Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
This movie was in the works years in advance. The Fox deal coupled with the end of the infinity saga and the year long delay has really changed peoples expectations overall.

I think people are caught between not getting over the fact that the infinity saga is over but everything is still connected, nostalgia over the first 10 years and trying to dictate what will play next.
he mentioned a lot more that X-men when he said that humanity can protect itself
In regards to years in advance planning, Disney had no problem killing Inhumans and mostly everything else Fox had been working for years including projects outside of Marvel stuff. That's not a valid excuse.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
It was OK. The first third is very weak but it got better as it went along. I actually really dug it after things got going. I appreciated the moral question it raised about life and the weight of the struggle that created the conflict. The CGI definitely was noticeable in places, making it appear more like a video game than a movie. It's definitely one of the weaker Marvel movies but I do appreciate that the world-building and mythos involved in this series was so grand and outside of the box it was probably really difficult to water down and make accessible in this format. For that, it gets points. I'd put it at the same level of Thor 2, which was bad, but not terrible, and above Iron Man 3 which I loathe.

:comeon:

Thor 1 and especially Cap 1 were much tighter than this movie.

i think its we can say that in retrospect because we know how the story ends

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This movie was in the works years in advance. The Fox deal coupled with the end of the infinity saga and the year long delay has really changed peoples expectations overall.

I think people are caught between not getting over the fact that the infinity saga is over but everything is still connected, nostalgia over the first 10 years and trying to dictate what will play next.
Bro Shang Chi was fire and was fresh and new and a property most casuals know nothing about. This movie was mid pack