Official 'The Eternals' Thread

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It’s not bad at all but narrative driven movies hasn’t been something marvel has done often so people expect action driven movies every time lol

yeah the casual audiences( and some fans) expect MCU movies to be endgame/infinity war level with heavy action back to back. I’m kinda glad marvel took a risk with this one for once

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Well the literally did that in the end with a couple and will be doing the latter in future installments :mjgrin:

I get that not everyone cares about most unfamiliar characters/IP on the first debuts.

But Marvel has been good with increasing that on later showcases whether it’s a sequel or a cameo in something else

This may be viewed differently about 8 years from now and 2 more movies.

Kinda like how people went from :ld: to :ooh::ohlawd: from Cap 1 to Cap 2

I can’t predict the future, but as of right now my thoughts are the majority. Check my posts, I was highly excited for this. shyt like the kid stabbing the other god, and then just decided to make her human as if she couldn’t have done that prior was hilarious. Icarus flying into the sun? Of like the Greek mythology? Lmao wtf man

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I can’t predict the future, but as of right now my thoughts are the majority. Check my posts, I was highly excited for this. shyt like the kid stabbing the other god, and then just decided to make her human as if she couldn’t have done that prior was hilarious. Icarus flying into the sun? Of like the Greek mythology? Lmao wtf man
:mjlol:
I can't get over Ajax feeling sympathy for humans after watching other species get annihilated for millions of years across the cosmos. I guess those opposable thumbs and binocular vision really spoke to her. :deadmanny:

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
After watching this on D+ & having not seen any of the spoilers but only hearing about how it’s the “Worst MCU movie ever made” . I came in expecting to dislike it but I enjoyed it I think some parts could have been trimmed down. The back and forth scenes into the past really didn’t bother me that much.

That Makkari,Phastos, Athena vs Ikarsi fight was dope. Home girl was moving fast asf :whew:

Seems like the worst to movie to me. What MCU movies is Eternals better than?

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
yeah the casual audiences( and some fans) expect MCU movies to be endgame/infinity war level with heavy action back to back. I’m kinda glad marvel took a risk with this one for once

I'm glad the took the risk and I hope they remember that it took Thor 3 fukking movies to really get going.

This is dope as fukk and unique out the gate, don't give up on these characters. I know Chloe Zhao said she wasn't thinking about a sequal but if there's a show or anything of the sort I want her involved.

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
Thor 2
Hulk 1
Iron Man 3 (some would disagree)

Are worse IMO.

Some would say Antman but I thought Antman was way more entertaining since it was funny and didn't take itself too seriously

Iron Man 3 nah

I'll give you Hulk 1 and Thor 2. Being better than those two as your peers still means you are a shytty movie.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Seems like the worst to movie to me. What MCU movies is Eternals better than?

For sure better than:

Captain Marvel
Hulk
Thor 1
IM3
Thor 2
AOU
Black Widow
Ant man & the Wasp
Shang Chi

Arguably better than:

IM 2
Avengers
Guardians 2

I loved the fan service of that first Avengers film but it ain't that tight aside from that. The Russo films make it look not as dope in retrospect.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
After watching this on D+ & having not seen any of the spoilers but only hearing about how it’s the “Worst MCU movie ever made” . I came in expecting to dislike it but I enjoyed it I think some parts could have been trimmed down. The back and forth scenes into the past really didn’t bother me that much.

That Makkari,Phastos, Athena vs Ikarsi fight was dope. Home girl was moving fast asf :whew:

Some of the dopest movies didn't hit right away with audiences in theaters. If you bought a ticket to see this, especially during a pandemic you probably went to see spectacle, some brain drain.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Na I feel you….. I just remember how people changed they feelings on Cap from Movie 1 to Movie 2

Hell same can be said about Thor….. though I can concede it did take the 3rd movie but still

Barring these characters are played by the most popular actors….. newer and lesser known characters are gonna take more time to grow on you (not you specifically but generally)

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Na I feel you….. I just remember how people changed they feelings on Cap from Movie 1 to Movie 2

Hell same can be said about Thor….. though I can concede it did take the 3rd movie but still

Barring these characters are played by the most popular actors….. newer and lesser known characters are gonna take more time to grow on you (not you specifically but generally)

agreed I was one of the ones that wasn’t sold on Cap until Winter Soldier dropped. It takes time with new characters for audiences to adjust to them.