Official The Book of Boba Fett Thread

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
ALL of these shows and movies have been nothing but fan service. And these shows didn't really fix the mistakes of the movies, because they all take place in the past. If you're referring to pace, writing etc, that doesn't make up for the movies because it doesn't undo what happened.

They are taking the stems of what the movies did and making them easier to stomach. They had no choice but to move backward instead of forward because no one likes the characters that were left behind. Everyone hates Rey, Finn was wasted, Poe got shytted on, Kylo Ren is arguably the worst sith lord in the series. So she should probably just shut the fukk up honestly, they are trying to do the best they can to restore faith back into the star wars brand because of the massive damage she inflicted upon it

And my point is that if they wanted to move forward not backward then the new era they created shouldn't have any characters from the OT, but they did it anyway.

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Call me crazy, but the whole Mando/Grogu dynamic is starting to get creepy. It seems like it was forced. He should've stayed with Luke.

And for people mad at what happened to Bane, they need to realize that Fett and Bane are :flabbynsick: this is the past not the future. And even more of a reason why they should've just did a Clone Wars/Republic live action series.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the character showed up in the Obi Wan series :manny:

I can also see why Kennedy and her people would be upset at the direction they are going with these Disney + shows. The movies, even though they were meh at best, were supposed to thrust the star wars brand forward and into the future. These Disney + shows are all in the past. When the next Star Wars movie drops, none of these characters will be in it except for maybe Grogu. Maybe the shows will setup up younger characters that will be the future of Star Wars.
:camby::camby::camby::camby::camby::camby::camby::camby::camby::camby::camby::camby::camby::camby::camby:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I really liked this series overall. I understand the setup was necessary in order for Mando to help him in the end. Mando was sure he wasn't ever going to see Grogu again so he was ready to go out. I'm guessing Boba won't be in the galaxy any time soon now that he's running Tatooine so we may not get another season. It was a nice setup for Season 3 of The Mandalorian, but I have no idea where that series will go since Moff Gideon is locked up somewhere. Maybe we'll see more Jedi.

I think the logical next step should be a clash between Mando and the "true mandalorians". Neither Mando's OGs nor Bo Katan fukk with him right now so that's some shyt they gotta iron out. They did say he was gonna have to go to Mandalore to restore his honor so I think that's gotta happen at some point

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
I thought the finale was great, finally got to see Boba flex his skills, team up with Mando and then ride the Rancor!

I've been watching this series with my Son and he loved every minute of it. As a whole it's still a step below Mando but this was definitely one of the better episodes of the season.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Call me crazy, but the whole Mando/Grogu dynamic is starting to get creepy. It seems like it was forced. He should've stayed with Luke.

And for people mad at what happened to Bane, they need to realize that Fett and Bane are :flabbynsick: this is the past not the future. And even more of a reason why they should've just did a Clone Wars/Republic live action series.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the character showed up in the Obi Wan series :manny:

I can also see why Kennedy and her people would be upset at the direction they are going with these Disney + shows. The movies, even though they were meh at best, were supposed to thrust the star wars brand forward and into the future. These Disney + shows are all in the past. When the next Star Wars movie drops, none of these characters will be in it except for maybe Grogu. Maybe the shows will setup up younger characters that will be the future of Star Wars.
That’s his son bruh tf is wrong with you dawg

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I thought the finale was great, finally got to see Boba flex his skills, team up with Mando and then ride the Rancor!

I've been watching this series with my Son and he loved every minute of it. As a whole it's still a step below Mando but this was definitely one of the better episodes of the season.

I think you just put into focus something that I had in the back of my mind but I couldn't put into words:

This series was actually aimed at kids/a younger audience than Mandalorian. And I bet they loved it. If the goal is to build new fans I bet it's a huge success.

It probably would have been better received if it were a cartoon.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
I'm still gutted at how disappointing and underwhelming that finale was smdh. Granted I had a feeling they wouldn't be able to outdo that epic 6th episode, but I didn't think they'd falter the way they did.

So much I didn't agree with in the finale but having Grogu make his choice off camera has to be the biggest one of them all. The reveal was soooo mediocre and underwhelming :unimpressed:

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
It's always been family-friendly. Who wants gritty and violent Rated R-esque Star Wars? That's not even the genre or style it originated in. It's one of those things that may seem dark and violent when read on paper, because the imagination fills in the gaps, but overall on screen it's not. It's barely one step above A-Team status. The Bounty Hunters are ehhhh, and only a handful are interesting when they're embedded in the Republic/Empire/Jedi lore. All of the Jabba & Syndicate stuff is underwhelming on its own. The only SW underworld I actually like is the Cade stuff...and that's only because it's so far removed, it reads more like old school pirate action adventure.

I do :dj2:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
That’s his son bruh tf is wrong with you dawg

i got a feeling they will fukk around and run that storyline down to the nub to the point to bogs down the story.

And how many times is Mando gonna look shocked with Grogu uses the force? Like it’s his first time seeing it :snoop:

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
ALL of these shows and movies have been nothing but fan service. And these shows didn't really fix the mistakes of the movies, because they all take place in the past. If you're referring to pace, writing etc, that doesn't make up for the movies because it doesn't undo what happened.

i said this before but what can you expect.
The majority of fans want nothing to do with the sequel trilogy which they banked on for being the future of star wars. Kathleen Kennedys own new project “High Republic” is not even taking place in the future. From a business perspective its just not good to deal with anything that heavily references the sequel trilogy. The sequel trilogy toy line is still getting outsold by characters from 40 years ago. :mjlol:
They had no choice but to start over again.

As for the heavy cameos and fan service, thats always going to be apparent when starting from an already established IP. You need a way to draw in legacy fans while introducing new concepts. Its the beginning stages but im sure that reliance will diminish as they move forward and get better trust within the community

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
It's always been family-friendly. Who wants gritty and violent Rated R-esque Star Wars? That's not even the genre or style it originated in. It's one of those things that may seem dark and violent when read on paper, because the imagination fills in the gaps, but overall on screen it's not. It's barely one step above A-Team status. The Bounty Hunters are ehhhh, and only a handful are interesting when they're embedded in the Republic/Empire/Jedi lore. All of the Jabba & Syndicate stuff is underwhelming on its own. The only SW underworld I actually like is the Cade stuff...and that's only because it's so far removed, it reads more like old school pirate action adventure.

Star wars not gritty? Do you not see what a light-saber does to you lmao. While i dont think it needs to be 100% R rated it can obviously benefit from more violence and darker themes being involved.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
i said this before but what can you expect.
The majority of fans want nothing to do with the sequel trilogy which they banked on for being the future of star wars. Kathleen Kennedys own new project “High Republic” is not even taking place in the future. From a business perspective its just not good to deal with anything that heavily references the sequel trilogy. The sequel trilogy toy line is still getting outsold by characters from 40 years ago. :mjlol:
They had no choice but to start over again.

As for the heavy cameos and fan service, thats always going to be apparent when starting from an already established IP. You need a way to draw in legacy fans while introducing new concepts. Its the beginning stages but im sure that reliance will diminish as they move forward and get better trust within the community

They're too all over the place at this point :snoop:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Star wars not gritty? Do you not see what a light-saber does to you lmao. While i dont think it needs to be 100% R rated it can obviously benefit from more violence and darker themes being involved.

That's what I'm getting at. They can give us more mature themes without fully crossing the line, like I'm not asking for swearing and sex. This could obviously be better if they didn't turn this into spy kids and bring in kool and the gang and shyt

Like they wanna shut down the drug trade, ok well show us a drug addict so we can understand the gravity of the situation. Show us how hard it really is to survive in a corrupt desert planet, drop some bodies, make this shyt feel like it's meant to be taken seriously.

Boba really out here doing comedy hannah barbera skits and shyt :snoop:

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Star Wars movies have post cum clarity. shouldn't be allowed to review it til a week later. i "liked" Rise of Skywalker as i was walking out. that movie is a bag of dogshyt smeared on a windshield. i've never left a SW movie not liking it... except Solo, which was meh from minute 1. I fukkin LOVED Attack of the Clones right after seeing it.
:hhh: Damn, Breh…..