Official 'The Eternals' Thread

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it last night and thought it was pretty good. Definitely not deserving of its low score on RT.

I ain't gon lie tho Salma dying early threw me a little bit and Ikaris being like main enemy also threw me. I'm glad that they didn't try to fully redeem him either because I didn't/couldn't like him after the turn. Definitely agreed with him flying himself into the sun. And that Celestial showing up at the end gave me super Galactus vibes. Can't wait for that nikka to show up in the MCU :wow:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I hear you…..

I guess the DC Stan in me:mjgrin:

I just got desensitized with this type of shyt since this is old and been going on for a minute now.

Hell even Superman is now gay and got a boyfriend. A Green Lantern is gay and it’s just like :yeshrug: at this point

They went light with it compared to many other shows

"gay superman" is a zeitgeist statement although being gay is "nothing" to do with being a superhero per-se.

yet all these heroes have been running around for decades (and millennia within their narratives) and throughout all of that time the vast majority* forget the heroic drive when it comes to fighting racism*.

after all "fighting evil" is everything to do with being a superhero (per-se).

or perhaps given that they are stories, the comic powers-that-be ignore one of the most obvious things that real-world heroes would do if they existed i.e. fight against (mainly white nations) and the dominion that they have established over the world.

on put another way .. the comic authors know who they are really pandering to; namely their gringo readers.

they have been tip-toeing around gringo sensibilities since they began publishing.

*falcon-cap, luke cage, black lightning being some notable exceptions. also killmonger MCU

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
This Movie had the highest stakes of any marvel movie ever, including endgame.
Like Loki's incursion in 2012 this should serve as a flashpoint for the state of the earth going forward

Why?
because this wasnt an Alien incursion (Loki)
a genocidal Nazi trying to bomb the world (red Skull)
a killer robot trying to wipe out all humans (Ultron)
A Devil trying to merge his reality with earth (Dormammu)
A full scale alien invasion (Thanos)

this was Extinction, Armageddon, the 11th hour, complete annihilation, the pre planned eradication of the earth and ALL LIFE on that bytch:ohhh:
and had the Eternals not grown a conscience at the literal last second...it would have happened! :merchant:humanity would have really been nothing but cosmic dust and echoes frfr :mjcry:

earth aint some spacefaring/colonizing world spanning empire.....its just a small blue rock, 3rd from the sun:wow:
and if this movie is an indicator its more vulnerable now than it ever has been:wow:

We need new heroes mayne....and we need them ASAP:wow:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I need to see her with the next avengers
she's perfect
they should bring shorts back, and do something with her running around history stealing famous relics and shyt. not heavy plot importance, not necessarily imprtant to the canon, just 5 minute live action clips to drop on Disney+. I'd like to see this with a lot of characters so they don't feel the need to shoehorn them into other projects where they really don't fit.

i honestly don't give a shyt about any of these characters fitting into the MCU. seeing Kingo shoot pew-pew finger guns next to Thor isn't gonna be cool. Seeing boring ass Sersi in a group with Strange and Hulk seems weird as hell as an idea. etc. Thena was such a meh character, but i'm sure Angelina got a multi film deal. i still don't really understand why she signed up for a 6th lead to have a dumb amnesia/mind control plot. i guess her weapons were cool though at least.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
This Movie had the highest stakes of any marvel movie ever, including endgame.
It's kinda like an indirect sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Ego was trying to use Quill by the same means Arishem and Tiamut were using the eternals.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Couple questions:

Why didn't Arishem actively push for the Eternals to accelerate human ingenuity/technology while also interfering with Human conflicts? Seems like that would be the fastest way to increase the population and give a new celestial all the energy it needs.

Didn't Thanos plan affect other planets with life as well and didn't those planets have celestial seeds on them? Why didn't Arishem step in and kill that noise knowing that Thanos would halt the respective emergencies acors

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
I hate that use black men to push the agenda

His whole demeanor was weak. Somehow trying to take blame for Hiroshima, sounding like an overly protective mom, being the only overweight/lack of any physical threat or presence as a superhero. Writers sure had a fun time depicting the only Black male character in the movie.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
His whole demeanor was weak. Somehow trying to take blame for Hiroshima, sounding like an overly protective mom, being the only overweight/lack of any physical threat or presence as a superhero. Writers sure had a fun time depicting the only Black male character in the movie.
damn phastos is that bad
everyone is making him sound like the fin of the franchise :mjlol: