Official The Batman Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I think Zack had/has it in him to potentially deliver a great Batman movie, WB did the right thing in firing him though midway in Justice League after the huge failures he was involved in.

I just want to see Batman on a movie akin to the the animated series. Showing of his detective skills and martial arts.

I feel like Tim Burton's designer is the cause for terrible fight scenes in Batman movies since every director wants to go with a rubber suit which limits movement.

Just cast a athletically built dude who doesn't need to rely on costumes with built in abs to make him look in shape and give him the classic comic book costume with fight scenes from the raid and ong bak.

shyt... Maybe I'm asking for too much.
WB in no way did the right thing. If he was going to be fired it should have been before justice league even started filming. Firing him after it’s already filmed,and then bringing in a director with a polar opposite style to cobble together a Frankenstein film was the exact worse thing WB could have done. The film didn’t please the people that liked his films, and didn’t please the people that hate his films. You couldn’t have handled justice league/snyder worse than WB did.

Literally the only discussion still happening about that film is people wanting to see his version.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
WB in no way did the right thing. If he was going to be fired it should have been before justice league even started filming. Firing him after it’s already filmed,and then bringing in a director with a polar opposite style to cobble together a Frankenstein film was the exact worse thing WB could have done. The film didn’t please the people that liked his films, and didn’t please the people that hate his films. You couldn’t have handled justice league/snyder worse than WB did.

Literally the only discussion still happening about that film is people wanting to see his version.
You're right breh, I didn't like what he did with the DC universe, he was given the keys and he choked like no other, his casting was way of and the stories he decided to adapt so early in the universe and etc...

But with that said WB should have been committed to his vision after green lighting JL and the moment I figured out he was fired and this was before the saving face about leaving due to personal issues I lost all interest in the movie, I know his cut which was changed significantly would have fared much better at the box office.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're right breh, I didn't like what he did with the DC universe, he was given the keys and he choked like no other, his casting was way of and the stories he decided to adapt so early in the universe and etc...

But with that said WB should have been committed to his vision after green lighting JL and the moment I figured out he was fired and this was before the saving face about leaving due to personal issues I lost all interest in the movie, I know his cut which was changed significantly would have fared much better at the box office.
His casting has been great , outside of complaints about lex who really been complaining about casting ?he did a great job

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

They didn't fire Snyder because they didn't want more bad PR after BvS shyt the bed. They were supposed to film JL 1 & 2 in close proximity both directed by Snyder but they split the baby and instead let him do JL1 and make it a wait and see for 2.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
His casting has been great , outside of complaints about lex who really been complaining about casting ?he did a great job
No his casting has been nothing short of terrible with the exception of Gal Gadot and one of the reasons why WB has decided to pretend like the prior movies didn't happen.

He cast an old flabby and sick Batman to go against a young Superman and essentially killing of the franchise before it took of.

Lex Luthor that annoying bird chested... Irrespective of his build WTH was that about? Who was he portraying, a train wreck.

Jason Mamoa as Aquabro yeah corny as hell, yelling dude bro one liners through out the movie. Just your basic generic guy who fits a certain profile, a number builder. Brings nothing to the table.

The Flash another huge character for DC with immense potential, Ezra Miller who has literally nothing going on for him and played the character like he was "special'
The running motion?

Another character WB has decided to put on the bench.

Cyborg he's long forgotten and doubt he will feature again in the DC universe.

There was nothing great about Zack Snyder's direction or his casting decisions.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No his casting has been nothing short of terrible with the exception of Gal Gadot and one of the reasons why WB has decided to pretend like the prior movies didn't happen.

He cast an old flabby and sick Batman to go against a young Superman and essentially killing of the franchise before it took of.

Lex Luthor that annoying bird chested... Irrespective of his build WTH was that about? Who was he portraying, a train wreck.

Jason Mamoa as Aquabro yeah corny as hell, yelling dude bro one liners through out the movie. Just your basic generic guy who fits a certain profile, a number builder. Brings nothing to the table.

The Flash another huge character for DC with immense potential, Ezra Miller who has literally nothing going on for him and played the character like he was "special'
The running motion?

Another character WB has decided to put on the bench.

Cyborg he's long forgotten and doubt he will feature again in the DC universe.

There was nothing great about Zack Snyder's direction or his casting decisions.
So your saying because YOU don’t like the casting it’s bad ? They are doing a flash movie do some google research and aquabro as well :mjlit: the only issue with ben affleck is he had a bunch of personal shyt happen since he was cast making it his choice to want to leave

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Don't feel like upping the BvS thread o I'll post this here:
Zack Snyder Has Clarified What His Robin Plans Were For Batman V Superman

Snyder wanted kill Richard Grayson off camera. :mjlol: Why?! :dwillhuh:
The answer is that Snyder has a serious boner for The Dark Knight so he was going to use elements from that version of Batman to be the Batman of the DC movie universe he was building. Which meant a dead dikk Grayson and the introduction of Carrie Kelly down the road as Batman's new sidekick.

As much of a fan of Snyder as a director that i am, dude should never be given carte blanche the way he was by WB. Snyder needs someone around to bring structure to his ideas in terms of scripts and there should have been someone from DC to also be there to put the brakes on him when it comes to ideas of how to use these characters.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
Djnvcm0XcAETmBN

Djnvf3qXcAE9fVX

:batswow: Looking like 2020

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
The answer is that Snyder has a serious boner for The Dark Knight so he was going to use elements from that version of Batman to be the Batman of the DC movie universe he was building. Which meant a dead dikk Grayson and the introduction of Carrie Kelly down the road as Batman's new sidekick.

As much of a fan of Snyder as a director that i am, dude should never be given carte blanche the way he was by WB. Snyder needs someone around to bring structure to his ideas in terms of scripts and there should have been someone from DC to also be there to put the brakes on him when it comes to ideas of how to use these characters.
What's fukked up about it was that Jason Todd was the dead Robin in The Dark Knight Returns so why the fukk did he want to kill off dikk Grayson?! :why: