Official 'The Eternals' Thread

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Pleasantly surprised with this one. They could have nixed all the relationships without losing anything and it would have dragged less, but I prefer this to anything they’ve put out since Far From Home.

That is, of course, assuming I pretend Loki never happened. Can someone on the Disney street team explain to me how Kang and the TVA jive with this?

I figured you would like it lol

I'm waiting til it hits streaming but I'm excited to see it.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
You’re being too defensive…. like all you marvel set jokers always are. The point remains, Kang must have the ability to prune both the eternals and the Celestials….which diminishes the power they’re supposed to possess…just like it completely diminished Loki’s power…all the Avenger’s power…the entire MCU…etc.

What’s funny is that those of you who defend it most can only do it by pretending it didn’t happen.

You can all sheath your knives though…I said I liked the movie.

I’m not being defensive…. You assuming too much, overthinking shyt and running off the tracks and I’m trynna save you.

All the bold is just :gucci::what::mindblown:

No one really defending anything cuz there is nothing really to defend. My case is just slow down youngin. Let them get there.

Also if you really want I know that bad on a base level, then go read the comics….. yes shyt not playing out 1:1 the same but the elements and similarities are still there.

I’m trynna help you stay in bound from not looking too crazy out in there Comic Book Movie streets:dahell:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I’m not being defensive…. You assuming too much, overthinking shyt and running off the tracks and I’m trynna save you.

All the bold is just :gucci::what::mindblown:

No one really defending anything cuz there is nothing really to defend. My case is just slow down youngin. Let them get there.

Also if you really want I know that bad on a base level, then go read the comics….. yes shyt not playing out 1:1 the same but the elements and similarities are still there.

I’m trynna help you stay in bound from not looking too crazy out in there Comic Book Movie streets:dahell:
shyt isn’t even close to 1:1. Y’all always say go read the comics but then ignore that the mcu is crazy different. Have you actually read them or you just playing up to your loser crew for daps? The TVA wasn’t made up of fat humans, for one. Go read up.

it’s a simple point - Kang and the chubby TVA are superior to the Eternals and the Celestials. No assumptions, just basic listening comprehension.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
shyt isn’t even close to 1:1. Y’all always say go read the comics but then ignore that the mcu is crazy different. Have you actually read them or you just playing up to your loser crew for daps? The TVA wasn’t made up of fat humans, for one. Go read up.

it’s a simple point - Kang and the chubby TVA are superior to the Eternals and the Celestials. No assumptions, just basic listening comprehension.

I literally said that….

No not everything is page by page different. But also not everything is wildly strayed in a different direction either

That is an assumption…. And if you feel that then cool. No one is judging, I think you overthinking it but no judgment :yeshrug:

Either way, it’s literally Chapter 1 of a new book with 8-12 more chapters.

Can we atleast see some of the other movies before we make these outlandish hot takes:hubie:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I literally said that….

No not everything is page by page different. But also not everything is wildly strayed in a different direction either

That is an assumption…. And if you feel that then cool. No one is judging, I think you overthinking it but no judgment :yeshrug:

Can we atleast see some of the other movies before we make these outlandish hot takes:hubie:
It’s not outlandish, nor is it a hot take. It’s the basic premise of the entire Loki show. The TVA, at the very least, is in full control of every decision ever made on earth until the end of time. The Eternals and Celestials operate within time and, for the entirety of human existence, on earth.
Ergo…Kang and the TVA have, per Miss Minutes, “predetermined” all their actions. And, per Ravonna (sp?), they lack free will because of that

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
@Shogun @Bryan Danielson

What in the hell are y'all arguing right now? I've read your exchange but it's STILL confusing AF.

Is he asking if MCU Kang is stronger than MCU Celestials or what's going on here?:dwillhuh:

He talking crazy…. I wasn’t trynna lead him back in the righteous path but he wants to fight it:ohhh:

I hope they remember him:wow:

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Quite the opposite. I loved her character and just wanted to hear her speak but I didn't really know that was the reason she was deaf.
It's pretty illogical when you think about it. I'm all for representation in films and it's cool to see a deaf character that utilizes sign. But within the context of this specific story it makes no sense. The eternals are quite literally supersoldiers that were created by cosmic beings--what benefit would there be in creating one with a handicap? Seems like hustling backwards. Or creating one that's gay? Why would the eternals have any sexuality at all? Or free will for that matter? They should be programmed to do strictly what it is the celestials want them to do. Then you don't end up with situations where they rebel, like in this movie. It just makes no sense in the grand scheme of things and made the story fall apart for me.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Negro that wasn't the answer to my question.:stopitslime:
Dont bother with these dudes.
Kang and the TVA must have control over the Celestials and the Eternals. Aside from that inconvenient fact, I thought this movie was pretty good.
Interesting plot, interesting characters, and managed to work itself into the established MCU without shytting all over it.
Only knock is its bogged down with a bunch of pointless relationship stuff that doesnt add anything...except Thena and the dude with the boom fists. That one contributed to the plot.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I literally said that….

No :mjlit:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not outlandish, nor is it a hot take. It’s the basic premise of the entire Loki show. The TVA, at the very least, is in full control of every decision ever made on earth until the end of time. The Eternals and Celestials operate within time and, for the entirety of human existence, on earth.
Ergo…Kang and the TVA have, per Miss Minutes, “predetermined” all their actions. And, per Ravonna (sp?), they lack free will because of that

I think it’s a bit early to presume, we know the celestials existed prior to this MCU universe creation, so it’s not really explained the extent of their abilities. It could be that he who remains was doing enough to to keep off the celestials radar, or the celestials don’t really care about alternative timelines being pruned as they might be outside the realm of conventional space/time in the MCU.

I

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually enjoyed this more than I thought I would, definitely could’ve shaved some run time off it, but the ideas and concepts were interesting. Was the celestial who made the eternals galactus or are they two different celestials? Angelina still a fukking sexy ass bytch.

Just wait until Brian Tyree Henry comes out as gay, your world will really shatter. I’m not saying he’s gay for sure as there is no proof but I always got gay vibes from him. :manny:

That nikka gayer than Will and Grace. He cool peoples though.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I think it’s a bit early to presume, we know the celestials existed prior to this MCU universe creation, so it’s not really explained the extent of their abilities. It could be that he who remains was doing enough to to keep off the celestials radar, or the celestials don’t really care about alternative timelines being pruned as they might be outside the realm of conventional space/time in the MCU.

:ehh:

i agree that brehs need to let it play out a bit.

as powerful as MCU-dormammu is he cannot understand or fight time.

who is to say what limitations the celestials have or do not have. maybe they cannot sense or manipulate across or outside of timelines - thereby giving he-who-remains (and his potentially endless variant manifestations) a cockroach like tenacity that even they cannot control.

maybe for all their power the celestials are entirely predictable. again given he-who-remains an insurmountable advantage.

if kang can manipulate others to branch the timeline then surely he can branch it himself. if the celestials came to destroy earth he could just split the timeline and move to one where they don't destroy earth, rendering the effects of any celestial destruction in the branched-away-from timeline (for him "kang") irrelevant.

if you knew everything in advance, could travel through time and across timelines, could exist outside of time and could manipulate time itself who could stop you? and by "you" i don't just mean this version of you but rather all versions of you.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
:ehh:

i agree that brehs need to let it play out a bit.

as powerful as MCU-dormammu is he cannot understand or fight time.

who is to say what limitations the celestials have or do not have. maybe they cannot sense or manipulate across or outside of timelines - thereby giving he-who-remains (and his potentially endless variant manifestations) a cockroach like tenacity that even they cannot control.

maybe for all their power the celestials are entirely predictable. again given he-who-remains an insurmountable advantage.

if kang can manipulate others to branch the timeline then surely he can branch it himself. if the celestials came to destroy earth he could just split the timeline and move to one where they don't destroy earth, rendering the effects of any celestial destruction in the branched-away-from timeline (for him "kang") irrelevant.

if you knew everything in advance, could travel through time and across timelines, could exist outside of time and could manipulate time itself who could stop you? and by "you" i don't just mean this version of you but rather all versions of you.

Now THIS is a fleshed out theory and entirely probable.:ehh: