Official The Book of Boba Fett Thread

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
How this episode prove wrong when it CREATED a plot hole? It did not explain anything about how or why Yoda still had a light saber. It totally ignored what was OFFICIALLY canon. You are only SPECULATING, because you don't want it to be a plot hole. But it is a PLOT HOLE.
Guarantee if you ask the showrunners, they are not going to come up with an explanation anymore complicated than "he built new while in exile."

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
exactly my point, it held sentimental value to him.
telling Grogu that he can't have the Beskar T and be a Jedi is hypocrisy.
Grogu should Force choke Luke.
Despite the sequel trilogy corny joke scene. Luke wouldn't just toss away a perfectly good lightsaber for no reason, even if it held no attachment.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
1. Yoda was not ever anti-lightsaber. Both him and Obi-Wan train Luke to use it. The cave scene wasn't about Luke not fighting, it was about Luke going in there wanting revenge. That's why Vader showed up and Luke fantasized about killing him. Yoda never tells him he shouldn't have a lightsaber, he only tells him not to bring it with him into the cave.

So with that said, it's perfectly plausible that Yoda would have constructed a new one. He stays alive specifically to help Jedi and one day train the children of Anakin, why wouldn't he make one to protect himself or train Jedi.

2. The Disney canon absolutely has The Emperor burning Yoda's lightsaber in a mass event for everybody to watch.

So the only canonical explanation can be that Yoda made a new one. It's not against his character at all. In fact, him and Obi-Wan both thought that Luke would have to kill Vader and the Emperor. Obi-Wan even thought that Luke was the chosen one (revealed in REBELS), Yoda might have thought the same.

"Misread, the prophecy could have been"
"Vader, you must confront Vader.... Do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor"

"I cannot kill my father"
"...Then the Emperor has already won, you were our last hope"

= they think Luke has to kill them, and were not counting on Anakin returning to fulfill the prophecy.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
First of all...

:pachaha::pachaha::pachaha:

Second, it's clear what the game plan is: fill in the gap(s) between RotJ and The Force Awakens with content, slowly getting rid of/eclipsing classic characters so Disney can have free rein to shape the new ones. The very last thing they want is to be constrained in whatever spoon-feeding they want to do by zealot fans. So...more disrespect incoming. Guaranteed. Sidelining the Fett is his own damn show :gucci:

Third: I don't care how they go about it, there's no way in any galaxy they're going to make the Disney Trilogy make any kind of sense. GTFOHWTBS.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Took me forever to catch up because the Bobba episodes were mediocre as fukk. Heard the 5th episode was dope and they were right :wow:

Then we get this 6th one and I'm :wow: again.

Never cared about Bobba so I don't give a flying fukk about Disney+ treating him like Vince treated WCW wrestlers after he bought the company :camby:

I'm late on this but it's not that unique. Favreau already did it with that backdoor pilot for the Ahsoka series in the middle of a Mando season :yeshrug:

This time it was even more blatant but using a show to give other characters the shine has been something they've done before. Could make a case about Filoni doing on the animated shows too.

Going back to these backdoor pilots or season previews, tt really feels like they are gonna to give us a Jedi Academy show eventually. They might spend 2 or 3 episode of the Ahsoka show setting it up :lolbron: :feedme:
But at least the Jedi ball was rolling down the hill from the jump of season 2 of Mando so it made sense for her to show up.

The first three episodes of Boba look like an entirely different show from the last two episodes. Like you were getting your butt kicked playing a level of a game then your friend takes over and eases through.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
But at least the Jedi ball was rolling down the hill from the jump of season 2 of Mando so it made sense for her to show up.

The first three episodes of Boba look like an entirely different show from the last two episodes. Like you were getting your butt kicked playing a level of a game then your friend takes over and eases through.

I see them as the same thing being executed differently. Main reason being because they see Din Djarin as their top asset. Bobba wasn't made to look bad in Mando season 2 because that's the show they actually care about :pachaha:

They probably made this Bobba Fett show because they couldn't get Pascal for enough time to shoot Mando season 3 in time (and that's gonna continue to be an issue considering he's Joel in TLOU show). So they filled the void with his Bobba story and then used the little time they had with Pascal to promote the show they want to promote: Mando season 3.

I'm not mad at it, fukk Bobba Fett :yeshrug: