Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
How does this rank with other marvel movies?
Does this give a clearer direction to where the MCU is going?
Do y’all see any of these characters being interesting enough to stand side by side with the Avengers characters?

its better than the first 2 thors, and cap marvel (i didnt see the iron man movies after the first).

the Cgi was weak for the visual praise they were trying to give it.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
its better than the first 2 thors, and cap marvel (i didnt see the iron man movies after the first).

the Cgi was weak for the visual praise they were trying to give it.
it's definitely better than 2. everyone on Earth but me will tell you it's better than 3 too, but i ride for Iron Man 3*

*rank it like 20th, but still think it's better than Eternals

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
it's definitely better than 2. everyone on Earth but me will tell you it's better than 3 too, but i ride for Iron Man 3*

*rank it like 20th, but still think it's better than Eternals

One that that sticks out, Shang Chi was soooooo much better than this and didnt have to lean on the established Marvel characters like that. Even the post credit scenes had me like “why should i care”.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
It was OK. The first third is very weak but it got better as it went along. I actually really dug it after things got going. I appreciated the moral question it raised about life and the weight of the struggle that created the conflict. The CGI definitely was noticeable in places, making it appear more like a video game than a movie. It's definitely one of the weaker Marvel movies but I do appreciate that the world-building and mythos involved in this series was so grand and outside of the box it was probably really difficult to water down and make accessible in this format. For that, it gets points. I'd put it at the same level of Thor 2, which was bad, but not terrible, and above Iron Man 3 which I loathe.

:comeon:

Thor 1 and especially Cap 1 were much tighter than this movie.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
perfect review
I felt exactly like this dude especially the first 2 minutes where he explains why the Eternals are not needed

This movie was in the works years in advance. The Fox deal coupled with the end of the infinity saga and the year long delay has really changed peoples expectations overall.

I think people are caught between not getting over the fact that the infinity saga is over but everything is still connected, nostalgia over the first 10 years and trying to dictate what will play next.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
christ, i just wrote an encyclopedia length review of this shyt for no reason.

i keep thinking about this movie, and it's bugging me. might have to make a new and improved mcu list to see where this lands.