Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I think it’s a bit early to presume, we know the celestials existed prior to this MCU universe creation, so it’s not really explained the extent of their abilities. It could be that he who remains was doing enough to to keep off the celestials radar, or the celestials don’t really care about alternative timelines being pruned as they might be outside the realm of conventional space/time in the MCU.

I
Thing is…on earth…the Eternals hold the fate of humanity in their hands, and their decisions can be based on something as fleeting as a crush on another in their crew….or a mortal family that will only exist for a blip of their lifetime. Point being…if Kang’s curating of the “sacred timeline” is a thing, then the whims of the Eternals would have to be a major consideration. If he couldn’t control them his entire purpose would be pointless.

And since the Eternals and Celestials are clearly bound by time and space while Kang isn’t…it is what it is.

Not to mention the director of Loki confirmed that thr Infinity Saga was scripted by Kang…the Eternals not involving themselves being a major part of that story.

Best thing they could do is retcon Loki to be some crazy fever dream, because that show was bullshyt that blows a hole in everything. It’s why all these MarvelSet bozos do everything they can to pretend it never happened. First it was “Ms Minutes is lying”, then it was “Revonna is just confused”, then “the director of the show is just confused” etc etc etc. The fact is, they’re the only ones who are confused…or are being willfully ignorant because they know it’s world breaking.

Last edited:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I liked it but it was hard seeing Jon Snow and Rob Stark in this :mjlol:

It was mad strange seein them in regular clothes those two are typecast as a muthafukker to me.

It dawned on me after seeing this it’s just gonna be hard to replicate the magic of the Infinity Saga. That was a magical ride that can never be duplicated…

But the movie was decent

Last edited:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thing is…on earth…the Eternals hold the fate of humanity in their hands, and their decisions can be based on something as fleeting as a crush on another in their crew….or a mortal family that will only exist for a blip of their lifetime. Point being…if Kang’s curating of the “sacred timeline” is a thing, then the whims of the Eternals would have to be a major consideration. If he couldn’t control them his entire purpose would be pointless.

Not to mention the director of Loki confirmed that thr Infinity Saga was scripted by Kang…the Eternals not involving themselves being a major part of that story.

Best thing they could do is retcon Loki to be some crazy fever dream, because that show was bullshyt that blows a hole in everything. It’s why all these MarvelSet bozos do everything they can to pretend it never happened. First it was “Ms Minutes is lying”, then it was “Revonna is just confused”, then “the director of the show is just confused” etc etc etc. The fact is, they’re the only ones who are confused…or are being willfully ignorant because they know it’s world breaking.

The Eternals role regarding earth was to simply to be a defense solely against deviants and (unknowingly wait until the emergence) and the emergence happen after the infinity saga, which is sort of a interesting coincidence regarding HWR scripting of the timeline.

We haven’t seen He who remains prune or curtail any major events by the celestials . The celestials preceded this known universe and it isn’t known they operate by the same rules of space/time as everyone else or that they even care about what HWR is doing unless it involves a Celestial emergency.

All of this sort of depends on when the events of Loki happen before or after Eternals to me.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ehh:

i agree that brehs need to let it play out a bit.

as powerful as MCU-dormammu is he cannot understand or fight time.

who is to say what limitations the celestials have or do not have. maybe they cannot sense or manipulate across or outside of timelines - thereby giving he-who-remains (and his potentially endless variant manifestations) a cockroach like tenacity that even they cannot control.

maybe for all their power the celestials are entirely predictable. again given he-who-remains an insurmountable advantage.

if kang can manipulate others to branch the timeline then surely he can branch it himself. if the celestials came to destroy earth he could just split the timeline and move to one where they don't destroy earth, rendering the effects of any celestial destruction in the branched-away-from timeline (for him "kang") irrelevant.

if you knew everything in advance, could travel through time and across timelines, could exist outside of time and could manipulate time itself who could stop you? and by "you" i don't just mean this version of you but rather all versions of you.

I can see this, the celestials are (at least arishem), operate as sort of cosmic gardeners and sort of only get involved in specific events. If Kang or He who remains know this, they can do whatever without notice.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks

The Eternals role regarding earth was to simply to be a defense solely against deviants and (unknowingly wait until the emergence) and the emergence happen after the infinity saga, which is sort of a interesting coincidence regarding HWR scripting of the timeline.

We haven’t seen He who remains prune or curtail any major events by the celestials . The celestials preceded this known universe and it isn’t known they operate by the same rules of space/time as everyone else or that they even care about what HWR is doing unless it involves a Celestial emergency.

All of this sort of depends on when the events of Loki happen before or after Eternals to me.
We know Kang is from several centuries after the events of the Infinity Saga, and that he operates “outside of time”, which makes that irrelevant anyway.

He knows all that happens until the end of time…which is why he is “he who remains”. The Celestials can’t remain if there is only one human left who remains. It’s why at least in the comics “he who remains isn’t a simple human.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The thought of TVA pruning a Celestial who can’t even fit on the planet :mjlol:

It’s like ant taking down a human:russ:

I get people wanna think big, try to find holes in the MCU for a “Gotcha bytch” moment, or even just be antagonistic to people that love Marvel but come on:mjlol:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
The thought of TVA pruning a Celestial who can’t even fit on the planet :mjlol:

It’s like ant taking down a human:russ:

I get people wanna think big, try to find holes in the MCU for a “Gotcha bytch” moment, or even just be antagonistic to people that love Marvel but come on:mjlol:
Yes, it is ridiculous.
That’s my point.
Not much more ridiculous than them pruning gods, or negating the power of the infinity stones. Remember when even the Celestials needed the infinity stones to wipe out planets?
19NsvDSVGPRcyfcj7

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Yes, it is ridiculous.
That’s my point.
Not much more ridiculous than them pruning gods, or negating the power of the infinity stones. Remember when even the Celestials needed the infinity stones to wipe out planets?

Hmmmmm I’m gonna have do the thing where I go back and watch this again or a few times…. Don’t recall that being mentioned in this movie and I don’t recall seeing that in other movies.

Also for clarity, Thanos ain’t a Celestials

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Hmmmmm I’m gonna have do the thing where I go back and watch this again or a few times…. Don’t recall that being mentioned in this movie and I don’t recall seeing that in other movies.

Also for clarity, Thanos ain’t a Celestials
I’m talking about the scene from Gaurdians 1 when we’re first introduced to the Celestials and the infinity stones
Not Thanos.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I’m talking about the scene from Gaurdians 1 when we’re first introduced to the Celestials and the infinity stones
Not Thanos.

I’ll rewatch but we definitely getting too deep in the weeds.

@LordDeathwatch even still like

giphy.gif

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We know Kang is from several centuries after the events of the Infinity Saga, and that he operates “outside of time”, which makes that irrelevant anyway.

He knows all that happens until the end of time…which is why he is “he who remains”. The Celestials can’t remain if there is only one human left who remains. It’s why at least in the comics “he who remains isn’t a simple human.

Not really, celestials aren’t humans and hasn’t been shown that HWR has any influence whatsoever over them. And we know after the infinity saga he has no clue how things occur either after a certain point.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Not really, celestials aren’t humans and hasn’t been shown that HWR has any influence whatsoever over them. And we know after the infinity saga he has no clue how things occur either after a certain point.
If he didn’t, he would have zero control over the multiverse…from what we’ve been told, he is the only one who controls the multiverse.