Official The Batman Thread

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's fairly clear now with Ben's personal issues coming to light even more so now than before, he isn't going to be carrying on as Batman, maybe an old bitter Bruce Wayne in a Batman Beyond movie but if their looking to redo Batman than he is for sure a no go.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alec Baldwin is Thomas Wayne in the Joker Movie

Alec Baldwin is Thomas Wayne in the Joker Movie

With the Joker origin movie slated to begin filming in less than a month, another high profile performer has signed on. Alec Baldwin is reportedly set to portray Thomas Wayne, the father of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Baldwin’s incarnation of Thomas Wayne will depart from his traditional depiction as a philanthropist. Instead, Joker’s Thomas Wayne is being envisioned as ” a cheesy and tanned businessman who is more in the mold of a 1980s Donald Trump.” Considering that Baldwin has portrayed Trump many times for Saturday Night Live, that may be inspired casting.

Baldwin portrayed the classic pulp hero, The Shadow, back in the ’90s,. Now, Baldwin is best known for his stint on 30 Rock, The Departed, and the two most recent Mission: Impossible movies. If Thomas Wayne is in the movie, it seems likely that both Martha and Bruce Wayne will also appear.

:dwillhuh:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Are Ben Affleck's 'Batman' Days Over? Insurance Costs May Cut Him Out of Role, Experts Say

Ben Affleck’s future playing Batman on the big screen may be over — in part because the cost of insuring him may have gotten too steep, multiple industry insiders told TheWrap.

The actor, a recovering alcoholic who checked himself into rehab last week for the third time in the last two decades and the second time in just over a year, may have priced himself out of a pricey tentpole studio movie like Warner Bros.’ upcoming “The Batman.”

“More than likely the studio will replace him because the insurance costs are going to go through the roof,” a representative for a completion bond company told TheWrap.

“He would be bondable, but the deductible would be really high, probably the budget of the film,” an attorney who specializes in insurance and bond products added.

The bond company insider said insurers might only demand half of the film’s budget set aside in escrow as a deductible — which could still add up for Warner Bros. since the production budget on Affleck’s 2017 Batman appearance, “Justice League,” was around $300 million.

If a “Justice League” sequel moved forward at that price with Affleck attached, the insider said, the deductible could drive the budget up to $450 million — before marketing expenses.

The studio and Affleck’s reps declined to comment for this story, but TheWrap previously reported that “The Batman” director Matt Reeves is already exploring the idea of casting a younger actor as the Caped Crusader in the upcoming standalone film.

Affleck would not be the first star to face issues getting bonded — a requirement of 99 percent of studio films, in which insurers provide monetary payouts in the event of unforeseen problems involving the director or top stars that result in the suspension or cancellation of production.

Robert Downey Jr. faced similar issues in the late ’90s and early 2000sdue to his past substance abuse and legal issues. Mark Burg, the producer of the 1998 Robert Altman indie “The Gingerbread Man,” told the L.A. Times that the insurance premium for Downey would have cost the production $1 million on a film with a budget of less than $30 million.

“I could not afford to hire Robert Downey Jr. if I had to pay that exorbitant premium, so I basically just gambled, took a shot,” Burg said, noting that he shot the film without insurance.

On Downey’s 2003 film, “Gothika,” producer Joel Silver held onto 40 percent of the actor’s salary as insurance, according to the N.Y. Times. And Mel Gibson paid Downey’s insurance bond himself so the future “Iron Man” star could appear in his 2003 film “The Singing Detective,” according to Entertainment Weekly.

Insiders suggested that Affleck may have to follow Downey’s example and pursue lower-budgeted indie films for a while before insurers will bet on him for major studio releases at a reasonable rate.

“A track record of completing projects without incident, that would likely show the underwriter that the risk has gone down and would likely lead to them lowering premiums and the cost of the bond on future projects,” the attorney said.

Affleck recently completed two films for Netflix without incident, J.C. Chandor’s “Triple Frontier” and Dee Rees’ “The Last Thing He Wanted.” Neither of those films had higher insurance due to his past rehab stints, according to an individual with knowledge of Affleck’s situation.

But the risks increased with his latest trip to rehab — so soon after his last intervention. “Anytime you have an event that is going to change the risk, you would expect to have an increase in the premium,” the attorney said. “The greater the risk the greater the premium.”

Affleck’s return to a film set would also likely come with some pretty serious conditions. According to the bond company rep, the star would have to not only pass a medical exam but also take a daily drug test on set every day administered by a doctor or doctors chosen by the insurance company.

“Financiers and producers are going to want to see some evidence that his recent round of therapy was effective and that there are going to be some steps taken that he will be sober on his next project,” a top dealmaker in content financing told TheWrap.

“Maybe hiring a sober monitor?” the individual added. “Affleck will have to be on his game on his next project.”

One thing that Affleck does have in his favor is that Hollywood — and fans — love a comeback story.

“In the grand scheme, Affleck has a proven track record of critical and commercial success,” the attorney said. “I would expect that there will still be a market for him as an artist.”

:huhldup: if any of these is accurate.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
If Marvel had DCs properties they would have simply just cast Bale in BVS and kept the ball rolling and they wouldn't be going through this mess right now

Be DC brehs

Nolan didn't want any connection to his trilogy and Bale wouldn't do it without Nolan in the director's chair :manny:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Considering all the booze hounds and drug addicts in Hollywood I doubt that Affleck is some outlier as far as liability insurance.
Let's be real here, Robert Downey Jr was doing heroin and breaking into stranger's houses where he would pass out in their child's bed like he was Goldilocks. And he was able to work again insurance costs be damned.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
If Marvel had DCs properties they would have simply just cast Bale in BVS and kept the ball rolling and they wouldn't be going through this mess right now

Be DC brehs

get DC's dikk out your mouth you lower tiered bottom feeding fukk boi.. you prob the same degenerate waste of chromosome secretly crying at james gunn firing because you related to a talking backwood.

choke on a dikk and do a 360 spin on it you inflated mountain goat. p*ssy boi

keep typing behnid the screen in ya mamas basement like the whore you are while she's upstairs getting fukked by different nikkas for less than minimum wage so she can pay for you internet provider and you squander that by being a dikk sucker... she'll be disappointed by what a little bytch you turned out to be..

whore

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
get DC's dikk out your mouth you lower tiered bottom feeding fukk boi.. you prob the same degenerate waste of chromosome secretly crying at james gunn firing because you related to a talking backwood.

choke on a dikk and do a 360 spin on it you inflated mountain goat. p*ssy boi

keep typing behnid the screen in ya mamas basement like the whore you are while she's upstairs getting fukked by different nikkas for less than minimum wage so she can pay for you internet provider and you squander that by being a dikk sucker... she'll be disappointed by what a little bytch you turned out to be..

whore

:picard:

edit: Bruh dapped the post :russ:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Future ‘Batman’ Director Matt Reeves Says Jekyll and Hyde Is an Inspiration for His Planned Film
07nhAxq.jpg

IndieWire, at the Television Critics Association press tour, asked Reeves what he thought when it came to Batman’s identity — specifically, is the real person is Batman, or is the real person Bruce Wayne?

“Gosh, that’s a tough question,” he said. “I think that it’s interesting, because one of the things that I’ve found interesting, just as we’re working on the story, is looking back at Jekyll and Hyde, and the idea of your shadow-self, and the idea of, we are all multiple things. It’s different aspects of who we are, and I think there are times when maybe the surface of Bruce is not really who he is, but that’s his disguise. There are times when Batman’s the disguise, but there are times when his true essence comes out, because by being veiled, a kind of instinctual side comes out that’s very pure.”

He added, “It’s not an easy question to answer, in that I think that we are all made up of so many different aspects of ourselves that make the whole. I don’t know if you could ever reduce anyone to one part of what they express. That’s what’s fun about his character, is that there’s a very bright light that shines on his shadow side. The idea of all of that is incredibly exciting. It’s part of what makes it fun for me to work on.”

Full article: Future ‘Batman’ Director Matt Reeves Says Jekyll and Hyde Is an Inspiration for His Planned Film

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
That Instagram pic with Affleck and the producer/director guy made it look like he might not be gone?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Future ‘Batman’ Director Matt Reeves Says Jekyll and Hyde Is an Inspiration for His Planned Film
07nhAxq.jpg

IndieWire, at the Television Critics Association press tour, asked Reeves what he thought when it came to Batman’s identity — specifically, is the real person is Batman, or is the real person Bruce Wayne?

“Gosh, that’s a tough question,” he said. “I think that it’s interesting, because one of the things that I’ve found interesting, just as we’re working on the story, is looking back at Jekyll and Hyde, and the idea of your shadow-self, and the idea of, we are all multiple things. It’s different aspects of who we are, and I think there are times when maybe the surface of Bruce is not really who he is, but that’s his disguise. There are times when Batman’s the disguise, but there are times when his true essence comes out, because by being veiled, a kind of instinctual side comes out that’s very pure.”

He added, “It’s not an easy question to answer, in that I think that we are all made up of so many different aspects of ourselves that make the whole. I don’t know if you could ever reduce anyone to one part of what they express. That’s what’s fun about his character, is that there’s a very bright light that shines on his shadow side. The idea of all of that is incredibly exciting. It’s part of what makes it fun for me to work on.”

Full article: Future ‘Batman’ Director Matt Reeves Says Jekyll and Hyde Is an Inspiration for His Planned Film

The wrap is also reporting he turned in a first draft already and since WB likes it, the plan is to start filming next summer.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Ben Affleck Meets With Warner Bros. During Break From Treatment

Although Ben Affleck is currently going through some struggles in his personal life, he might be preparing to return to the big screen — but it remains to be seen if he's back as Batman.

A new report from TMZ indicates that Affleck was spotted taking a break from rehab to attend a studio meaning with Warner Bros. Pictures. Affleck was seen at the Warner Bros. offices clutching a stack of papers are likely a script.

It's looking like Affleck is gearing up for a new project, though that has yet to be confirmed. Fans are still wondering if he's going to return under the cape and cowl to the DC cinematic universe, hopeful he'll reprise his role as Batman.

The report states that Affleck is still getting treated, but he has taken breaks to tend to some business. Some fans speculated that a workout session indicated he's getting back in shape to reprise his role as the Caped Crusader, and this meeting with Warner Bros. is likely to kickstart even more rumors. It should be stated that Affleck is a frequent collaborator with the studio, however, as they have produced and financed his last few films including Live By Night, Argo, and The Town.

It's also unlikely that the papers Affleck is gripping is actually the script for The Batman, as that would likely be kept under lock and key as many superhero movies are nowadays.

Either way, work is likely to pick up on writer and director Matt Reeves' upcoming Batman movie. A new report indicates that Warner Bros. is hopeful to begin production on the film in 2019, possibly filming in the summer.

Reeves recently spoke at a summer event for the Television Critics Association, teasing his ideas for the script and whether or not Affleck would be involved.

"There are ways in which all of this connects to DC, to the DC universe as well," Reeves said. "We’re one piece of many pieces so I don’t want to comment on that except to say that I’m focused very specifically on this aspect of the DC world."

Reeves did not rule out Affleck's involvement, though he did not confirm it either.

"From the beginning, what I had always spoken about with Warner Brothers and what I was excited about was being in the Batuniverse and really doing something within that sphere," Reeves said. "That was always what it was going to be so in that way it hasn’t changed a lot since I first met with them. It’s very much the same thrust if that makes sense.

"A lot of things have happened since then but the movie, and why I’m excited about it, is it continues to be the same inspirations and excitement of what we talked about in the beginning."