Official 'The Eternals' Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Imagine being a regular ass person in the MCU world.

Theres a billionaire industrialist that has a suit of armor that's powered by a clean energy reactor that fits in your hand and he absolutely refuses to share it with the world.

Occasionally a green monster shows up and destroys a city.

Their version of the CIA was covertly taken over by their version of Nazis

fukking aliens invaded New York

An out of control AI almost caused an extinction level event.

nikkas in Africa have flying cars and bullet proof clothes.

Half of the fukking population disappeared then came back 5 years later.

A giant fukking alien Celestial pops out of the Indian Ocean, got turned to stone and now is just fukking there.

An even bigger Celestial just fukking shows up in low earth orbit over London then disappears

fukk being a regular ass person in the MCU.
Yeah, not my idea but a youtube commentator said they need to do a show about normal people and their reaction to all the MCU fukkery. I think that's a dope idea, just make a drama about the trauma of all this supernatural stuff is causing to regular People's psyches.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
. . . he was a good character but I have an issue with him. They gay stuff was handled well until they kissed. It was tacked on and it was the movie playing to the woke crowd. It was completely unnecessary. Everyone understood what was going on when they showed his significant other and the kid, that was enough BUT what I did not like was this niqqa looked bad as a super hero. Lose some fukkin' weight my guy. You don't have to go all out like Kingo did but damn go on a diet at least. He looked bad and almost ruined his action sequences because he looked so ridiculous in his super hero outfit being all tubby. That was more embarrassing for him than the gay stuff IMO.
Him and Selma Hayek weren't really believable as 'superheros'. That part where she was running on the ice before the deviants caught her was :mjlol:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Yeah, not my idea but a youtube commentator said they need to do a show about normal people and their reaction to all the MCU fukkery. I think that's a dope idea, just make a drama about the trauma of all this supernatural stuff is causing to regular People's psyches.
So basically like an adaptation of the Ben Urich mini arcs they used to do during big events. Makes sense as a D+ series.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I agree. MCU kinda touched up on that element in Endgame with the blip situation. It’s an interesting idea but I don’t think folks would be ecstatic on watching something like that as we’re recovering from a pandemic.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
. . . he was a good character but I have an issue with him. They gay stuff was handled well until they kissed. It was tacked on and it was the movie playing to the woke crowd. It was completely unnecessary. Everyone understood what was going on when they showed his significant other and the kid, that was enough BUT what I did not like was this niqqa looked bad as a super hero. Lose some fukkin' weight my guy. You don't have to go all out like Kingo did but damn go on a diet at least. He looked bad and almost ruined his action sequences because he looked so ridiculous in his super hero outfit being all tubby. That was more embarrassing for him than the gay stuff IMO.
:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The kiss wasn't necessary and tacked on just to appease you know who. The storyline was ehh at best and that big ass half aborted celestial sticking out of the Indian Ocean with no response from Doc Strange, Sword or nobody? Two weeks even passed by and still nothing. This seems to be more in connection with the upcoming Guardians movie.

Dope Blade easter egg

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Imagine being a regular ass person in the MCU world.

Theres a billionaire industrialist that has a suit of armor that's powered by a clean energy reactor that fits in your hand and he absolutely refuses to share it with the world.

Occasionally a green monster shows up and destroys a city.

Their version of the CIA was covertly taken over by their version of Nazis

fukking aliens invaded New York

An out of control AI almost caused an extinction level event.

nikkas in Africa have flying cars and bullet proof clothes.

Half of the fukking population disappeared then came back 5 years later.

A giant fukking alien Celestial pops out of the Indian Ocean, got turned to stone and now is just fukking there.

An even bigger Celestial just fukking shows up in low earth orbit over London then disappears

fukk being a regular ass person in the MCU.
I would be pissed and trying to get powers by any means necessary

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never had a problem understanding why the other heroes don't show up
it's either 1 of the 3 reasons
they were busy doing their own shyt
the event happened too quickly to respond
the news doesn't pick up on it until it happened and is dealt with
Doesn't with me since the focus is on the characters that the movie is about. Its just one of those small holes you question.
Like how the Deviant attack on London wouldn't be something that's all over the news that raises antennas the days following leading up to the Emergence

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Doesn't with me since the focus is on the characters that the movie is about. Its just one of those small holes you question.
Like how the Deviant attack on London wouldn't be something that's all over the news that raises antennas the days following leading up to the Emergence
I mean how do we know it didn't? Phastos' kid said he saw the shyt on the news. They just didn't includes the world's reaction and I don't think it's necessary. The movie was long enough.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
. . . was Thanos' plan like a fukk you to Celestials and the endless cycle of creation? He and his brother are Eternals is what I gathered from the end credit scene. Is that right? And they are brothers? Does that mean they just were on the same Eternals team on a specific planet? Titan I'm guessing. Why would Celestials spare his life for the snap? He fukked up their whole shyt.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw it in IMAX and enjoyed it, will probably try to watch again since I love the cosmic side and world building. Film does have a lot issues and the plot structure could’ve been better so I can see folks not liking it.