Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Somebody said Shang-chi added something :mjlol:

It was a good movie but it's easily a 1 off and no sequel is necessary

Eternals sets up a whole new run of movies potentially

I didn't see any mutant references tho....
The Atom bomb in Hiroshima. Mutants are called children of the Atom

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Doesn't with me since the focus is on the characters that the movie is about. Its just one of those small holes you question.
Like how the Deviant attack on London wouldn't be something that's all over the news that raises antennas the days following leading up to the Emergence

I feel what you saying….. but I think when you and other sometimes forget that in these movies. Ultimately we are seeing things to a degree play out from those characters perspectives.

Now yes, I guess they could pull a CANON Justice League move and have like a random family with no relevance or relation to the events and show them watching tv or outside watching something unfold to get their “reaction” shot. Then tie it in later with the hero having to do a “forced SAVE THEM” from impending doom thing.

But not sure how much more that would bring and remember people thought the family in CANON JL was trash, they got cut from the SCut.

Also, regarding the attacks and no backup. From a logical perspective. Other hero’s not in contact with Eternals. They don’t know what’s going on. Taking Strange out the equation, there isn’t one hero that can get from say NY to London in 5 minutes when say an attack is happening.

By the time Bucky finds a plane from LA, gets his gear and starts to take off (from the first attack)

The entire battle is over before his plane even reaches Nevada

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
. . . he was a good character but I have an issue with him. They gay stuff was handled well until they kissed. It was tacked on and it was the movie playing to the woke crowd. It was completely unnecessary. Everyone understood what was going on when they showed his significant other and the kid, that was enough BUT what I did not like was this niqqa looked bad as a super hero. Lose some fukkin' weight my guy. You don't have to go all out like Kingo did but damn go on a diet at least. He looked bad and almost ruined his action sequences because he looked so ridiculous in his super hero outfit being all tubby. That was more embarrassing for him than the gay stuff IMO.

So everyone else who leaves their significant other and kid for battle just waves? That would have been forced and awkward. Just say you're homophobic.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Only gripe i have is this

I understand the Avengers are disbanded
and that Shield, Wakanda, Sword and various government agencies might be slow to get this information..and slower to respond
i get that

But them damn Wizards shoulda been 1st on the scene with sling rings man:stopitslime:
A giant world ending titan is bursting forth from the earth and Dr Strange(supreme protector of earth against wild shyt like this!) is nowhere to be found?:stopitslime:

Should have saved that Wong cameo for this movie instead of wack ass Shang-chi frfr:yeshrug:

But how they know what that was or was about to happen?
:dwillhuh:

Like was any of the wizards in the room when that intel was being told and did they distribute to others?

Did they have knowledge pre hand to what a celestial is and how they are created?:lupe:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So everyone else who leaves their significant other and kid for battle just waves? That would have been forced and awkward. Just say you're homophobic.
I'm sure when Kingo left his movie production he had a brief meeting with someone and left instructions and shook their hand or whatever. Guess what? They didn't show it.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
So basically like an adaptation of the Ben Urich mini arcs they used to do during big events. Makes sense as a D+ series.

Jimmy Woo/Darcy X-files type show that deals with weirdo shyt going on in the periphery.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I'm sure when Kingo left his movie production he had a brief meeting with someone and left instructions and shook their hand or whatever. Guess what? They didn't show it.

:mjlol: In a movie with an unnecessary sex on the beach scene you guys are complaining about a chaste kiss. There wasn't any even any tongue. The pearl clutching reaction is over the top. Y'all calling normal stuff like a 2 sec kiss pandering while ignoring that stupid sex scene feels homophobic. Now who gets to decide what's pandering?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:mjlol: In a movie with an unnecessary sex on the beach scene you guys are complaining about a chaste kiss. There wasn't any even any tongue. The pearl clutching reaction is over the top. Y'all calling normal stuff like a 2 sec kiss pandering while ignoring that stupid sex scene feels homophobic. Now who gets to decide what's pandering?
I thought the sex scene was stupid to.