Official The Batman Thread

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
Nolan was smart to keep his Batman world separate. BATMAN should be grounded and real, like Nolan's movies. DC needs a grounded NOLAN-UNIVERSE for BATMAN and then have a SUPERNATURAL DC SUPER HERO universe separate.

They need to go back to that grounded Batman ASAP.

No the fukk they don’t. We just got 3 movies like that. shyts boring now.

Give me a BATMAN trilogy with Clayface, The Mad Hatter and The Clock King or The ventriloquist. :blessed:

Batman films that are like the actual BATMAN comic. With a Ra’s Al Ghul who’s immortal and the BAT Family

Mazino

All Star
Daps
No the fukk they don’t. We just got 3 movies like that. shyts boring now.

Give me a BATMAN trilogy with Clayface, The Mad Hatter and The Clock King or The ventriloquist. :blessed:

Batman films that are like the actual BATMAN comic. With a Ra’s Al Ghul who’s immortal and the BAT Family
The problem isn't Batman not being grounded, the issue is DC had a shytty vision and rushed by not laying the groundwork for their cinematic universe.

Add in the fact there's a lot of rumours of in-fighting and little collaboration between the producers etc and you have a recipe for disaster.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
The problem isn't Batman not being grounded, the issue is DC had a shytty vision and rushed by not laying the groundwork for their cinematic universe.

Add in the fact there's a lot of rumours of in-fighting and little collaboration between the producers etc and you have a recipe for disaster.

That has absolutely nothing to do with my post but ...

giphy.gif

Mazino

All Star
Daps
That has absolutely nothing to do with my post but ...

giphy.gif
Eh yes it did, you quoted and disagreed with a post that said DC should go back to a grounded Batman.

My post was essentially agreeing with yours in that it doesn't matter whether Batman is grounded or nor under the current regime because setting aside Wonder Woman they don't know what the fukk they're doing.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
Eh yes it did, you quoted and disagreed with a post that said DC should go back to a grounded Batman.

My post was essentially agreeing with yours in that it doesn't matter whether Batman is grounded or nor under the current regime because setting aside Wonder Woman they don't know what the fukk they're doing.

Gotcha

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
What’s the word on Affleck? He’s gotta stay man. He’s gotta. :mjcry:
he'll be 48 in 2020 by time the film drops

they could go the Dark Knight Returns route but they already did that with BvS

If I were to guess, he'll be recast via the events of Flashpoint film (which he and whoever becomes the new Bruce will both cameo in, Afleck in the beginning and his replacement at the end after Barry changes things)

But if he stays then I'm all for that too, 48 isn't what it used to be. Tom Cruise is in his mid 50s and still looks ridiculously young (had u told me that was a man in his 50s in the Edge of Tomorrow film i would have told u to GTFOH)

I'm content with either decision but he'll most likely be recast

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But if he stays then I'm all for that too, 48 isn't what it used to be. Tom Cruise is in his mid 50s and still looks ridiculously young (had u told me that was a man in his 50s in the Edge of Tomorrow film i would have told u to GTFOH)
But Cruise takes care of himself.

Affleck got bloated between filming and the reshoots of JL

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
I don't think Affleck will stay on the project. Just get the people who worked on the DCAU and the animated movies to work on the live action films. Animation is where DC kills Marvel. :yeshrug:

and video games

Arkham Series & Injustice series >>>>

I don't keep up with the comics as often but from listening to various nerd culture type podcast the general consensus seems to be that D.C is putting out better comics also.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
and video games

Arkham Series & Injustice series >>>>

I don't keep up with the comics as often but from listening to various nerd culture type podcast the general consensus seems to be that D.C is putting out better comics also.
I think DC has a slight edge over Marvel right now when it comes to comics. In the 90s and early 2000s I was all about Marvel and only DC I picked up was Batman related stuff. Now I'm reading more DC stuff than Marvel. Only thing regularly from Marvel I read is X-Men Gold, Astonishing X-Men, and so far Red.