Official The Batman Thread

Daps
and video games

Arkham Series & Injustice series >>>>

I don't keep up with the comics as often but from listening to various nerd culture type podcast the general consensus seems to be that D.C is putting out better comics also.
To be fair DC recently had a semi reboot to fix gripes with their previous reboot and Marvels trying some things out so theyre both in interesting and hard to compare spots but yeah the DCAU and the video games they put out are fantastic

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
What are the chances Ben wants to wait until the script is finished before he makes a decision?:jbhmm:

Like if he’s not coming back what are they waiting for? :patrice:

This whole thing is weird. :manny:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What are the chances Ben wants to wait until the script is finished before he makes a decision?:jbhmm:

Like if he’s not coming back what are they waiting for? :patrice:

This whole thing is weird. :manny:

I think he's not sure if he wants to come back and that's holding everything up. And from a PR standpoint, DC can't afford anymore bad news and they're still licking their wounds from Justice League. You can't announce him stepping down until you have someone else to step in, so look for those announcements to be made at the same time if they are going to be made. Comic Con would be a great moment to do it but again, they need to clear the runway for Aquaman. Public relations is a tricky business and all of this stuff is all based in it.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I think he's not sure if he wants to come back and that's holding everything up. And from a PR standpoint, DC can't afford anymore bad news and they're still licking their wounds from Justice League. You can't announce him stepping down until you have someone else to step in, so look for those announcements to be made at the same time if they are going to be made. Comic Con would be a great moment to do it but again, they need to clear the runway for Aquaman. Public relations is a tricky business and all of this stuff is all based in it.
That’s why I asked. I think their is a decent chance he’s waiting on the script. If he hasn’t made the decision.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That’s why I asked. I think their is a decent chance he’s waiting on the script. If he hasn’t made the decision.

I kinda think he's made the decision, everyone is just waiting. There's been too much smoke on the rumors of him bouncing for there not to be fire. I think he's done and they're just waiting for July to make everything nice and formal

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I kinda think he's made the decision, everyone is just waiting. There's been too much smoke on the rumors of him bouncing for there not to be fire. I think he's done and they're just waiting for July to make everything nice and formal
Would be a damn shame if he doesn’t get a solo film :francis:

In a lot of ways he’s just as responsible as anyone else for the current dceu,considering he specifically brought on his boy to take over writing duties and EP’d. Between that and live by night he obviously had a crisis of confidence. It’s a shame we won’t get his film with his script.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Would be a damn shame if he doesn’t get a solo film :francis:

In a lot of ways he’s just as responsible as anyone else for the current dceu,considering he specifically brought on his boy to take over writing duties and EP’d. Between that and live by night he obviously had a crisis of confidence. It’s a shame we won’t get his film with his script.

Would be a shame but I feel like the writing is on the wall. He definitely wanted to steer the ship himself, another cook in a kitchen that already had way too many cooks to begin with. It's almost like the kid who would come to your house, make a mess, then leave when it's time to clean up so they don't get in trouble.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
Word on the street is 'THE BATMAN' will be either loosely or heavily influenced by...

733323.jpg

732035.jpg

Take with a grain of salt of course...

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think DC has a slight edge over Marvel right now when it comes to comics. In the 90s and early 2000s I was all about Marvel and only DC I picked up was Batman related stuff. Now I'm reading more DC stuff than Marvel. Only thing regularly from Marvel I read is X-Men Gold, Astonishing X-Men, and so far Red.
Same here. I don't know exactly what it is but I just can't get in to some books from Marvel. I am looking forward to the new Hulk and Fantastic Four book, though.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Ive noticed Ben has all of a sudden been hitting up expos and doing fan stuff.

Maybe he isn’t leaving the role then. :jbhmm:

Seem kind of weird to start doing all of this if you were leaving.