spandex.

sRo0us6.jpg

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Maybe i would have found the characters more interesting if their costumes were closer to the original comic Kirby-esque looks. Like these are the type of characters you can go absolutely crazy with costume wise because they don’t adhere to modern hero conventions. Yet, instead of going full blown alien Stead of the apocalypse they basically just turn them into power rangers in silky spandex.

sRo0us6.jpg
Live-action superhero TV shows and movies almost always stray away from the comic book designs. I guess it's because they believe that the comic book designs wouldn't look as good in live-action.

But to be honest, in most cases, I think that the comic book designs would look just fine (with maybe some very minor tweaks) :manny:

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I hope Thena does something soon. I get she has a brain problem or whatever but I'm almost 2/3rds of the way thru and it feels like they're wasting Angelina Jolie.

Maybe she'll show out at the end of the movie.