Official The Batman Thread

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
to keep it a bean

if the people running D.C. weren't complete fukups this film would be dropping in 2018/2019

but its not cause theyre fukups

Bob Kane used to laugh at Stan Lee after Batman 89 dropped "Where's your movies bro?"

Stan got the last laugh

Black Panther bout to kill the entire roster dolo

:manny:

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
So I'm watching The Dark Knight right now

In retrospect do u guys feel it was a mistake to not incorporate this universe into the DCEU? especially with how things have turned out lately

I can imagine the opening scene of BVS with Bale running towards that collapsing building and saving that girl..... That would have been the way to go

Recast a Ledger lookalike and get the ball rolling for Justice League, Wonder Woman etc.

Why take a successful formula that was working and completely scrap it?

MCU been in the making since 2008 with Iron Man. Batman Begins dropped in 06, it would have made sense to just let that be the starting point....

Just randomly spewing out nonsense while watching this flick.....dope trilogy.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

In retrospect do u guys feel it was a mistake to not incorporate this universe into the DCEU? especially with how things have turned out lately

I can imagine the opening scene of BVS with Bale running towards that collapsing building and saving that girl..... That would have been the way to go

Recast a Ledger lookalike and get the ball rolling for Justice League, Wonder Woman etc.

MCU been in the making since 2008 with Iron Man. Batman Begins dropped in 06, it would have made sense to just let that be the starting point....

WB were all behind Nolan and a larger universe wasn't apart of his vision. So they were basically just biding time until the trilogy was finished. But they were raking in money so they weren't really in a rush.

Until the MCU really started to pick up steam that is. Fast forward to Justice League...:pachaha:

Last edited:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nolan was smart to keep his Batman world separate. BATMAN should be grounded and real, like Nolan's movies. DC needs a grounded NOLAN-UNIVERSE for BATMAN and then have a SUPERNATURAL DC SUPER HERO universe separate.

They need to go back to that grounded Batman ASAP.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas

No. The Dark Knight Trilogy was more focused on what if Batman was in the real world. A lot of the comic elements like the Lazarus Pit, venom for Bane, etc wouldn't have worked in the Nolan Universe so we know damn well aliens and Amazons wouldn't work.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
WB were all behind Nolan and a larger universe wasn't apart of his vision. So they were basically just biding time until the trilogy was finished. But they were raking in money so they weren't really in a rush.

Until the MCU really started to pick up steam that is. Fast forward to Justice League...:pachaha:
Didn't they offer Bale a shyt load of money to be in a shared universe and he turned it down? It was just not meant to be. lol

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

It wasn’t a good idea in my mind. Nolan refused to play ball when they wanted him to and since he had a good thing going they couldn’t object. He hamstrung them with that that decision. Now like @richaveli83 said, there definitely would be some tonal issues and some shyt would’ve been completely incongruent with what Nolan was doing with Batman, but there’s a way to introduce some elements and slowly build out, like marvel did. Iron man is very basic in terms of being real world. And each movie after they introduced one more aspect of the world to build on that foundation.

So maybe you don’t do a Lazarus pit but you can build out to Gotham being one thing and then introduce a Superman movie with metropolis being the polar opposite. You make a mention of alien tech or something no one understands in Batman or just have someone mention metropolis or even lex luthor and Bruce having a bit of a rivalry, and then you bring in Superman. Now maybe your first Superman flick is less fantastical since it would be him vs lex but there’s a way to do it.

In fact, Superman returns took a lot of visual cues from Batman begins so someone behind the scenes was thinking that.

It’s not impossible to make it work not saying it would’ve but it’s not impossible. But Nolan wanted to do what he wanted to do and it is what it is

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Thinking about another Batman movie I can't get amped. Even tho he is my favorite DC character I'm just that sick of him. I'm looking forward to Aquaman, Flash, Shazam and if they ever do it a Green Lantern movie more that this. DC needs to bring a new character to the forefront.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Thinking about another Batman movie I can't get amped. Even tho he is my favorite DC character I'm just that sick of him. I'm looking forward to Aquaman, Flash, Shazam and if they ever do it a Green Lantern movie more that this. DC needs to bring a new character to the forefront.
Agreed. I think Aquaman is gonna be dope.

Sidenote: Why the fukk did Jason Mamoa marry old ass Lisa Bonet? :dahell: