Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Interesting concepts but overall the movie doesn't do a great job connecting you to its characters. The movie also doesn't really get started until the middle of the second act. I honestly think the flashbacks should've been an Eternals series that lead to the deviants still being alive. I'd give it a solid 6.
side note, I honestly don't see why they can't use the mutants are hidden like they did the Eternals.

Most of the characters were disconnected from humanity “eternally” which is kind of the point. I think the main theme that the director was trying to get across is to question humanity and it’s existence.

But it’s a comic book movie and at the end of the day, people just want to be entertained.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
I mean, they were on the earth for thousands of years. They’re not even humans, glorified avatars.

I think people missed the overall concept of what they were trying to do with the characters.
:ehh:i dont think i missed anything. the movie itself was decently executed but eternals are one of the lamest things jack kirby ever created. they are pointless :manny:
they constantly get bushed in the comics.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Fight scenes were dope. Eternals are lame ass characters.
marvel's cosmic stuff is low key pretty bad historically outside of some of the x-men stuff (the Shi'ar, star jammers, the brood, the phoenix force, Vulcan). Adam Warlock, Mar-vell, and the rest outside of the skrull kree war never hit like that to me :manny:. The eternals and celestials are no exception.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting concepts but overall the movie doesn't do a great job connecting you to its characters. The movie also doesn't really get started until the middle of the second act. I honestly think the flashbacks should've been an Eternals series that lead to the deviants still being alive. I'd give it a solid 6.
side note, I honestly don't see why they can't use the mutants are hidden like they did the Eternals.
The thing is there are maybe 10 Eternals where as there should be hundreds if not thousands of mutants. It would be much harder to hide, especially since they are not all in a group that is trying to hide. It wouldn't work without an Xavier level telapath wiping incidents from the minds of everyone involved in a mutant incident.

ImLionyall

Workin on dat Roar
Daps
Reppin
Serengeti
This wasn't bad at all, super mid. It picked up at the end though. This feels like a prequel no one asked for.

And this wasnt as Jack Kirbyish as I thought it would. I always thought the Eternals were Kirby's 4th world throwaways tracks...more boring and trippy then it needed to be. This actually made sense.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
The thing is there are maybe 10 Eternals where as there should be hundreds if not thousands of mutants. It would be much harder to hide, especially since they are not all in a group that is trying to hide. It wouldn't work without an Xavier level telapath wiping incidents from the minds of everyone involved in a mutant incident.
I mean you kinda answered the dilemma right there

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
TF… idgaf if he’s really gay or not, I’m tired of the black male characters being depicted as gay period and thats not the only reason I think the movie sucked

fight scenes were pretty good
Say that then, but if he is really gay it's not bullshyt.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Movie was fine. Mid tier Marvel joint that had more potential.

Both twist reveals didn't have any impact because we have no connection to these characters or goals like that.
They kinda just gave you the plot and let you decide how you feel. Ehh.

With that said if they wanna do a Thena solo joint on Disney+ with Jolie I wouldn't complain :noah: