Official The Book of Boba Fett Thread

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm inclined to believe you but even in the face of all the flaws the fan service is what keeps nikkas

I heard a review podcaster who hates this show but said he felt like a kid again seeing Luke and Ahsoka standing together and THAT right there is Star Wars biggest issue. Fan service its what keeps it all afloat through thick and thin

Disney is at a point now where being good or bad is inconsequential. They're fine giving you just enough to keep you coming back

That's why I'm heavily considering hopping off the Star Wars train now because I don't see it changing anytime soon. This last episode and it's implications made Star Wars a lot less interesting overall to me. I don't care what happens next

Mandalorian was an anamoly. Nikkas been finessed

Fan service can be a crutch.

Speaking of the last three movies If you gotta bring back the Skywalkers, Han, Chewie, R2D2, etc it's because your writers haven't come up with anything great and you're letting the business compromise the art. Come up with something new or interesting or sit back until you do.

Mando actually has a great mix of new and old. There's effort behind it but they clearly got lazy with Boba. Can't let there be a big gap between shows and lose subscriptions so we got this uneven mess.

Take away the RR episodes and I'm enjoying this but the Star Wars property needs some quality control.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:WHAT A TERRIBLE COMPARISON.

CAPTAIN AMERICA
WASNT MISSING
DURING THE THIRD ACT OF HIS MOVIE.

:devil:
:evil:

It was two episodes. I mean how is that any different from the episode of Kingpin's back story in Daredevil or any other series where the focus is on one character and not the main? Considering all of it is STAR WARS... y'all whine way too much over them setting up season 3.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was two episodes. I mean how is that any different from the episode of Kingpin's back story in Daredevil or any other series where the focus is on one character and not the main? Considering all of it is STAR WARS... y'all whine way too much over them setting up season 3.
Naaaaaaah breh:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

An episode of Kingpin's backstory works because Kingpin is a central character. He's the fukkin antagonist:mjlol:

A show named BOOK OF BOBA FETT while missing BOBA FETT for two episodes out of seven is an unprecedented level of disrespect and disregard for a character. I ain't NEVER seen some shyt like this before:mjlol:

These past two Mandalorian episodes have no bearing on the admittedly weak plot of Boba

What does a long ass baby Yoda training montage/toy commercial have to do with the spice conflict on Tattoine?

This was a sloppy attempt at MCU world building

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Speaking of the last three movies If you gotta bring back the Skywalkers, Han, Chewie, R2D2, etc it's because your writers haven't come up with anything great and you're letting the business compromise the art. Come up with something new or interesting or sit back until you do.

Mando actually has a great mix of new and old. There's effort behind it but they clearly got lazy with Boba. Can't let there be a big gap between shows and lose subscriptions so we got this uneven mess.

Take away the RR episodes and I'm enjoying this but the Star Wars property needs some quality control.
It's clearly a crutch for Star Wars

My point is Disney has no real incentive to improve if they know nikkas gonna come back regardless. That's why the show is packed with characters that were the shyt in their respective mediums, but are merely statues and scenery in these scenes

Star Wars fans share blame in this mess

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How are Grogu and Mando fan service? They are new characters... :jbhmm:
Lord:dead:

Do you know how much merch Grogu moves????? Grogu was literally engineered to be fan service

A baby Yoda my nikka??? Come on y'all:mjlol:

Characters don't have to be 30 years old to be fan service. They just have to resonate in their initial medium

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nah, I think that pushes some folk to the dark side even more when you have to choose and secretly have wants and desires. For all the Jedi’s talk of balance, there should be balance in the lessons of the force,both Light and Dark .

Nothing wrong with choosing attachments if that's what you want :manny: you just can't be a Jedi

The thing is Jedi are supposed to put the needs of the many over the needs of the few. You get too attached to one person and you can end up putting them over the wellbeing of the galaxy which is what happened with Anakin.

Nothing wrong with Anakin getting married and having a kid if that's what he wanted, but he should've just manned up and left the Jedi instead of trying to keep it a secret. That's not the Jedi's fault, he knew the rules when he signed up.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

Star Wars sells on those visuals is the problem.

Even Lucas couldn’t replicate it with the prequels (Darth Maul exception). Vader’s mask. Sith robes. Millennium Falcon and Tie Fighters. Storm Troopers in all variations.Those sell merchandise that Anakin and Padme couldn’t. Rey, Keylo, and Jyn Erso couldn’t either.

Mandalorian has run on the shoulders of Boba and Yoda but it’s still hasn’t been able to truly become its own.

Star Wars is a victim of its own success.

Disney has an opportunity with Grogu to jump far into the future and go bare minimum with Jedi and light sabers and build brand new but I doubt they will take it.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Lord:dead:

Do you know how much merch Grogu moves????? Grogu was literally engineered to be fan service

A baby Yoda my nikka??? Come on y'all:mjlol:

Characters don't have to be 30 years old to be fan service. They just have to resonate in their initial medium

Grogu wasn't a huge hit just because they said so.. Everyone loves Grogu. Why wouldn't there be more Grogu? He's an interesting character...

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Grogu wasn't a huge hit just because they said so.. Everyone loves Grogu. Why wouldn't there be more Grogu? He's an interesting character...
I didn't say I mind Grogu but I know what he is and that he was engineered to sell toys and invoke Yoda emotions

I can't believe nikkas fine with this show being hijacked like this:russ:

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Nothing wrong with choosing attachments if that's what you want :manny: you just can't be a Jedi

The thing is Jedi are supposed to put the needs of the many over the needs of the few. You get too attached to one person and you can end up putting them over the wellbeing of the galaxy which is what happened with Anakin.

Nothing wrong with Anakin getting married and having a kid if that's what he wanted, but he should've just manned up and left the Jedi instead of trying to keep it a secret. That's not the Jedi's fault, he knew the rules when he signed up.
Yea, the Jedi and it’s ideology need to be bushed then :camby:. That’s the only thing I agreed on from the Last Jedi. If they did it right, Luke would have founded a new organization . The Jedi in itself was never supposed to be a political organization or Generals (based on legends) . They had a good run though .

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jedi's are the equivalent monks, I highly double grogu want that life,,,\

Look at this,,, this mayne was having fun with mando,,,lol
a0c2a86eb033471b75fd8f74f117b47ee20bfc17.gifv

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
After this unprecedented disrespect of the last two episodes of a nikkas show being fan service and a toy commercial I'm about to gone head and move on from Star Wars:mjlol:

I might watch Mandalorian season 3 but past that I don't care about none of this shyt anymore:mjlol:

Favreau/Filoni gave nikkas hope last year but this shyt here is a mess:mjlol:

Star Wars:francis::hubie::russell::camby:
For somebody that doesn’t care, you’re spending a lot of energy trying to get nikkas to feel the “same” way you do :mjlol:

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Because neither Luke or Ahsoka wants Grogu to become another Anakin Skywalker ass nikka :gucci: he tried to have it both ways and we know how that went

Imagine he has a dream about Mando dying or something and then Palpatine/Snoke/whoever says he can save him by turning to the darkside

The Jedi would've saved themselves and the galaxy a lot of trouble if they sat Anakin down early on and made him choose between the Jedi and Padme.

Nah that's actually where the Jedi messed up by having Anakin completely cut ties with his mother and then ignoring his concerns when Anakin started having visions of his mother being tormented to death. Luke of all people should know how wrong this approach is considering the fact that he had to make a similar decision between his training with Yoda and rescuing his sister and friends from cloud city. He chose his family and friends which helped him in the end. He's being hypocritical with grogu a little bit but I'm cutting him some slack because unlike his grandmother and his homies on cloud city, Mando isn't in any danger at the moment