Official 'The Eternals' Thread

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Daughters got finished going to see this & they're talking about how OP the Celestials are, spawning stars, etc. Which naturally leads to me telling them about Galactus, which has them hyped and asking when he shows up.

So do I expose them to the F4 abomination or nah? @Norrin Radd :jbhmm:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Just finished watching

I have a lot to unpack so I’m not going to write a book.

with everything that has happened on earth within the MCU, I doubt any of the events of this movie would be shocking. Nothing is anymore. So for people wondering why nobody else showed up, it’s kinda played out at this point.

For people saying the characters were boring, they’ve lived on earth for 5,000 years.

I liked it :manny:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Good movie. I realized a lot of people don't like Marvel movies when their too much exposition which was kinda needed in these movies. On the discussion Kang didn't control the multiverse he simply kept the one sequestered universe on track. Exitar might start fukking shyt up.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Watched it last night. 7.5/10 :ehh:

I think they finally did a speedster justice outside of comics, especially in a team setting. Most of these trash writers and directors only use speedsters for support or comedic relief. And finally no fukking slow motion :ohlawd:
This was the part I loved the most about Makkari. She was a speedster but I think with no slow down you truly felt how fast she was and that not slowing her down for audiences more enhanced her powers.

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
This was the part I loved the most about Makkari. She was a speedster but I think with no slow down you truly felt how fast she was and that not sleeping her down for audiences more enhanced her powers.

she didn’t get enough screen time.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Again, I think for the amount of characters and the way they backstory they had to do, they did a good job.

It was a lot to digest, but this wasn’t a typical super hero vs villain. There was no true villain. Not even the deviants. They all played a specific roll. Eventually the Eternals and deviants had conflict with said rolls.

I get it was long, but i guess because none of the characters involved were familiar in the MCU and there were no cameos, people tuned out.

even Shan-chi had cameos.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the Kang vs the celestials topic. Kang is more of an intellectual mastermind villain not a power house thanos type. Like someone said he doesnt even exist til a century after this event plus he knows the ending so he weaves in and out taking things he needs here and there and has his castle outside of time.

There was one storyline where he had found a dying celestial at the end of time and took control of it. He is an evil
Mr fantastic