Official The Boys Season 2 Thread

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
nikka getting strangled by a Mr Fantastic penis?!?!??? Goddamn!! :scust: :puke: :wtf:

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
He wasn't down with the racist shyt because he sees all humans as equally worthless. So singling out a race is a waste of time for him. He can't wrap his mind around caring enough to do that.

And he didn't blast the crowd because he's a textbook narcissistic sociopath, not because he thought it was a bad idea. We've seen him let innocent people die (the plane) or outright kill people (the Vought soldiers last ep, who were no threat at all to him) with no fukks given.

And as far as st0rmfr0nt....I get his reasoning behind over looking it but it doesn't justify anything. st0rmfr0nt was willing to start a race war and potentially kill millions....."well, I was lonely so I gave her a pass" doesn't cut it breh.

The only thing I agree with in your post is Homelander and Butcher are two sides of the same coin. Both are monsters created by their fathers.

Fred.
Usually when someone says something that the other person doesn’t agree with in television, the camera will pan to his face to show visual disagreement. I was expecting that but he didn’t do it. It may have been a bit to far fetch for him but I can see him falling in line for her race-realism.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
just finished the season, and it was pretty good. kinda weak that they dropped the super terrorists stuff pretty quickly a few observations.

-lamplighter got off easy compared to the comics. i get that they want the villains to be nuanced and not one dimensional, but some of these characters need to be one dimensional monsters.
-vas got shafted. from a major side character to a damn minute joke. sad shyt
-i felt bad for homelander a few times, but they would often walk it back by having him do dumb or despicable shyt shortly after. all that shyt about saving america and you bed up with a nazi eugenics project? i get the need for family where you can make it, but damn, he needs to do better.
-anyone notice that outside of maeve and starlight, none of the heroes take their costumes off ever? i wonder what the reason for that is
-starlight gets a beat down similar to her comics counterpart, which was kinda nice, even if the message was different
-the deep got shafted hard this season. all the people that promised to help him get back on the team and none of them did.

Magneto aint really a villain per se... he has a code...:ld: seriously... he's more like an arch villain/anti-hero doing bad things but still capable of good... He went after red skull hard and buried that fool underground..he don't fukk with nazi's...:heh: He doesn't want to take over the world he just wants the govt's to stop fukking with mutants

max is definetely a villain. he killed a bunch of people on planes alone during fatal attractions.

Also is it possible for Stan Edgar to be this universe’ Prof X?

theres already a character that was that in the comics. they could give him more of his traits, but it seems like hes a new version of stillwell from the comics

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
max is definetely a villain. he killed a bunch of people on planes alone during fatal attractions.
I mean it does depend on the writers man...:beli: first they wanna make him a villainous a$$hole but there are times when magneto truly does good things... it's just his tactics go way too far...

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Usually when someone says something that the other person doesn’t agree with in television, the camera will pan to his face to show visual disagreement. I was expecting that but he didn’t do it. It may have been a bit to far fetch for him but I can see him falling in line for her race-realism.
Someone with that edgy take like homelander is easier to radicalize to st0rmfr0nt ideology

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
just finished the season, and it was pretty good. kinda weak that they dropped the super terrorists stuff pretty quickly a few observations.

-lamplighter got off easy compared to the comics. i get that they want the villains to be nuanced and not one dimensional, but some of these characters need to be one dimensional monsters.
-vas got shafted. from a major side character to a damn minute joke. sad shyt
-i felt bad for homelander a few times, but they would often walk it back by having him do dumb or despicable shyt shortly after. all that shyt about saving america and you bed up with a nazi eugenics project? i get the need for family where you can make it, but damn, he needs to do better.
-anyone notice that outside of maeve and starlight, none of the heroes take their costumes off ever? i wonder what the reason for that is
-starlight gets a beat down similar to her comics counterpart, which was kinda nice, even if the message was different
-the deep got shafted hard this season. all the people that promised to help him get back on the team and none of them did.

theres already a character that was that in the comics. they could give him more of his traits, but it seems like hes a new version of stillwell from the comics
John Godolkin just looked it up, and man his story is dark and sinister af.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Well yeah but so was that hilarious Butcher reenactment narrated by :sitdown:

After everything that happened in S1, you really think Homelander cared about that baby :russ:

Vought definitely covered that shyt up.
I would've preferred for it to be a Vought cover up but I think they did that for the segment of fans who love the show for Hughie and Annie, Frenchie and Kimiko relationships but wish the show stopped killing sea animals, being grituitious and violent. No one in that room gave a damn about that baby but it's a small compromise to give the fans who did.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
clprk7jigps51.png

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Nah man. I don't know what ep you're up to (I seen you just reacted to ep 6 so maybe you aren't on the finale) but there's a moment in the finale when st0rmfr0nt is talking about :damn: "it's called white genocide" and a look of :beli: "here this bytch go again" briefly flashes across Homelander's face.

all that shyt about saving america and you bed up with a nazi eugenics project? i get the need for family where you can make it, but damn, he needs to do better.

If you look at it at face value it doesn't add up character-wise....but if you look at Homelander and st0rmfr0nt as a metaphor for "making America great again"....then it's damn near flawless.

The writers aren't the greatest and this season was uneven....but they nailed that IMO.

Fred.