Official The Book of Boba Fett Thread

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The underworld of SW could actually be interesting if they took the kid gloves off and made it violent and gritty, but since they are going the family friendly route, it becomes much less interesting. Stakes too low, and too campy.

It's always been family-friendly. Who wants gritty and violent Rated R-esque Star Wars? That's not even the genre or style it originated in. It's one of those things that may seem dark and violent when read on paper, because the imagination fills in the gaps, but overall on screen it's not. It's barely one step above A-Team status. The Bounty Hunters are ehhhh, and only a handful are interesting when they're embedded in the Republic/Empire/Jedi lore. All of the Jabba & Syndicate stuff is underwhelming on its own. The only SW underworld I actually like is the Cade stuff...and that's only because it's so far removed, it reads more like old school pirate action adventure.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It's always been family-friendly. Who wants gritty and violent Rated R-esque Star Wars? That's not even the genre or style it originated in. It's one of those things that may seem dark and violent when read on paper, because the imagination fills in the gaps, but overall on screen it's not. It's barely one step above A-Team status. The Bounty Hunters are ehhhh, and only a handful are interesting when they're embedded in the Republic/Empire/Jedi lore. All of the Jabba & Syndicate stuff is underwhelming on its own. The only SW underworld I actually like is the Cade stuff...and that's only because it's so far removed, it reads more like old school pirate action adventure.

I'm just painting a picture of what it could be. As is, it's not something everyone cares about, but it could become something better if they took a chance, that's all

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
TFA was really well received, idk why there’s this revisionist history regarding the movie. They did not chart out the story. They had no idea what Rian Johnson would write.

Yeah, a ton of revisionism regarding TFA. The initial reaction to it was mostly good, people were happy star wars is back, they knew that it wasn't completely original, but it was a good time and mostly everyone was happy.

The Last Jedi in the first 10 minutes shytted on TFA which caused people to look back negatively on TFA, but it wasn't like that when TFA came out at all

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Star Wars movies have post cum clarity. shouldn't be allowed to review it til a week later. i "liked" Rise of Skywalker as i was walking out. that movie is a bag of dogshyt smeared on a windshield. i've never left a SW movie not liking it... except Solo, which was meh from minute 1. I fukkin LOVED Attack of the Clones right after seeing it.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
so are we gonna get a mando season this year too?

or are they trying to say these last 3 episodes are all the mando we're getting til 2023?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yeah, a ton of revisionism regarding TFA. The initial reaction to it was mostly good, people were happy star wars is back, they knew that it wasn't completely original, but it was a good time and mostly everyone was happy.

The Last Jedi in the first 10 minutes shytted on TFA which caused people to look back negatively on TFA, but it wasn't like that when TFA came out at all

I've said this from the beginning, but the last jedi is what fukked up the entire sequel trilogy. rian johnson went so far off the rails, JJ abrams couldn't save it in episode 9.

that said, TFA still holds up just fine. it was a good movie IMO.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I'm just painting a picture of what it could be. As is, it's not something everyone cares about, but it could become something better if they took a chance, that's all

james gunn with suicide squad, logan, and deadpool have already showed u can take these franchises in a darker/grittier direction. I would check out a star wars that is ultra violent.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Just watched it. Man, there was potential to have Luke show up on the X-Wing to his home planet.
Also wish we got some reveal on how Boba’s helmet got the dent.
Thundercat with the outro, Vanth will probably stay behind while Boba leaves.

man that outcome would have been so :fire:

I didn't even know about vanth til I read this post. I shut the show down at the credits.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Call me crazy, but the whole Mando/Grogu dynamic is starting to get creepy. It seems like it was forced. He should've stayed with Luke.

And for people mad at what happened to Bane, they need to realize that Fett and Bane are :flabbynsick: this is the past not the future. And even more of a reason why they should've just did a Clone Wars/Republic live action series.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the character showed up in the Obi Wan series :manny:

I can also see why Kennedy and her people would be upset at the direction they are going with these Disney + shows. The movies, even though they were meh at best, were supposed to thrust the star wars brand forward and into the future. These Disney + shows are all in the past. When the next Star Wars movie drops, none of these characters will be in it except for maybe Grogu. Maybe the shows will setup up younger characters that will be the future of Star Wars.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Call me crazy, but the whole Mando/Grogu dynamic is starting to get creepy. It seems like it was forced. He should've stayed with Luke.

And for people mad at what happened to Bane, they need to realize that Fett and Bane are :flabbynsick: this is the past not the future. And even more of a reason why they should've just did a Clone Wars/Republic live action series.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the character showed up in the Obi Wan series :manny:

I can also see why Kennedy and her people would be upset at the direction they are going with these Disney + shows. The movies, even though they were meh at best, were supposed to thrust the star wars brand forward and into the future. These Disney + shows are all in the past. When the next Star Wars movie drops, none of these characters will be in it except for maybe Grogu. Maybe the shows will setup up younger characters that will be the future of Star Wars.

fukk kennedy.

These shows are fixing her mistakes

The next star wars movie will likely be high republic anyway, and they threw yoda in there for fanservice so I don't really understand that point of view, if she had a problem with this then she should have a problem with high republic too

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
fukk kennedy.

These shows are fixing her mistakes

The next star wars movie will likely be high republic anyway, and they threw yoda in there for fanservice so I don't really understand that point of view, if she had a problem with this then she should have a problem with high republic too

ALL of these shows and movies have been nothing but fan service. And these shows didn't really fix the mistakes of the movies, because they all take place in the past. If you're referring to pace, writing etc, that doesn't make up for the movies because it doesn't undo what happened.

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
I really liked this series overall. I understand the setup was necessary in order for Mando to help him in the end. Mando was sure he wasn't ever going to see Grogu again so he was ready to go out. I'm guessing Boba won't be in the galaxy any time soon now that he's running Tatooine so we may not get another season. It was a nice setup for Season 3 of The Mandalorian, but I have no idea where that series will go since Moff Gideon is locked up somewhere. Maybe we'll see more Jedi.