Official The Batman Thread

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
How many rewrites, reshoots, and replacements need to happen before you see what's really going on?
:what:

Batman being rewrote, Ben out the door.

The change from a serious tone to marvel comedies.

Flash point happening this soon, which seems like a lazy way to try and fix shyt they don't like.

They obviously have no vision or direction for these movies.
:scust:
this is how they planned it :troll: here we go with the coli executives talking like they know how to run major companies again :troll:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Does Batman vs Superman or Justice League even count as a Batman movie, they made a huge mistake casting Affleck due to his age. They messed up from the word go and the only way to make it right is just restart.

You have one of the biggest characters in your library who you're hoping would be the center piece to your universe and you cast an old guy to play him?
I like Ben Affleck as Batman but the guy was looking flabby and sick in the reshoots, it's fairly obvious they the studio, Matt Reeves and according to his deviant brother Casey he himself wants out.
Bvs and JL does not count as batman movies, which is why it's so retarded to be talking about writing batman out before we have a single movie drop.

Ben is too old but guess what, that's who they casted as batman and here we are talking about replacing him already.

Like I said bad decisions followed by worst decisions.

So we either write Bruce wayne out of the story(which is unacceptable without at least a couple movies) or we could reboot with flashpoint.

Either way it's fukking retarded.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Ben is the one who wants to leave, studios don't own these actors. They can do whatever tf they want at the end of the day as long as they don't break contract. Do you forget that he was in rehab, got divorced, lost the studio 100M+, accused of groping a woman etc.

People complaining that DC didn't copy Marvel then when they do they complain that they did :what:

Tell me when is Flashpoint coming out? My point exactly
I don't care who decision it was for him to leave, casting him in the first place was a mistake.

They knew how old he was, they knew he might not be playing the role long term, and yet they still casted him.

They had this idea of a older, more experienced batman. Now it's like whoops, another rewrite, recast.

Youd think that these suits were never thinking long term with the decisions being made.

Isn't the first flash movie supposed to be based off flashpoint? Why are we doing such a big story arc for his first movie? Can we get the rogues first atleast?

And I don't care what people were complaining about, I preferred the direction they were going before all the reshoots to inject "fun" into the movies.

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Youd think that these suits were never thinking long term with the decisions being made.
I mean, kinda hard to predict the guy you picked would go through a messy public divorce, end up in rehab and want to walk away to get his shyt together

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I mean, kinda hard to predict the guy you picked would go through a messy public divorce, end up in rehab and want to walk away to get his shyt together
How hard would it be to predict that a guy pushing 50 in a cast full of young talent, may be to old in a few years?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
How hard would it be to predict that a guy pushing 50 in a cast full of young talent, may be to old in a few years?
They're number 1 Target for the Joker origin movie is Leonardo DiCaprio who is currently 43 and would be like 46/47 when it would come out. :mjlol:
They like old actors I guess. :yeshrug:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The talk isn't about him being replaced because he's too old, the talk is that he wants to leave because he's got too much shyt going on in his life to do the shyt.

From July:

Ben Affleck Quits Movie to Focus on Wellness and Family

Ben Affleck has dropped out of Netflix's Triple Frontier "to take some time to focus on his wellness and his family," Deadline reported Tuesday; the movie will move forward without him.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Their recasting joker too?
:dwillhuh::dwillhuh::dwillhuh:
:snoop:
No. Wb/dc is launching an else world style brand for dc films where film makers can make one off films that have no connection to the dceu.

The first film is going to be a joker film.

It will be like the animated universe they currently have.

Personally I think it's a really dope idea. I love stand alone arcs.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Their doing a Joker origin movie and their first choice to play him is Leo DiCaprio who is currently 43 and the movie is at least 2 -3 years away.
Remind me again why joker has to be young again? He wears face paint and Nicholson and Romero were already long in the tooth when they took the role. Not saying I am feeling the potential choice of leo but it begs the question

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Remind me again why joker has to be young again? He wears face paint and Nicholson and Romero were already long in the tooth when they took the role. Not saying I am feeling the potential choice of leo but it begs the question
And the more recent Jokers have been younger so making the origin story about a 40something is head scratching. Nicholson's was nearly 30 years ago breh and Cesar's was 50 plus years ago. The target market for the movie will not use those characterizations as a reference.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
And the more recent Jokers have been younger so making the origin story about a 40something is head scratching.
does Leo look like the average 40 yo though? I mean dude could easily pass for 32 with the right fitness regiment and lighting. There is also that Benjamin button technology