Official The Batman Thread

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
that was the point but unlike se7en this movie had zero levity and no characters i can actually say i liked if im being honest. Some of the ways they delivered their dialogue was so robotic too. Especially the talks between batman and gordon. Its still crazy to me how much i felt nothing from this flick though. Like no hypeness from the fights (mostly cuz they're all in the trailers) or any emotion for any characters whatsoever. Twilight cac played batman so dead pan and lifeless im just like my gawd breh ARE YOU ALIVE! All i can hope is the next movie has a less grounded villain or something to get me excited. No more riddler, joker, scarecrow, two face, black mask, or none of that. Make a fukking creature feature horror movie with man bat. shyt would be dope to me. Just something out of the box.

The parts that really registered some feeling was more because of the score in certain parts and the cinematography and that was pretty sporadic.

You got some GREAT actors in this, particularly Dano, Wright and to a lesser extent, Serkis coming off flat, and it's not for lack of talent.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Seems like some people wanted a movie where Batman solves mysteries within seconds, never gets hit in combat, and has weapons/gadgets that get him out of any jam immediately.

:russ: Their criticisms have me dyin and are so easily explained but then they have the nerve to say "god forbid someone doesn't agree..."

You can't hide behind "opinion" when something is fact.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Thought it was okay on the first viewing. Weak after watching it again on HBO max. Really disappointed with The Riddler. The riddles and his schemes could had been a lot better. Should had been layers over layers over layers to his ultimate plan. Overall he was such a trash villain with a dumb scheme. And this is the Riddler we're talking about.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
The film was ok. Boring in parts. The other criticisms about Batman not being a prep time god avoiding all damage are silly though. This is year two Batman man, not veteran Batman with wack ass plot armor beating demigods.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
So I've attempted a second viewing. I rated it a 6/10 on first watch. Main complaints was the floundering final act and run time and overall characters. Has some good moments but even the riddler is terrible on 2nd watch. I have my issues with TDK but it's far superior to this rendition.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
He got to that point with experience. Lol. We are witnessing just that, the growth and experience of a man deciding to fight crime in his city.

By the 3rd film, we see the legit :gladbron: shyt