Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Theo Ruxpin

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem with Marvel is they make boring movies with exciting action scenes. No replay value. There is no desire to want to sit through and watch the whole movie again just to catch a few cool action scenes. They need to switch up the formula.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
I think we need to see these characters mix it up with the other MCU characters to get a better depiction of power scale.

2596259d109da8e1162c0c88946bd7a3.jpg

462470a28a0665085e06b52e6d0f004d.jpg

918d671401e3a1e19d9fcb5324ce11c2.jpg

Eternals are beings that can nerf the erasing of universes when the Avengers cant.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Saw it last night
:russell::beli:

Mikari the mvp with her powers
All characters were extremely boring. Nothing drew me in, nothing interesting
They make the breh a fakkit :beli:
All the backstory scenes could've been done in a 5-10 min montage or something
Could've shaved a good 40mins off this movie
Nodded off a few times

oh and no Marvel intro theme either :beli:

5/10

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
since they're so hellbent on shoving shytty animation down our throat, they should do an Eternals series where they have Sprite narrate and tell stories about how each Eternal influenced history. it was what i wanted most in the movie, and they barely touched on it. far and away the most interesting thing about these characters

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just came back from seeing it and thought it was cool. I started to enjoy it more as it went along, but in terms of comic book films I've seen this year I would have it below Shang Chi and Suicide Squad. Definitely don't think it was the worst Marvel film with Thor 2 and Captain Marvel out there.

I thought Kumail was funny with his assistant.

Angelina Jolie had the best fighting style with her weapons to me.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Just came back from seeing it and thought it was cool. I started to enjoy it more as it went along, but in terms of comic book films I've seen this year I would have it below Shang Chi and Suicide Squad. Definitely don't think it was the worst Marvel film with Thor 2 and Captain Marvel out there.

I thought Kumail was funny with his assistant.

Angelina Jolie had the best fighting style with her weapons to me.
Agreed, the assistant added the human dimension to the film in addition to comedic elements.

Gilgamesh was crucial, sons of bytches.:mjcry:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Eternals wasn't bad but it also wasn't all that great either. It was just there. I put it in the same group of MCU movies as Thor 2, Iron Man 2, Capt. Marvel and Ant-Man.
I think the biggest issues I had with it were that they had too many characters and made odd choices with those characters (adding the Mad Wyr to Thena's character was a little too much on top of everything else that was going on with introducing the Eternals and trying to give them all distinct personalities); the Deviants were not good villains at all and the movie was waaaaaay too long.