Official The Boys Season 2 Thread

Code

Banned
Daps
This entire season was garbage so imagine my shock that they ended it with a 10/10 episode! :dead:

They're back to season 1 quality! :blessed:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Amazon is clearly riding high with the success of The Boys, since the show was renewed for a third season ahead of the second season's premiere. It's unclear when filming will get to begin on the next batch of episodes due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, but the scripts are being written and the first piece of casting was already confirmed earlier this year. Supernatural star Jensen Ackles is set to leave The CW series behind and will take on the role of the Vought supe "Soldier Boy" in the new season. He reunites with Eric Kripke in the role, who says that fans expecting a nice Jensen are in for a rude awakening.

"I think anyone expecting Jensen to show up and be a good guy, they will be disappointed. I’ll say that! [Laughs]," Kripke told Variety. "In the comics he’s mostly just kind of bumbling and subservient to Homelander, I would say. As we’re writing him in this, we’re getting to really talk about the history of Vought because he’s like John Wayne. He’s one of these guys that’s been around for decades of Vought history. And he was Homelander before Homelander, so he’s from a different era, but he’s got the ego and the ambition — it just comes across in a different way because he’s from a different time."

In the Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson comic series, Soldier Boy is abused with a capital A by both Homelander and Billy Butcher. A variant of Marvel's Captain America, the character leads the Avengers parody "Payback" and like the Star Spangled Man, is a legacy title passed down from hero to hero so Vought can maintain a consistency. It's unclear if the TV series will go down the same patch when they bring him to air, especially since Kripke's above quote refers to him as "from a different era."

When announcing Ackles' casting, Kripke had a similar tone, saying: "Jensen is an amazing actor, an even better person, smells like warm chocolate chip cookies, and I consider him a brother. As Soldier Boy, the very first Superhero, he’ll bring so much humor, pathos, and danger to the role. I can’t wait to be on set with him again, and bring a bit of Supernatural to The Boys."

Uh oh :lupe:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
A-Train is a garbage actor and character. wish his head exploded

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
did anyone call it in the thread? now i gotta go back and watch the initial explosion. they nailed this finale, going from oh shyt nooo to cheering to crying, the last one not me personally im a man and all, but that was a rollercoaster.
my favorite moment is probably "hey kraut"
I suspected her when her head didn't pop in the courtroom because she seemed like a prime candidate for it but i didn't fully commit to the thought

I figured it was the Scientology nikka