Official The Batman Thread

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC

It's a bad comparison. The JL Snyder release came out a few years after the initial film. The bad word of mouth still existed.

Ok just watched the deleted scene and I can see why they deleted it.

wasn’t bad but just too on the nose imo.

and they probably not sold on joker yet.

It would have stolen the movie's thunder had they put that scene in.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Begins is a great film that always gets overlooked. It was a great origin film especially when people hate origin films because we know the characters, but this film was excellent. Batman Begins was right below the Dark Knight maybe by two notches in my opinion.
Average superhero film at best.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I will say begins had a better climax. That’s the only thing I would give begins over this, point blank.
The run up to leaving Gotham in Begins was chef’s kiss.

Wanting to kill Joe Chill.
Getting slapped by Rachel and Falcone’s men.
Training with Ra and Ducard.

Alfred coming to rescue him only works because of that first act. “ Nevah”

The psychology of Bruce Wayne was on point.

Reeve’s Batman development took the entire run time and to good use.

Like I have no idea why that random old white housekeeper was even there.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
This might go down as the most polarizing entry in the series :ehh:

I liked it though I think it was legit a half hour too long, probably have it in between Returns and Dark Knight rises on the list, though I can see how ppl might have alternately loved it or thought it sucked

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
that was the point but unlike se7en this movie had zero levity and no characters i can actually say i liked if im being honest. Some of the ways they delivered their dialogue was so robotic too. Especially the talks between batman and gordon. Its still crazy to me how much i felt nothing from this flick though. Like no hypeness from the fights (mostly cuz they're all in the trailers) or any emotion for any characters whatsoever. Twilight cac played batman so dead pan and lifeless im just like my gawd breh ARE YOU ALIVE! All i can hope is the next movie has a less grounded villain or something to get me excited. No more riddler, joker, scarecrow, two face, black mask, or none of that. Make a fukking creature feature horror movie with man bat. shyt would be dope to me. Just something out of the box.

I actually liked the grounded villians(Penguin and Falcone). Probably more excited for this Penguin show than the next Batmam film,Colin stole the show imo. But you pretty much took the words out of my mouth. They are possibly going for a slow build. But what exactly is going to change this brooding emo Batmans personality? They didnt really make you like Batman or Bruce. Im just expected to root for him because he's Batman.

I think you can be grounded and still feel like a superhero movie. I just didnt see the struggle,the stakes and overcoming anything in this film.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I actually liked the grounded villians(Penguin and Falcone). Probably more excited for this Penguin show than the next Batmam film,Colin stole the show imo. But you pretty much took the words out of my mouth. They are possibly going for a slow build. But what exactly is going to change this brooding emo Batmans personality? They didnt really make you like Batman or Bruce. Im just expected to root for him because he's Batman.

I think you can be grounded and still feel like a superhero movie. I just didnt see the struggle,the stakes and overcoming anything in this film.
At the end of the movie he said he needed to change and be more hope and less vengeance.

it was clearly alluding to him turning a corner in how he handled being Batman.

it was the entire purpose of the climax, to show him actually being a hero and not just beating ppl senseless. Also, the ppl starting to trust him (the kid, the mayor, the chick on the roof) He becomes a beacon (literally and figuratively), more of a symbol of hope in that moment juxtaposed to the beginning where he was just fear and vengeance.

His vengeance persona had a direct influence on the riddler and his goons. Once he saw that, he realized he needed to switch shyt up. That will be the catalyst for a different Batman in the sequels.

Last edited: