Official The Boys Season 2 Thread

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Great? Entertaining, sure. Feels like an FX show that doesn't want to be an FX show.

Man, there's entire portions of this that just drag on forever with actors and themes that you know they can't pull off. They spent a whole season with A-Train just to have the product be a few awkward conversations in season 2? Frenchie didn't bring anything to the table really to begin with but now he's just an anchor to another character who isn't worth their screen time. Then they try to run this whole religious long-game payoff with the Deep but there's nothing to even get attached to with him. He's not funny. You can't really identify with a rapist either. He's got no potential. There's no way it turns into anything good.

The few high points are just repeats of strings that the directors feel comfortable with. Tension from certain characters is awesome. But there's nothing the show offers to balance them out. Its not Butcher, MM was never given the depth to begin with, and any CIA/government/Vought official seems like they're only around as replacements to previous people who filled that no matter how well they perform individually. Its just a matter of time until they hit the next plot point then get their head's unceremoniously caved in.

Then you look at all the just plain weird shyt and common sense that characters suddenly lose as the story goes on. Black Noir of all people is getting pressed. A-Train doesn't believe in an insurance policy against the 7 to keep his position. Happy road trips and "I got a burner phone its okay :skip:" nonsense. What does Maeve even do?

And if you watch this show from the guilty pleasure angle? Its even drier

Yeah....this is the reason why I just went ahead and spoiled myself with the Black Noir shyt. Mfs been mentioning that shyt for 3 years now in Season One and Two threads but S2 just been kind of dragging on to a degree that I can't fathom when they'd ever get there.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Yeah....this is the reason why I just went ahead and spoiled myself with the Black Noir shyt. Mfs been mentioning that shyt for 3 years now in Season One and Two threads but S2 just been kind of dragging on to a degree that I can't fathom when they'd ever get there.
Well if you watched season 2, you'd see they are never going there