Official 'The Eternals' Thread

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I haven't been through this thread to see what the general consensus for this film is here, but the bad reviews I read don't align with my views of this movie. It was a bit more serious than I expected but I appreciated.
Yeah, I don't align at all with the critical consensus on this one.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Watching now.

Whoever this asian lead actress is - she sucks
THANK YOU. This chic sucked and I hated how indecisive she was when she has the responsibility to lead she runs off like an airheaded damsel in distress with the same blank stare in every scene. Her power sucked and she didnt even know how it worked until it was "needed" at the end. The whole Sprite Ikaris crush love thing was just weird. Looked like a child was in love with a grown man and it wasn't believable in the slightest. Just so much unnecessary shyt , weak leads, and bone headed decisions. I really only got excited when Eros showed up in the credit scene and they were in space. Felt like The Guardians were gonna pull up any minute.
"The Eternals Will Return"......nah we good let them nikkas fade off into space forever.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
THANK YOU. This chic sucked and I hated how indecisive she was when she has the responsibility to lead she runs off like an airheaded damsel in distress with the same blank stare in every scene. Her power sucked and she didnt even know how it worked until it was "needed" at the end. The whole Sprite Ikaris crush love thing was just weird. Looked like a child was in love with a grown man and it wasn't believable in the slightest. Just so much unnecessary shyt , weak leads, and bone headed decisions. I really only got excited when Eros showed up in the credit scene and they were in space. Felt like The Guardians were gonna pull up any minute.
"The Eternals Will Return"......nah we good let them nikkas fade off into space forever.
:russ:

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Finally watched it. It was meh. Not the best but not completely bad. I felt it was genre hopping a bit too much and Angelina was underutilized. The only interesting character was Kingo imo. I felt they had too many storylines going on that it didnt make any of the characters hold a lot of weight.

I really hated Mikkari. The sign language was annoying :francis:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Finally watched it. It was meh. Not the best but not completely bad. I felt it was genre hopping a bit too much and Angelina was underutilized. The only interesting character was Kingo imo. I felt they had too many storylines going on that it didnt make any of the characters hold a lot of weight.

speed bae :picard:
that's our future new avenger

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They weren't consistent with how the eternals are supposed to behave... Half if them are wooden and the other half are charismatic like humans (Faustus, Kingo) which makes me think the wooden ones (Robb stark and Gemma Chan primarily ) are just shyt actors

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
They weren't consistent with how the eternals are supposed to behave... Half if them are wooden and the other half are charismatic like humans (Faustus, Kingo) which makes me think the wooden ones (Robb stark and Gemma Chan primarily ) are just shyt actors
Makkari was the most excited character to watch (her speed scenes were amazing...all 2 minutes of it) yet she has no lines and ends up being a mute.
:snoop:

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

:deadmanny: you fed the fukk up huh?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Makkari was the most excited character to watch (her speed scenes were amazing...all 2 minutes of it) yet she has no lines and ends up being a mute.
:snoop:
Niqqaz hating on the deaf. :russ:
I believe it is supposed to be a bit sci fi. She's deaf from reacting the sound barrier and being close to the sonic boom she creates.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Niqqaz hating on the deaf. :russ:
I believe it is supposed to be a bit sci fi. She's deaf from reacting the sound barrier and being close to the sonic boom she creates.
Quite the opposite. I loved her character and just wanted to hear her speak but I didn't really know that was the reason she was deaf.