Official 'The Eternals' Thread

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
The woke shyt is getting annoying

These are white boy talking points. If the stars of these hero flicks aren't straight white dudes its accused of 'pandering', 'woke', and 'agenda'. In a story about celestial beings and god-like heroes the only normal and acceptable image is a white boy in charge? fukk that. The real agenda is how brainwashed we are to accept that a god-like being that watches over billions of people of all creeds has to be a white man.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
These are white boy talking points. If the stars of these hero flicks aren't straight white dudes its accused of 'pandering', 'woke', and 'agenda'. In a story about celestial beings and god-like heroes the only normal and acceptable image is a white boy in charge? fukk that. The real agenda is how brainwashed we are to accept that a god-like being that watches over billions of people of all creeds has to be a white man.

You just played yourself because I was referring to the need to include a black man kissing another man in the MCU :mjtf:

TenChambers

All Star
Daps
Saw this yesterday :manny: definitely on my lower tier of MCU movies. Thought I was gonna like it because it doesn't take much for me to like these comic/action movies but something about it felt dull. It was kinda slow in the beginning for me...dipped in and out of sleep for the first 30 or so minutes. I did like the MCU lore stuff and what they seemed to be setting up.
Blade :feedme:

Definitely get the sense that Galactus bout to be the Thanos level big bad soon. Especially with F4 debuting in the next few years. :feedme:Celestial showing up at the end definitely gave me Galactus vibes.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Mutants have been around before Hiroshima :mjtf:

What were you thinking:what:
183e51c86bc165eaa7a2bb9d64b1feda.jpg

92d88397d0b145880b4a7980ca50de4e.jpg

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw it in IMAX and enjoyed it, will probably try to watch again since I love the cosmic side and world building. Film does have a lot issues and the plot structure could’ve been better so I can see folks not liking it.

Additional initial thoughts, def feels like this should’ve been a two parter, there’s just too much to pack in one film (eternals as characters, deviants, cosmic and earths history in the MCU). Also…..
was thanos right???:lupe:

Last edited:

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
But how they know what that was or was about to happen?
:dwillhuh:

Like was any of the wizards in the room when that intel was being told and did they distribute to others?

Did they have knowledge pre hand to what a celestial is and how they are created?:lupe:
nikka They sorcerers sense should have tingled!:mjgrin:
They should have felt a disturbance in the mf force!:mjgrin:

or........

They could reside in a sanctum specifically made to defend earth from wild cosmic mystical threats such as this!:stopitslime:

and in that sanctum should at least be an alarm that goes off when shyt like this happens:yeshrug:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
nikka They sorcerers sense should have tingled!:mjgrin:
They should have felt a disturbance in the mf force!:mjgrin:

or........

They could reside in a sanctum specifically made to defend earth from wild cosmic mystical threats such as this!:stopitslime:

and in that sanctum should at least be an alarm that goes off when shyt like this happens:yeshrug:

Let’s be real…… as much as everyone faux anger and fake complaining about “why wasn’t so and so there” let’s address the reality of if they added more characters.

Then people would be like “there is too many people and too much going on, this Spiderman 3 all over again”

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps

The director is a Chinese wench who made the only Black lead gay.....If that isn't an agenda, I don't know what is....they could have made Joli Bi to pander to audiences....but they had to choose the lone brother to push the agenda...Ridiculous....Celestials spreading HIV...gtfoh...

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
The director is a Chinese wench who made the only Black lead gay.....If that isn't an agenda, I don't know what is....they could have made Joli Bi to pander to audiences....but they had to choose the lone brother to push the agenda...Ridiculous....Celestials spreading HIV...gtfoh...

Right....the fukk is he talking bout....and to make it more extreme they had to have them two nikkas kiss just to push the agenda even far

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: In a movie with an unnecessary sex on the beach scene you guys are complaining about a chaste kiss. There wasn't any even any tongue. The pearl clutching reaction is over the top. Y'all calling normal stuff like a 2 sec kiss pandering while ignoring that stupid sex scene feels homophobic. Now who gets to decide what's pandering?
How is it not pandering when the character isn't even gay in the comics