Official The Book of Boba Fett Thread

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Rodriguez is not for Star Wars. This was by far his best episode and still paled in comparison to the last 2 (or some of the best Mando eps). I hope dude has had his fun and Disney moves on from him :camby:

A lot of the shootout scenes felt awkward as fukk because the bike gang looks fukking ridiculous. The white chick seemed like she was going to snap like a twig just by running, so watching her trying to be a "bad ass" shooting motherfukkers was cringe worthy. Black dude with cyborg eye felt like he was doing a whole different show/property all together.

:laff: at Boba being all worried about the Pykes destroying his town and then going to get his Rancor and wrecking the town anyways :dead: having said that, the Rancor wrecking shyt was the best action of that whole long ass fight.

Fennec's in the last scene was the best though, THAT'S the kind of gully shyt this show needed more of.

I wonder if Grogu going back to Mando was planned from the get go or Favreau and Filoni changed course after Mando Season 2 finale.

Mando season 3 gotta be about uniting Mandalore right? Probably gonna see Sabine Wren make an appearance and put some clousure to Bo-Katan's journey.
If I had to guess, I’d say this was a forced move. What was the point of bringing Luke in the Mandalorian finale, if the plan was to put Grogu right back with Djarin? Disney knows that Grogu is money. Can’t have him away too long, I guess. I was glad to see him and Mando back together, but they really didn’t set it up well at all. It should’ve been a big moment…especially after the disappointment of not being able to see him in the last episode. However, there was a part of me that was hoping they’d let Grogu be Luke’s first student and completely do away with the sequel story.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
If I had to guess, I’d say this was a forced move. What was the point of bringing Luke in the Mandalorian finale, if the plan was to put Grogu right back with Djarin? Disney knows that Grogu is money. Can’t have him away too long, I guess. I was glad to see him and Mando back together, but they really didn’t set it up well at all. It should’ve been a big moment…especially after the disappointment of not being able to see him in the last episode. However, there was a part of me that was hoping they’d let Grogu be Luke’s first student and completely do away with the sequel story.

What's weird to me is that they could've had made this move anyway, just not this soon. You have Mando Season 3 be all about the Mandalorians and taking back Mandalore. Then you have a Jedi Academy show with Baby Yoda, Luke and another padawan, or those two searching for padawans (they would have to recast Luke, but I feel like Disney thinks that's a bigger deal than it actually is). And in that show you have Grogu not being able to let go of Din and going back to him for a Mando season 4 or a Grogu season 1.

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
What's weird to me is that they could've had made this move anyway, just not this soon. You have Mando Season 3 be all about the Mandalorians and taking back Mandalore. Then you have a Jedi Academy show with Baby Yoda, Luke and another padawan, or those two searching for padawans (they would have to recast Luke, but I feel like Disney thinks that's a bigger deal than it actually is). And in that show you have Grogu not being able to let go of Din and going back to him for a Mando season 4 or a Grogu season 1.
Based on how season 2 ended and episode 5 of Fett, that might’ve been the plan, Not sure if that changes now that Grogu is back with him.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Based on how season 2 ended and episode 5 of Fett, that might’ve been the plan, Not sure if that changes now that Grogu is back with him.

I'm sure that's still the plan will be the main plot that's on the backround while Mando and Baby Yoda have 4 bottle episodes with random adventures. I just thought that it was enough of a strong plot for the season not needing Grogu and letting him be out for a while before returning later.

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
I think you just put into focus something that I had in the back of my mind but I couldn't put into words:

This series was actually aimed at kids/a younger audience than Mandalorian. And I bet they loved it. If the goal is to build new fans I bet it's a huge success.

It probably would have been better received if it were a cartoon.

George always said that as a whole Star Wars were family films and aimed at kids.

I actually love the fact that I can enjoy all of these shows with my boy. Even ended up going back and watching all of "Rebels" with him and I enjoyed it as much as him.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They were given a outline when they bought it and Kathleen Kennedy knew the plotline going in. They just scrapped it as soon as the ink dried. GL started working on it, and put the calls in to everyone. He called Mark Hamill first, told him he had a story, asked was he in...then later after everyone else was on board he told them that he was giving it to Kathleen to do. She was his right hand and heir. He had the pieces in place before he sold it. But the suits did what suits do...and put out a remaquel.

Are you suggesting that she willfully went against George's wishes? Or was there more at play?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
JJ abrams couldn't save it in episode 9.

breh.. couldn't save would imply that ep. 9 was "decent" but it's actually the worst of the whole trilogy... the emperor came bacc outta nowhere Lmao. No build at all.. off screen lol..

Then there's the BS clone sh-t and the awful Rey love story. My god...

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Are you suggesting that she willfully went against George's wishes? Or was there more at play?

I think George has pretty much said that himself:
George Lucas says he sold Star Wars franchise to 'white slavers' and criticises 'retro' The Force Awakens

, "They looked at the stories, and they said, ‘We want to make something for the fans’….They decided they didn’t want to use those stories, they decided they were going to do their own thing…."

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest

FrequentThankfulDuckling-size_restricted.gif