Official The Book of Boba Fett Thread

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nah that's actually where the Jedi messed up by having Anakin completely cut ties with his mother and then ignoring his concerns when Anakin started having visions of his mother being tormented to death. Luke of all people should know how wrong this approach is considering the fact that he had to make a similar decision between his training with Yoda and rescuing his sister and friends from cloud city. He chose his family and friends which helped him in the end. He's being hypocritical with grogu a little bit but I'm cutting him some slack because unlike his grandmother and his homies on cloud city, Mando isn't in any danger at the moment

While the Jedi should've let Anakin save his mother, that wasn't the main place they messed up. Their main fukk up was training Anakin in the first place.

Anakin was never mentally built for the Jedi life the first place. He's powerful but outside of that he was always a terrible Jedi. Yoda and Mace were right from the jump and shouldn't have allowed him to be trained.

Even if the Jedi let Anakin save his mom he most likely still would've turned to the dark side eventually. He's more concerned about Padme/Shmi than the galaxy and Palpatine could always use that to manipulate him.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For somebody that doesn’t care, you’re spending a lot of energy trying to get nikkas to feel the “same” way you do :mjlol:
I said I don't care anymore. I was excited for future projects, especially Ahsoka, until this last episode

I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything but this has been a revealing moment to see nikkas ignore the hate they had for a bad show because nikkas threw cheap fan service at you. This has been the biggest issue with Star Wars and I'm realizing it just is what it is:manny:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
While the Jedi should've let Anakin save his mother, that wasn't the main place they messed up. Their main fukk up was training Anakin in the first place.

Anakin was never mentally built for the Jedi life the first place. He's powerful but outside of that he was always a terrible Jedi. Yoda and Mace were right from the jump and shouldn't have allowed him to be trained.

Even if the Jedi let Anakin save his mom he most likely still would've turned to the dark side eventually. He's more concerned about Padme/Shmi than the galaxy and Palpatine could always use that to manipulate him.
Problem is Sideous would've gotten to him far earlier :francis:A prime young Anakin would've been Vader as far as evil no fukks given by time he gets to Clone Wars. Order 66 era Vader would've possibly ended Obi at minimum :ufdup:Him and Mace would've absolutely squared off:whew:

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Yoda and Mace were right from the jump and shouldn't have allowed him to be trained.
Yoda and Mace weren't the wisest when it came to foretelling future events. Anakin is the chosen one who in the end brought balance back to the force by saving his son from Palpatine.

Qui Gon tried to put Yoda on game who the real enemy was but Yoda failed to interpret the vision correctly. Yoda, Mace and Obi Wan weren't fit to be Anakins teachers like Qui Gon was.

With that being said after watching the scene again. Luke is trying to give Grogu the choice Anakin never got to make. Grogu up until this episode has been doing what everyone else thinks is best for him.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naaaaaaah breh:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

An episode of Kingpin's backstory works because Kingpin is a central character. He's the fukkin antagonist:mjlol:

A show named BOOK OF BOBA FETT while missing BOBA FETT for two episodes out of seven is an unprecedented level of disrespect and disregard for a character. I ain't NEVER seen some shyt like this before:mjlol:

These past two Mandalorian episodes have no bearing on the admittedly weak plot of Boba

What does a long ass baby Yoda training montage/toy commercial have to do with the spice conflict on Tattoine?

This was a sloppy attempt at MCU world building

Again, it is STAR WARS... IT'S ALL CONNECTED regardless of who's the primary character is. You're complaining about TWO episodes of which explains what the Mandalorian and Grogu been up to during the time where beef between the Pikes and Boba Fett was doing doesn't merit a complaint, ESPECIALLY being that the Boba Fett series is a direct spin-off from the Mandalorian. There has to be justification as to how the Mandalorian come onto this series as well as a Segway in setting up season 3 for Mandalorian. And what does the MCU got anything to do with it?

Just say you're a novice on Star Wars, specifically the Filoni-verse and what's he's setting up and everyone involved and how it's all interconnected.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I somewhat agree they went against their standard of grooming Padawans at their toddler stage. They even said at the beginning that Anakin was "too old" and he was just 10 at the time. That said, they kept him because they believed that he was the one to fulfill the prophecy in their eyes. And for the most part Anakin tried to abide by the Jedi way, but the Jedi council were full of uncaring hypocrites. And the first to put that on blast was Ahsoka when the council without a fair trial tried to oust Ahsoka out, then wanted to bring her back in like "my bad". Ever since then, Anakin didn't fully trust the Jedi council and it made being manipulated by Palpatine easier. Anakin was more COMFORTABLE to express things with Palpatine than with the council because the council will give him that bullshyt of needing to detach his feelings and so on. It's not like Anakin was the ONLY one that left the Council. Count Dooku left for the same reasons too. It's just that Anakin being that powerful but every where he turned, the council kept treating him like a 2nd classed Jedi.... what would anyone expect.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yoda and Mace weren't the wisest when it came to foretelling future events. Anakin is the chosen one who in the end brought balance back to the force by saving his son from Palpatine.

Qui Gon tried to put Yoda on game who the real enemy was but Yoda failed to interpret the vision correctly. Yoda, Mace and Obi Wan weren't fit to be Anakins teachers like Qui Gon was.

With that being said after watching the scene again. Luke is trying to give Grogu the choice Anakin never got to make. Grogu up until this episode has been doing what everyone else thinks is best for him.

Check this video out.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
273046463_693672191998514_7878411966704361509_n.jpg

I'm going to hell for laughing at this. :mjlol:

yourgod

Pro
Daps
I’m low key glad I’m not super into the Star Wars lore like some of y’all, I probably wouldn’t be enjoying the show either. But I ain’t and I’ve liked most of the episodes, These last two with mando been fire. Got that lone wolf and cub energy when Luke told gro he gotta choose between that saber or the armor.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I'm inclined to believe you but even in the face of all the flaws the fan service is what keeps nikkas

I heard a review podcaster who hates this show but said he felt like a kid again seeing Luke and Ahsoka standing together and THAT right there is Star Wars biggest issue. Fan service its what keeps it all afloat through thick and thin

Disney is at a point now where being good or bad is inconsequential. They're fine giving you just enough to keep you coming back

That's why I'm heavily considering hopping off the Star Wars train now because I don't see it changing anytime soon. This last episode and it's implications made Star Wars a lot less interesting overall to me. I don't care what happens next

Mandalorian was an anamoly. Nikkas been finessed

I actually do agree with you a bit on that, this last episode was a "press in case of emergency" episode.

That being said, a part of me feels like there's not enough evidence yet that it'll stay this way, this is only the 2nd Favreau project we've seen so far in live action Disney+, so before I bow out I'm willing to give them more chances.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Nothing wrong with choosing attachments if that's what you want :manny: you just can't be a Jedi

The thing is Jedi are supposed to put the needs of the many over the needs of the few. You get too attached to one person and you can end up putting them over the wellbeing of the galaxy which is what happened with Anakin.

Nothing wrong with Anakin getting married and having a kid if that's what he wanted, but he should've just manned up and left the Jedi instead of trying to keep it a secret. That's not the Jedi's fault, he knew the rules when he signed up.

The entire Star Wars saga exists to show that this was the wrong way to proceed with the Jedi teachings. The Jedi being neutered monks/nuns will cause them to fall, without fail. That was literally the point. And you missed it.:mjlol:

Yea, the Jedi and it’s ideology need to be bushed then :camby:. That’s the only thing I agreed on from the Last Jedi. If they did it right, Luke would have founded a new organization . The Jedi in itself was never supposed to be a political organization or Generals (based on legends) . They had a good run though .

Facts, pretty much all Star Wars media if you are paying attention is just showing the flaws of the Jedi ideology, and how it creates it's own enemies by not allowing it's participants to be human. I won't spoil The High Republic but so far the entire saga has been about that, in a nutshell.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The entire Star Wars saga exists to show that this was the wrong way to proceed with the Jedi teachings. The Jedi being neutered monks/nuns will cause them to fall, without fail. That was literally the point. And you missed it.:mjlol:

Facts, pretty much all Star Wars media if you are paying attention is just showing the flaws of the Jedi ideology, and how it creates it's own enemies by not allowing it's participants to be human. I won't spoil The High Republic but so far the entire saga has been about that, in a nutshell.
I don't think was trying to prevent grogu from having attachments. He said earlier that he felt Grogu heart wasn't in it. So i think the choices was really which path do you want to take? That of a jedi or Mandolorian? The saber vs chainmail was more symbolic of those two paths. Attachment is one thing, but you still have to be fully committed.

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I don't think was trying to prevent grogu from having attachments. He said earlier that he felt Grogu heart wasn't in it. So i think the choices was really which path do you want to take? That of a jedi or Mandolorian. The saber vs chainmail was more symbolic of those two paths. Attachment is one thing, but you still have to be fully committed.

I think it's a bit of both though.

The only reason most Jedi became Jedi was because they were forced to at a young age anyway, if they are force sensitive but have no training they become a danger to themselves and others. It wasn't because they wanted to become Jedi, really.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

No, George Lucas didn't create Star Wars just to bash the Jedi, that's just something people like to do on the Internet. Despite their flaws the Jedi are still supposed to be the good guys.

The problem with the Jedi was that they got too involved with politics and doing what the Republic wanted instead of following the force. But as far as attachments go they were mostly right.

I think it's a bit of both though.

The only reason most Jedi became Jedi was because they were forced to at a young age anyway, if they are force sensitive but have no training they become a danger to themselves and others. It wasn't because they wanted to become Jedi, really.

The Jedi don't really force people to become Jedi, that's kind of a misconception.

Yes, they recruit little kids at a young age, but they're only allowed to do it with the parents permission, it's not like they're snatching up kids without asking. And people can leave if they want, the Jedi aren't forcing people to stay.