Official The Boys Season 3 Thread

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the 2nd episode now. Kind’ve messed up that as Butcher was trying to tell Hughie that maybe he wanted to quit, Hughie got him right back in the mix by saying Neumann was a supe.
I like this comment from reddit in around about way what hughie and stan want are kinda the same thing :jbhmm: stan is just doing it in a way where he can still make a lot of money:mjgrin:

Are Edgar and Hughie all that different?​

"The conversation that Stan Edgar had with the DoD guy about the temporary supe drug really sheds a lot of light on what exactly he wants. Obviously he's acting in the best interest of Vought, but beyond that, he hates having to "babysit children" all the time. He sees this experimental drug which can temporarily give individuals powers as the future of the company. His perfect world is one where superheroes don't exist, and this temporary supe drug is just a weapon, one which can be given and taken away just as a gun is. Many see his use of Victoria as controlled opposition, but by using her as a tool to criticize supes, he pushes public discourse to move away from supes as a concept. In this sense, I don't even see Stan Edgar as a villain. Obviously he does bad things and sometimes opposes the goals of our protagonists, but his future for Vought aligns really well with what Hughie wants: a steady, nonviolent phasing out of supes, where all those with powers can be held accountable.

That's actually an interesting parallel between the two. I think Edgar is still a villain in the context of what his motivation ultimately is: greed. He's clearly intending to replace the superhero economy with a super-soldier economy, and one that's obviously an addictive cycle than a franchise glorification of superheroes. But I have to admire the cunning and plan Edgar wants. He knows superhero personalities will almost never work. The closest 'success' is probably a disillusioned and depressed Noir through the 90s. It just makes sense that using Compound V to create superheroes was a mistake that led to multiple deaths in collateral damage and massive egos."

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
So basically, the only reason why Edgar is always :smugfavre: around Homelander is the fact that

His "daughter" could blow him up if he gets out of line. Just for this reason, AOC Jr. is definitely dying by the end of the season
I think it's less that, just that Edgar is a bit of a cold psychopath himself. He's more like the comic version of Stillwell who was legitimately the only not afraid of him. So much so Homelander recognized it and left him alone.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Man somebody gotta watch Anthony Starr, he plays a psychopath a little too well.

The Deep “he’s begging for his life!” :damn:

Homelander “eat it”:takedat:

What sucks is The Boys is the most realistic comic book story :mjcry:

images

Last edited:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
wouldn't be shocked if it's a different dude under the mask in current times
Nah, when he was partially de-masked last season it showed his scarred up face which matched the Vietnam fight. It's def the same dude. Glad they ditched the clone thing.
Wonder if head popper gonna throw that p*ssy at Huey once Starlight and him are on the ropes.
She's so damn fine.