Official The Batman Thread

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I loved this movie. I liked the slower pace compared to the damn near Superman Batman you get in other takes. I hope they don’t use that Joker though. They coulda left the visuals of him out and just used the voice.

Guy was not believable as Bruce Wayne though.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I loved this movie. I liked the slower pace compared to the damn near Superman Batman you get in other takes. I hope they don’t use that Joker though. They coulda left the visuals of him out and just used the voice.

I blame this on the writing. I am glad there was way more Batman than Bruce because of it.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
So, I realized something rewatching the movie. I prefer almost omniscient/clairvoyant Batman (think DC animated films) over “detective Batman.” Like, I don’t want to see Batman thumbing through manila folders and typing in URL’s and shyt. That shyt is ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz to me, which is why I probably didn’t love this movie. We all have different sensibilities. :yeshrug:
batman was a detective story before it was anything else, yall knee grows got short attention spans.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
What other movie version had Bruce hating having to be Bruce?

In this one, he wanted to be Batman all the time and it was taking a toll on him physically and mentally.

Every other version, Bruce showed up at galas, board meetings, threw parties at his place, kept a bad one on his arm.

Even Battfleck, who was 20 years in, had his partner beat to death by the Joker, watched people he loved killed by Supes/Zod, and was over the shyt to the point that he was branding people, essentially sentencing them to death, would throw on a suit and tie to keep up appearances, there was a scene where he woke up in the middle of the night and had a chick in the bed.

This Bruce had to be told to take a shower. Alfred sees him in a suit and goes :leon: at the idea of him going out in public and then goes :beli: when Bruce says he's going because Riddler may come. It's his first public appearance in years and everyone is :ohhh:

The beginning of the movie Bruce talks about using fear as a weapon, how that symbol was a warning. And we see the effect is has on criminals, but it also has the same effect on everyone. It's why he's brought up in the mayoral debate as a masked vigilante, it's why the cops, even the good ones, don't fukk with him. He scares the fukk out of people. He finds out that his use of fear is not only inspiring guys like the Riddler, but making them feel that Batman is working with them.

At the end he realizes that he needs to be the symbol of hope. We see the Mayor turn down his hand but a kid reaching out for safety. We see the girl getting airlifted afraid to leave him because she knows she's safe with him. He knows now that when good people see that bat symbol, they need to know its because Bats is helping make the city a better place.

I'm sure he'll realize that Bruce needs to help with that, that dressing up as a bat at night isn't the only way to spread hope. I'm expecting the next film to see the Bruce we're familiar with. I'm sure he'll take the new mayor up on her offer and become more philanthropic, try to right the shyt that went wrong with his father's renewal program. And to do that, he may have to pretend a lot more, throw on a suit, attend parties, date models, go to board meetings to make sure things aren't going wrong.
Excellent synopsis and diagnosis of the movie for those not that deeply invested in these types of superhero movies and comics. I fully admit I’m dumb to the nuances and this movie probably wasn’t made for me. TDK was what I was expecting and didn’t realize this was the beginning. That being said, I fully wasted 3 hours of my life….

Last edited:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Of course you opposite world nikkas would love this snooze fest. This the most least intimidating batman ever. Y'all complained about Ben Affleck just to get this emo kid that should be skateboarding around a high school or some shyt :mjlol:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Without a doubt my 2nd favorite BATMAN FILM.

I like the casting of the Joker. I really dislike some of the mumble bullshyt with Joker and Riddler at times, tho. Just tone down the make up like 10%.
Did I miss something? Joke was only in it at the end right when he talking to him in Arkham?

Also, this movie was flames. That Batmobile appearance was crazy. And I cracked up when his parachute caught the underpass and he went flying:dead:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps

They barely showed any scenes as Bruce Wayne tho lol. What do you mean by not believable

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
So, I realized something rewatching the movie. I prefer almost omniscient/clairvoyant Batman (think DC animated films) over “detective Batman.” Like, I don’t want to see Batman thumbing through manila folders and typing in URL’s and shyt. That shyt is ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz to me, which is why I probably didn’t love this movie. We all have different sensibilities. :yeshrug:
Same I want the Sherlock Holmes Batman. We had glimpses but this ine seemed more concerned about beating ppl up.