Official The Batman Thread

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
This, I was about to put him on game too. Penguin is just an arms dealer and never really is a main focus villain. He just is always in the mix somehow in some shyt.
I only know batman from the main movies and penguin was one of them in the Keaton sequel so that's where I draw my opinion from. Just how I view it.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But what exactly is going to change this brooding emo Batmans personality?
Batman literally explained at the end that he needed to be more hope and less fear.:dwillhuh:

The last guy he beats the shyt out of uses his "I am Vengeance" line and everyone looks at Bats, who has the :francis:because its more proof that he's inspiring people to take matters in their own hands through fear.

Seconds later he jumps on the loose power cable, cuts it, falls into the water, comes out and saves the kids. Damn near a baptism, where he knew that he needed to change for the betterment of Gotham.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So, I realized something rewatching the movie. I prefer almost omniscient/clairvoyant Batman (think DC animated films) over “detective Batman.” Like, I don’t want to see Batman thumbing through manila folders and typing in URL’s and shyt. That shyt is ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz to me, which is why I probably didn’t love this movie. We all have different sensibilities. :yeshrug:

Thank you:mjlol:

Nolans Batman did more detective work than hes credited with. But i dont wanna see Batman doing stakeouts,surveilance,doing police interviews like First 48:francis:. Alot of time spent doing that instead of action.

Grounded is fine,but they are going to have some great grounded fight scenes like the first Blade, or the Batman warehouse scene. Easily the best Batman fight scene on film,and its just guys with guns. So im okay with grounded,but step it up on the fighting in that case.

This film might play better in the future,in conjunction with the sequels. Biggest problem is that it feels incomplete. The climax doesnt even feel like a climax

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Batman literally explained at the end that he needed to be more hope and less fear.:dwillhuh:

The last guy he beats the shyt out of uses his "I am Vengeance" line and everyone looks at Bats, who has the :francis:because its more proof that he's inspiring people to take matters in their own hands through fear.

Seconds later he jumps on the loose power cable, cuts it, falls into the water, comes out and saves the kids. Damn near a baptism, where he knew that he needed to change for the betterment of Gotham.

And @-DMP-

I see the confusion because I said "this Batman". When I actually mean this Batmans Bruce Wayne portrayl. Is his dull ,depressing personality all of a sudden going to do a 180?

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And @-DMP-

I see the confusion because I said "this Batman". When I actually mean this Batmans Bruce Wayne portrayl. Is his dull ,depressing personality all of a sudden going to do a 180?

Over time he will. The movie goes out of its way to let you know he's learning and adapting and is willing to do what it takes. I don't EVER want to hear complaining about movies not developing characters again. They are literally having this man hear about himself and observe his own bias and ignorance,then have him wax about needing to change,but half of y'all worried about BruceWayne not macking hoes.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Over time he will. The movie goes out of its way to let you know he's learning and adapting and is willing to do what it takes. I don't EVER want to hear complaining about movies not developing characters again. They are literally having this man hear about himself and observe his own bias and ignorance,then have him wax about needing to change,but half of y'all worried about BruceWayne not macking hoes.
:bryan: tis thecoli what did you expect

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You sound confident,but I dont see why theyd change it since the rest of you seem to love his Bruce portrayl so much.
Im worried about the fact this Bruce Wayne is not very likeable up to this point. I dont like being made to feel I should root for characters just because Im supposed to since "hes Batman".

I dont need the playboy persona. You can make him depressed,weird,emo and still make him likeable. I think thats important because Batman is supposed to be dry and overly serious like that.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
And @-DMP-

Oh ok yea it wasn’t as apparent for Bruce, I agree but I do think there are some things, in this film, that hint at the lack of Bruce is a detriment to Batman.

The biggest thing is the Mayor explicitly states, at the funeral, how he (Bruce) could be doing more to help the city. With her surviving the attack and her whole speech at the end about rebuilding Gotham, and reestablishing trust in its institutions (ie Wayne, GCPD, etc) I think she will be a big catalyst in getting him involved with the city.

Also, we learn that the criminals were able to use the renewal fund (that Thomas Wayne set up)as pleased because of no over sight. It wasn’t explicitly stated, but I’m certain Bruce would have been able to see funny business going on, if he was actually involved. I think this is why they made some what of a big deal about
1.) the accountants coming by the house. He had no interest in looking over the books, but maybe he sees some shyt if he bothers being Bruce for a second.

2.) Riddler being an accountant. He had ledgers with thousands of transactions and the renewal ledger is what set him off.

The movie also makes it a point for both Selina, and Riddler to call out Bruce for having privilege and being locked away in Wayne tower.
More specifically, The Riddler points out how everyone feels sorry for Bruce but he’s got money, and literally can “look down on people” who have less than.
Bruce’s privilege allowed him to spend so much time moping and seeking vengeance, he didn’t realize he was just as guilty as forgetting about the less fortunate person, as those in Gotham were when his dad died.

Lastly, Bruce’s speech, not only alluded to being past vengeance, but also healing and not letting our scars take hold of us:

Bruce] I’m starting to see now.

I have had an effect here…

but not the one I intended.

Vengeance won’t change the past,

mine or anyone else’s.

I have to become more.

People need hope.

To know someone’s out there for them.

The city’s angry,

scarred,

like me.

Our scars can destroy us.

Even after the physical wounds have healed.

But if we survive them,

they can transform us.

They can give us the power

to endure…

and the strength to fight.

I feel like this applies to Bruce as well as Batman. The death of his parents was obviously still a burden to him, but in this speech, he seems to recognize that it can’t be just that, just anger, he must use their deaths as a conduit for something more.

I think the events had a cathartic effect on Bruce, that will allow him to grow more into what we expect and it’s evident in his ending speech.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Just finished it. Had to watch it in chunks. I'll be back with more thoughts later.

Colin Farrell is tremendous and if I could lift him out of this and put him in the Nolanverse I would do it in a heartbeat.

7/10. It might be 4th 5th or 6th in my ranking of Batman films.

They really threw me for a loop with what I see as eschewing away with Batman as a Myth for Batman as a Mascot. Just too many people, standing shoulder to shoulder with him really threw me off. In broad daylight no less in some instances. The delineation between Bruce and Batman is not there yet in year 2.

I liked the movie though. Riddler was eerily recognizable as a deranged urbanist crusader. Probably the best Gotham has been depicted as a city of haves and have-nots. A little rust belt, a little east coast, a little gulf coast. Wholly American.

I think 4th is pretty good. I'm definitely grateful after 10 terrible years under Snyder.

Daps
Just finished it. Had to watch it in chunks. I'll be back with more thoughts later.

Colin Farrell is tremendous and if I could lift him out of this and put him in the Nolanverse I would do it in a heartbeat.

7/10. It might be 4th 5th or 6th in my ranking of Batman films.

They really threw me for a loop with what I see as eschewing away with Batman as a Myth for Batman as a Mascot. Just too many people, standing shoulder to shoulder with him really threw me off. In broad daylight no less in some instances. The delineation between Bruce and Batman is not there yet in year 2.

I liked the movie though. Riddler was eerily recognizable as a deranged urbanist crusader. Probably the best Gotham has been depicted as a city of haves and have-nots. A little rust belt, a little east coast, a little gulf coast. Wholly American.

I think 4th is pretty good. I'm definitely grateful after 10 terrible years under Snyder.

just finished it too.. i would give it 4th. Knocking off any of the Nolan movies is a gargabtuan task. I like the consistent monologue to diffrntiate from the Nolan films. This film is def just the foundation builder. Joker, riddler, league of owls.

They overkilled with the batman theme music in the film tho. that and the rock song they used..... it felt as if they only used 3 songs to soundtrack the scenes: batman's looming music, te rock song, and some third one...... cool movie tho..... ii see a coming of age storyline should it continue. if this is his 2nd yr as batman, how old is he in the storyline? also no ras a guhll?

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
just finished it too.. i would give it 4th. Knocking off any of the Nolan movies is a gargabtuan task. I like the consistent monologue to diffrntiate from the Nolan films. This film is def just the foundation builder. Joker, riddler, league of owls.

They overkilled with the batman theme music in the film tho. that and the rock song they used..... it felt as if they only used 3 songs to soundtrack the scenes: batman's looming music, te rock song, and some third one...... cool movie tho..... ii see a coming of age storyline should it continue. if this is his 2nd yr as batman, how old is he in the storyline? also no ras a guhll?
batman 30 in the movie