Official The Book of Boba Fett Thread

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
It looked much better i agree. I'm just saying i still noticed his limitations. If you didn't that makes its more impressive, but i doubt they'd pull off a whole series without people noticing.
People will start to complain, why does Luke always speak so slowly all the time? why isn't he more expressive? Why does he avoid multisyllabic words starting with P? (because it's harder to animate his lips when he says something like "precarious" as opposed to saying "not safe" Eventually you will start to notice he has a limited vocabulary over the course of a series. It will still look good, but it will start to feel stunted.
He looked great to me, but i did notice Mark Hamil switched up his line delivery a bit to help that out.
Mark Hamil didn’t voice episode 6 Luke. It was completely computer generated. I think he should have and I hope he has involvement in future appearances.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
FrequentThankfulDuckling-size_restricted.gif
@Tenchi® Ryu™ @TheLostOnes @Knowledge :stopitslime:.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
You would think villains would quit monologuing when they have the protagonist in a defeating situation.

Cad Bane: "Consider this my final lesson: Look out for yourself...Anything else...*raises blaster*...is weakness."
Boba Fett: *takes Cad down and impales him with a Tusken spear*
Cad Bane: "*coughs* You sly dog...you caught me monologuing. *dies*"

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Grogu is going to end up with that Dark Saber and be the second Mandalorian Jedi. I think once he unblocks all his memories he'll be extremely powerful. I wonder what he did to those clone storm troopers that tried to kill him during the attack on the temple. I also wonder what he'll do when he realizes Bobba Fett is a clone.

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
I really like how Star Wars has managed to have our parents generation, our generation and our children’s generation captivated :wow:.

looking forward to the obi wan series too. Disney+ Isn’t playing

Man for real, my son talks to my parents about the show as its amazing seeing something 3 generations can get equally excited about.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
This shyt was awful...

Anyone interested in this show from a SW fan standpoint, just watch eps 2,5 and 6...No other episodes are worth your time...

They completely butchered Boba Fett, straight up turned my mans into Zordon complete with his own fruity power ranger vespa crew that look like they were designed using the Cyberpunk2077 character creator...

Even Black Krrsantan da gawd was done dirty, how you gon have both him and Bane in this yet still flop soo hard? :what:

I refuse to believe there wasn't Kennedy and her crew interference in this cuz Favreau and Filoni track record speaks for itself...This show doesn't feel like something they had creative control over...

My expectations for Kenobi are now extremely low...

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
at the end of the day Boba being flabby was part of the story.. He got old and soft as many do. Cad Bane brought out the murderer in him..

Reminded me A LOT of the Eastwood movie Unforgiven. The old gunslinger.. That's probably not the story most people wanted but it made sense to me and i'm fine with it..

That said probably don't need a season 2 and the best parts were Grogu/Mando :manny:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anakin was a self fufilling prophecy

Nobody's accounting for the fact that he felt like an outsider from the very beginning because the Jedi never fukked with him in the first place. Obi Wan grew to like him but he didn't want to train/fukk with him either

So you have a boy who's already separated from his slave mama, and thrown into an environment where nikkas openly side eye him. The nikka didn't stand a chance

Mace and Yoda might've had valid reasons for not wanting to train him, but couldn't articulate them like most old heads

Anakin tried as hard as anyone could in spite of everything, but ultimately the way the Jedi treated him sent him right into Palpatine's hands

All facts, but the main fallacy had nothing to do with Anakin at all. The Jedi Council was doomed the moment Palpatine was selected to replace the previous Chancellor. Palpatine had the Jedi working for him in the biggest false flag intergalactic war that eventually got them blindsided. Hell, when Obi Wan discovered the Clone army, that should of IMMEDIATELY caused a red flag.But Palpatine was working both sides so well with the Separatists, that the Jedi had no choice but to rely on the Clones. Anakin's turn was just the icing of the cake.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The episode was ok. If anything the highlights disappoint me for the fact that they could've done some of this earlier and made shyt more intriguing

There was potential for a good show in here SOMEWHERE, but the pacing and deviations made it a dragging mess. This makes episode 5 and 6 even more disrespectful because they could've chopped 80% of that Mandalorian time and fleshed out the Boba plot more effectively

Even if you want to include the Mandalorian fine, but y'all KNOW Grogu wasn't necessary in this shyt:mjlol:

Rodriguez directed some bad episodes but that Rancor sequence was great. It played to his grindhouse strengths and I believe he has a good Kaiju movie in him if he wanted to do one

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i said this before but what can you expect.
The majority of fans want nothing to do with the sequel trilogy which they banked on for being the future of star wars. Kathleen Kennedys own new project “High Republic” is not even taking place in the future. From a business perspective its just not good to deal with anything that heavily references the sequel trilogy. The sequel trilogy toy line is still getting outsold by characters from 40 years ago. :mjlol:
They had no choice but to start over again.

As for the heavy cameos and fan service, thats always going to be apparent when starting from an already established IP. You need a way to draw in legacy fans while introducing new concepts. Its the beginning stages but im sure that reliance will diminish as they move forward and get better trust within the community
Again I stress the issue is not purely fan service, it's the way Star Wars uses it

More than a few times Star Wars has used fan service as a crutch or distract from a sub par story

Disney Star Wars fan service is HEY LOOK, YEA YOU REMEMBER THIS RIGHT? as nothing of consequence occurs

Again the Mandalorian, an outlier, has plenty of fan service but the foundation of a good story is there

Have fan service, sell toys and all that, but the story comes first