Official 'The Eternals' Thread

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Say what you want about this movie but dam the way they showed how a speedster moves was fantastic. Makkari speedster is probably the best speedster ever shown on film/tv in terms of how she moves and the impact of her speed.

shyt was extremely nasty. :wow:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I loved this movie. Almost exactly what I was thinking before I ever checked the leaks. Basically Marvel's annunaki/"ancient aliens" the movie lol

So many things drawn from mythology, spiritual wisdom and overlayed on to this world that exists AROUND the MCU more so than in it. Mekkari/Mercury = Thoth (which is why she was after the emeral tablets)

And as for Tiamat and the celestials...

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
This movie was amazing. I don't understand the criticism

Movie is amazing, right outside the top 10 MCU joints, but I get the criticisms even if I don't agree.

Because we didn't know or care about the characters. None of them had the charm or charisma like GOTG characters. They needed to cut out characters and expanded on the one's they kept.

It wasn't that kind of movie though...I mean I get people have expectations, but that's on the individual to manage up to a certain point. They didn't need cut characters, they just could have used an extra 45 minutes to an hour which would have created it's own problems.

One of the points driven home toward the end of the film is that even if we went through more song and dance with backstory it would all be bullshyt..7,000 years of investment into the mission and those bullshyt stories and the only thing that mattered was how they felt and saw shyt in the now. They actually could have showed less.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Movie is amazing, right outside the top 10 MCU joints, but I get the criticisms even if I don't agree.

It wasn't that kind of movie though...I mean I get people have expectations, but that's how the individual to manage up to a certain point. They didn't need cut characters, they just could have used an extra 45 minutes to an hour which would have created it's own problems.

One of the points driven home toward the end of the film is that even if we went through more song and dance with backstory it would all be bullshyt..7,000 years of investment into the mission and those bullshyt stories and the only thing that mattered was how they felt and saw shyt in the now. They actually could have showed less.
Same and my Biggest criticism is it is too long unnecessarily. As far as expanding the MCU mythology it is actually amazing.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Because we didn't know or care about the characters. None of them had the charm or charisma like GOTG characters. They needed to cut out characters and expanded on the one's they kept.

Well the literally did that in the end with a couple and will be doing the latter in future installments :mjgrin:

I get that not everyone cares about most unfamiliar characters/IP on the first debuts.

But Marvel has been good with increasing that on later showcases whether it’s a sequel or a cameo in something else

This may be viewed differently about 8 years from now and 2 more movies.

Kinda like how people went from :ld: to :ooh::ohlawd: from Cap 1 to Cap 2

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Most of the characters were disconnected from humanity “eternally” which is kind of the point. I think the main theme that the director was trying to get across is to question humanity and it’s existence.

But it’s a comic book movie and at the end of the day, people just want to be entertained.
Eh, there still needs to be characters that I end up wanting to see in the future MCU film. Besides the celestial stuff, I didn't like it I felt like the resources used for this film could've been used on interesting characters.

Last edited:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Well the literally did that in the end with a couple and will be doing the latter in future installments :mjgrin:

I get that not everyone cares about most unfamiliar characters/IP on the first debuts.

But Marvel has been good with increasing that on later showcases whether it’s a sequel or a cameo in something else

This may be viewed differently about 8 years from now and 2 more movies.

Kinda like how people went from :ld: to :ooh::ohlawd: from Cap 1 to Cap 2

Look at Wanda and how she went from underutilized to where she is now.

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
After watching this on D+ & having not seen any of the spoilers but only hearing about how it’s the “Worst MCU movie ever made” . I came in expecting to dislike it but I enjoyed it I think some parts could have been trimmed down. The back and forth scenes into the past really didn’t bother me that much.

That Makkari,Phastos, Athena vs Ikarsi fight was dope. Home girl was moving fast asf :whew:

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
After watching this on D+ & having not seen any of the spoilers but only hearing about how it’s the “Worst MCU movie ever made” . I came in expecting to dislike it but I enjoyed it I think some parts could have been trimmed down. The back and forth scenes into the past really didn’t bother me that much.

That Makkari,Phastos, Athena vs Ikarsi fight was dope. Home girl was moving fast asf :whew:
It’s not bad at all but narrative driven movies hasn’t been something marvel has done often so people expect action driven movies every time lol

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous

see stuff like that is were people should get slapped. one of them thor movies is pure cheeks.