Official The Book of Boba Fett Thread

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
:mjlol:@ Krrsantan posted up in the club like

Hells-Club2.jpg

just hating.

I was thinking about the mod gang and realised that they might be one of the only examples of youth culture in the mainline Star Wars flicks. I think that's why they stand out so much.

Damn near everyone in the OG flicks who was young was either a Jedi or Jedi adjacent. I mean - if you think about it -- Luke was a hick, who spent his spare time shooting womp rats when he wasn't
moisture farming. Then he went straight to the frontlines of a galactic war.
Rey was collecting scrap, when we first meet her and - let's be real - she's :hhh:as a person.
Finn was a stormtrooper, so I guess he was at least around his peer group:ld:

Ben Solo joined a gang, changed his name and stabbed his pops. :picard:

Anakin - indentured servitude to jedi training to falling in love to #1 Sith Draft Pick

I'm not surprised that kids stuck on Tattooine get mods and ride scooters. There's shyt all else to do.

If you can't move shyt with your mind or kill anything that moves, your life options in the Star Wars Universe are limited.:yeshrug:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
This show is legitimately a joke.
I dont even know what audience theyre trying to attract other than die-hards who will like/defend whatever

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I personally don’t get the complaints about boba character.

1) it’s not like we had a library of material from the past to go off in the first place so to say “this isn’t boba” it’s like okay your basing that off what exactly

2) he had a near death experience and was taken in and changed by an entirely different culture to the point he’s walking around in their clothes and using their weapons. Why in the fukk would he still be the same person?

now I can get the other complaints about the emo teenagers, laughably bad chase scene, etc but I think there are pretty good reasons to explain why boba is “different”

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
1) it’s not like we had a library of material from the past to go off in the first place so to say “this isn’t boba” it’s like okay your basing that off what exactly
We're basing that off...the library of material from the past :mjlol:

From the initial stuff they gave him after his popularity boom during the original trilogy, the legends stuff, the 2nd trilogy material, and everything in between

You even have the actor himself saying 'this aint me'

Mark Hamill is the same way. You think the Luke we saw during the last trilogy was written correctly? He was able to see good in Vader of all people...yet Kylo was a lost cause :stopitslime:

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
There is obviously a rift between casual and more hardcore fans with how Boba is portrayed in this but im siding with the long term fans on this one.

its clear as day that Boba is being disney-fied into a more like-able antihero instead of the ruthless bounty hunter as his original origin. Boba in the Mandolarian and now in this show are two different people entirely. Plus the horrid power ranger car chase, and disjointed plot so far makes this show feel unnecessary.

The thing is, if they really wanted to the audience to feel he was the good guy, they couldnt made his enemies more ruthless. Nerfing him wasnt necessary. it seems he spends more time walking around than fighting.

I was expecting more of a Marlo Stanfield type of Boba in this. Cold, calculating and not of many words. Theres still 2 eps left so we will see though

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The last episode was the best. This show is lackluster. That Vespa crew made me skip the rest of that episode.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
We're basing that off...the library of material from the past :mjlol:

From the initial stuff they gave him after his popularity boom during the original trilogy, the legends stuff, the 2nd trilogy material, and everything in between

You even have the actor himself saying 'this aint me'

Mark Hamill is the same way. You think the Luke we saw during the last trilogy was written correctly? He was able to see good in Vader of all people...yet Kylo was a lost cause :stopitslime:
So even if so you completely ignored my second point.

why should he be the same if he just had two life altering events. That makes no sense fictionally or in reality. If you want the old boba buy the old album

obviously they not bout to have him slittin throats on Disney. That’s on y’all once again for expecting nc17 shyt from Disney

y’all hell bent on getting a character y’all admit y’all loved because he was “mysterious” and we knew nothing about, now all of a sudden nikkas got fett PhDs

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX

why should he be the same if he just had two life altering events. That makes no sense fictionally or in reality. If you want the old boba buy the old album

obviously they not bout to have him slittin throats on Disney. That’s on y’all once again for expecting nc17 shyt from Disney

y’all hell bent on getting a character y’all admit y’all loved because he was “mysterious” and we knew nothing about, now all of a sudden nikkas got fett PhDs
And you completely ignored mine so fair is fair

I already mentioned earlier in this thread that they took part of Boba's characterization & gave it to Mando. So i surmised that maybe they wanted to go in a different direction to not have similar characters. It is what it is

There's a reason why this character was resurrected from the dead. He has a huge fanbase. Even Lucas was surprised at that. Which is why there's a Mandalorian type character in almost every Star Wars story....whether it's film, tv, books or games

It was his look, actions & motivations. Fennec is more Boba now

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South

1. When dealing with characters with established backstories and history, changing the way they act will always draw backlash.

2. Boba is reintroduced in The Mandolorian and for the most part is characterized perfectly. And this is after the two life changing events. Theres no reason for the speeder bike crew to talk that much shyt to him and stay unharmed.

3. No one is asking for throat slitting but you cant tell me hes out of character. He should be more like Mando when it comes to dealing with people and violence. Mando is more like Boba who is ironically based off of him.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
1. When dealing with characters with established backstories and history, changing the way they act will always draw backlash.

2. Boba is reintroduced in The Mandolorian and for the most part is characterized perfectly. And this is after the two life changing events. Theres no reason for the speeder bike crew to talk that much shyt to him and stay unharmed.

3. No one is asking for throat slitting but you cant tell me hes out of character. He should be more like Mando when it comes to dealing with people and violence. Mando is more like Boba who is ironically based off of him.
Saying this, i thought it was weird that Boba agreed to help Mando find the child just for returning his armor. They were dropping hints on the direction he was going even back then.