Official 'The Eternals' Thread

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
I went in extremely nervous that marvel was gonna miss

and I actually was pleasant surprised, I loved it.., excited to see how the future of the characters play out in the future

I just came back from seeing it
I dont see what the criticism was about- I enjoyed it
Like you, I walked in like....ut ohh...this maybe a miss but I thought the action was good, thought most of the actors did a good job

its definitely better than Venom trash

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

cVUfLBi.png

UpThruDere

Youtube.com/weupthrudere Subscribe!
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FLA
Man I aint gone lie im a die hard Marvel junkie and tried to force myself to like this but it was just lame, first MCU movie to make me fall asleep halfway through smh.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
It was solid. Not great. My biggest gripe is, this honestly didn't need to be made. Like this is a totally skippable movie in the Marvel Universe. No other Marvel movie is skippable, even Thor 2 (maybe Ironman 3 is skippable); and I know many of us didn't watch it including me; but then we were confused about Ragnarok which directly lead to Endgame. This doesn't setup anyone. I wish it told us more about Phase 4, Phase 5...X-Men, F4, because we know the future of the MCU is galactic yet nothing establishes that yet...Spiderman 3 is supposed to??? Don't get me wrong Spiderman 4 is probably gonna be the best MCU movie since infinity war, but Spiderman 3 will probably be able to stand alone as it's own movie too.

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
It was solid. Not great. My biggest gripe is, this honestly didn't need to be made. Like this is a totally skippable movie in the Marvel Universe. No other Marvel movie is skippable, even Thor 2 (maybe Ironman 3 is skippable); and I know many of us didn't watch it including me; but then we were confused about Ragnarok which directly lead to Endgame. This doesn't setup anyone. I wish it told us more about Phase 4, Phase 5...X-Men, F4, because we know the future of the MCU is galactic yet nothing establishes that yet...Spiderman 3 is supposed to??? Don't get me wrong Spiderman 4 is probably gonna be the best MCU movie since infinity war, but Spiderman 3 will probably be able to stand alone as it's own movie too.

you will only know if it was truly skippable in the future right? how do you know that in advance?

btw. hulk is the most skippable movie in the MCU (so far ....)

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
I just came back from seeing it
I dont see what the criticism was about- I enjoyed it
Like you, I walked in like....ut ohh...this maybe a miss but I thought the action was good, thought most of the actors did a good job

its definitely better than Venom trash

def better than venom

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
btw. hulk is the most skippable movie in the MCU (so far ....)

Point taken.

I'm not saying each preceding movie has to be a commercial for the next, but considering MCU has done the best of any film franchise ever connecting films, nothing in here subsequently links it to future films. What I mean is, after you watch, you won't have to rewatch again and be like, damn that's why they did that. MCU is great at linking movies without saying i have to go back and rewatch something again to get what happened.

Even knowing the Fox acquisition was done after this was greenlit, it would've been nice to have a nod to Galactus, the X-gene, Apocalypse, Titan's destruction, Reed Richards existence, maybe Phastos machinations giving way to Kang's technology, Celestial presence in Captain Marvel's crosshairs. There was nothing but seemingly Mahershala Ali's voice in an end credit. Eros is underwhelming, I'm sorry.