Official The Batman Thread

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I thought it was okay. Honestly just felt 3 villains were too many. It didn't flow well too me and seemed to be jumping back and forth between them, especially the falcone character comes out of no where to be bigger than you expect in the first hour or so. Which is essentially the film being too long and cramming too much in imo.

I’m not saying how you should feel, but on this particular aspect your complaining about the entire point of a detective story.

The crime seems one way at the start, as you get more information the picture expands.

If a detective story started with a dude twisting his mustache telling you why he did it. It kind of defeats the point to watching the detectives figure it out.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
one thing though
I was :dead:every time riddler was on screen
I'm glad i didn't see this in theaters because i would be laughing so loud I would've gotten kicked out
dude's performance was way too funny :mjlol:

NOOOOOOOOOOO it wasn't supposed to go this WAAAAAAAAAAAAY:deadrose:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I’m not saying how you should feel, but on this particular aspect your complaining about the entire point of a detective story.

The crime seems one way at the start, as you get more information the picture expands.

If a detective story started with a dude twisting his mustache telling you why he did it. It kind of defeats the point to watching the detectives figure it out.
I get it. Part of me feels they just put too many villains in the movie. Penguin just being a sidekick when I know he's more than that historically as a main villain was distracting imo. You meet him early on, he kind of disappears, then reappears, I just didn't think it flowed well. Too long and trying to fill time for me

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I get it. Part of me feels they just put too many villains in the movie. Penguin just being a sidekick when I know he's more than that historically as a main villain was distracting imo. You meet him early on, he kind of disappears, then reappears, I just didn't think it flowed well. Too long and trying to fill time for me
Penguin’s story is usually always as second to the mob boss then he takes over. Plus they have TV show with him coming out soon.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Something I haven’t seen yet but, I think a lower level Villain that could work, is black mask.

penguin could try and move in as Falcone successor but black mask emerges as the head challenger to fill the void.

court of owls is the main plot, over all.

With how organized crime heavy this one was I was thinking how I'd love to see Frank Grillo as black mask

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Doubt he'll show up until later, I can see this storyline being next based on the ending

107105.jpg
Yeah joker needs to differentiate himself from the other jokers before him and do something really horrible that really shakes shyt up. I mean something like he does in the comics particularly no man's land where he's got batman and gordon wanting to kill him

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
This movie had some Se7en David Fincher vibe too it.
that was the point but unlike se7en this movie had zero levity and no characters i can actually say i liked if im being honest. Some of the ways they delivered their dialogue was so robotic too. Especially the talks between batman and gordon. Its still crazy to me how much i felt nothing from this flick though. Like no hypeness from the fights (mostly cuz they're all in the trailers) or any emotion for any characters whatsoever. Twilight cac played batman so dead pan and lifeless im just like my gawd breh ARE YOU ALIVE! All i can hope is the next movie has a less grounded villain or something to get me excited. No more riddler, joker, scarecrow, two face, black mask, or none of that. Make a fukking creature feature horror movie with man bat. shyt would be dope to me. Just something out of the box.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Penguin’s story is usually always as second to the mob boss then he takes over. Plus they have TV show with him coming out soon.

This, I was about to put him on game too. Penguin is just an arms dealer and never really is a main focus villain. He just is always in the mix somehow in some shyt.