Official 'The Eternals' Thread

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I actually enjoyed this more than I thought I would, definitely could’ve shaved some run time off it, but the ideas and concepts were interesting. Was the celestial who made the eternals galactus or are they two different celestials? Angelina still a fukking sexy ass bytch.
Saw it last night
:russell::beli:

Mikari the mvp with her powers
All characters were extremely boring. Nothing drew me in, nothing interesting
They make the breh a fakkit :beli:
All the backstory scenes could've been done in a 5-10 min montage or something
Could've shaved a good 40mins off this movie
Nodded off a few times

oh and no Marvel intro theme either :beli:

5/10
Just wait until Brian Tyree Henry comes out as gay, your world will really shatter. I’m not saying he’s gay for sure as there is no proof but I always got gay vibes from him. :manny:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I actually enjoyed this more than I thought I would, definitely could’ve shaved some run time off it, but the ideas and concepts were interesting. Was the celestial who made the eternals galactus or are they two different celestials? Angelina still a fukking sexy ass bytch.

Just wait until Brian Tyree Henry comes out as gay, your world will really shatter. I’m not saying he’s gay for sure as there is no proof but I always got gay vibes from him. :manny:
Same way I felt, the run time and marketing this as some Oscar bait shyt was a huge mistake. I think the movie is decent and I don't care about the Oscar awards but this movie in no shape or form deserves any type of awards. They fukked up even uttering in public that's the kind of recognition they were looking for. It put the expectations in a weird spot and the run time contributed to the perception definitely.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Pleasantly surprised with this one. They could have nixed all the relationships without losing anything and it would have dragged less, but I prefer this to anything they’ve put out since Far From Home.

That is, of course, assuming I pretend Loki never happened. Can someone on the Disney street team explain to me how Kang and the TVA jive with this?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Pleasantly surprised with this one. They could nixed all the relationships and it would have dragged less, but I prefer this to anything they’ve put out since Far From Home.

That is, of course, assuming I pretend Loki never happened. Can someone on the Disney street team explain to me how Kang and the TVA jive with this?

So it’s a long play. Do you really hate long term story building want ALL the answers NOW?

On after Hulk, did you already want to know about Thanos and how that was gonna play out and end?

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Eternals wasn't bad but it also wasn't all that great either. It was just there. I put it in the same group of MCU movies as Thor 2, Iron Man 2, Capt. Marvel and Ant-Man.
I think the biggest issues I had with it were that they had too many characters and made odd choices with those characters (adding the Mad Wyr to Thena's character was a little too much on top of everything else that was going on with introducing the Eternals and trying to give them all distinct personalities); the Deviants were not good villains at all and the movie was waaaaaay too long.
yall gotta chill on ant-man thats a classic

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Do the Celestials have free will?
Has/can Kang prune Celestials?
And there’d have to be variant Eternals, right? So…those chubby TVA agents are taking out Eternals and Celestials?

Celestials have they own agendas and ain’t worried about Kang. What he does makes no difference to them

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Celestials have they own agendas and ain’t worried about Kang. What he does makes no difference to them
But what they do would absolutely make a difference to Kang…and if he can’t control them he can’t control anything. Plus he exists outside of time and space whereas the Celestials clearly exist within time and space.

Based on Loki, Kang>>>>>Celestials

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
But what they do would absolutely make a difference to Kang…and if he can’t control them he can’t control anything. Plus he exists outside of time and space whereas the Celestials clearly exist within time and space.

Based on Loki Kang>>>>>Celestials

Do you know how many planets are out in ……. No……. Let’s me rephrase that

Do you know how many galaxies are out there in space?

Now multiply that with an infinite amount of timelines

Kang isn’t beholden to one planet or timeline…… he can do whatever wherever…… but yet in the grande scheme it still doesn’t put a dent in the plans of the Celestials due to the fact space and the universe is so laugh

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Do you know how many planets are out in ……. No……. Let’s me rephrase that

Do you know how many galaxies are out there in space?

Now multiply that with an infinite amount of timelines

Kang isn’t beholden to one planet or timeline…… he can do whatever wherever…… but yet in the grande scheme it still doesn’t put a dent in the plans of the Celestials due to the fact space and the universe is so laugh
Kang watchers over all timelines, all universes, until the end of time. He clearly watches over Earth…the entire point of which is to birth a Celestial.

Your point about the scope of existence is irrelevant. Let’s talk Earth only, and the Celestials and Eternals on/in/near it.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Kang watchers over all timelines, all universes, until the end of time. He clearly watches over Earth…the entire point of which is to birth a Celestial.

Your point about the scope of existence is irrelevant. Let’s talk Earth only, and the Celestials and Eternals on/in/near it.

We’ll then look at Earth then.

What happened when the Celestials objective was terminated.

Ultimately they thus far was like :yeshrug:

Of course they gonna pass judgement and punish the Eternals for foiling it but in the end the main Celestials just moved on to the next thing. They don’t have all their eggs in ONE basket.

Earth was just one planet in millions of trillions

So if Kang even stops a few million himself it still pales in comparison.

Also you asking questions when you don’t even seen the clear picture or have enough data to ask the right questions.

I get you’re curious but you being a little too ambitious.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
We’ll then look at Earth then.

What happened when the Celestials objective was terminated.

Ultimately they thus far was like :yeshrug:

Of course they gonna pass judgement and punish the Eternals for foiling it but in the end the main Celestials just moved on to the next thing. They don’t have all their eggs in ONE basket.

Earth was just one planet in millions of trillions

So if Kang even stops a few million himself it still pales in comparison.

Also you asking questions when you don’t even seen the clear picture or have enough data to ask the right questions.

I get you’re curious but you being a little too ambitious.
You’re being too defensive…. like all you marvel set jokers always are. The point remains, Kang must have the ability to prune both the eternals and the Celestials….which diminishes the power they’re supposed to possess…just like it completely diminished Loki’s power…all the Avenger’s power…the entire MCU…etc.

What’s funny is that those of you who defend it most can only do it by pretending it didn’t happen.

You can all sheath your knives though…I said I liked the movie.