Official The Boys Season 2 Thread

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished. Good season picked up at the last episodes.

Scary how when it comes down to it, the only thing keeping Homelander from going Kid Miracle on the world is his need to be loved by his “inferiors”.

Great analogy of America (HL) getting in bed with Nazi philosophy (SF) as a means to an end .
I’m sure it’s more then that. Seems like vought can neutralize him if needed. Gus from breaking bad doesn’t even seem to be scared of homelander in the slightest. And I’m sure a powerful entity like vought have contingencies

Last edited:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I’m sure it’s more then that. Seems like vought can neutralize him if needed. Gus from breaking bad doesn’t even seem to be scared if homelander in the slightest. And I’m sure a powerful entity like vought have contingencies
Yes hes not the most powerful IIRC

black noir in the comics is a clone of homelander, he is the contingency

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yes hes not the most powerful IIRC

black noir in the comics is a clone of homelander, he is the contingency
I never read the comic, so I was wondering what was up with him. That's good to know. Can you spoil a bit more about the character?

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I never read the comic, so I was wondering what was up with him. That's good to know. Can you spoil a bit more about the character?
its been a bit since i read them, but he basically knows his purpose is to kill homelander if HL goes “off script” so to speak and gets more and more frustrated by the fact he hasnt been able to fulfill his purpose. He sets up homelander for a few crimes, but it seems the show isnt going in that direction. (I think one of the crimes was he was the one who raped butchers wife, not homelander.) hes basically a ninja version of homelander in the comics. So far on the show hes just a ninja

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
So Herogasm is coming in season 3
images

For those who don't know the supes or at least the vought supes would fake a cataclysmic threat every year just to have a yearly supe drugs and bang sesh. HL went off the rails more and killed a plane of people and had a gay hookup with Soldier Boy #2, something the showrunner has confirmed will not be happening. Hopefully that means the shyt with Huey and Black Noir also won't happen.
oG48bVO.png

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I’m sure it’s more then that. Seems like vought can neutralize him if needed. Gus from breaking bad doesn’t even seem to be scared of homelander in the slightest. And I’m sure a powerful entity like vought have contingencies
Mr. Edgar is the more comic accurate version of Stillwell who had such a cold impersonal demeaner it bothered HL. Yes, he has contingencies but just how HL wants to be loved by the people he wants to impress and impart fear into Stillwell/Edgar. Stillwell wasn't even bothered by the idea of HL killing him.

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
They literally had Gus tell you that Homelander's son is the contingency in this version.. Then made it a point to show Black Noir is not him and is a black man

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Interesting takes. Here's how I viewed it:
He has blood on his hands, I’m not going to excuse that. But I’m thinking of certain little things like how he felt uncomfortable when st0rmfr0nt was talking that white power shyt to his son
From my perspective, I think that he was upset because he was tryina bond with his son over some life experiences that formed HL as a person and st0rmfr0nt was hitting em with the Aryan promotional speech like a Trump supporter.
when he was thinking about blasting everybody in a crowd that was coming at him but then snapped out of it. A real villain would just straight act off impulse and just say fukk it.
The fact that he fantasized about mass murder when humans challenged his POV is straight villain shyt.

He’s a fukked up individual but I don’t think he’s bad. Like the director pointed out him in the after show, him and Butcher has a lot in common

@BXKingPin82 and to touch on your point about st0rmfr0nt. I think Homelander seeks for a connection with someone so bad that he was willing to overlook that. He, st0rmfr0nt and his son would’ve been a family unit that he’s been longing for his whole life
I think what makes HL such a villain is that he has no moral compass at all. He is willing to do anything for clout. IMO that is different from a Thanos who is logically trying to save the universe in a fukked up way or the Joker who thinks the world is a chaotic place. HL is out here faking white supremacy for clicks. He is indifferent to everything that doesn't affect his ratings.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Just finished this, great amount of laughs and 'oh shyt' moments. I liked the first season more because it had a somewhat 'smaller' feel to it if that makes sense.

Are the comics worth getting in to?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This show is the shyt, and I swear, after all the money and years Netflix has put into their original content, I cannot think of any Netflix show that compares to this one in the special effects category. I might be sleep on something, but when they get to the action in this show, it's top notch and legit be having me like :gladbron:

:wow:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
in the series itself? when?
When Maeve pulled up his mask to feed him the candy bar. It def wasn’t the same actor so not a clone. And he was the actor that play Noir, who is a black man.

I believe they did that to kill all the “is he or isn’t he”. It was already the worst kept secret. So they ended that and had Homelanders son take his place as the backup plan

parallax

Superstar
Daps
When Maeve pulled up his mask to feed him the candy bar. It def wasn’t the same actor so not a clone. And he was the actor that play Noir, who is a black man.

I believe they did that to kill all the “is he or isn’t he”. It was already the worst kept secret. So they ended that and had Homelanders son take his place as the backup plan

his face was all fukked up. he could have been a fukked up clone. definetely no confirmation that hes black in canon yet