Official The Batman Thread

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Seeing the parallels when
Batman saved Selina from getting chocked by Carmine and then Kyle saving Batman when he was about to get a shotgun to the face

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
I mean you’re completely inaccurate. Like COMPLETELY.

Don’t want to give spoilers away but it’s like you never watched the end of the film

How can I be inaccurate about how I felt about the film? It was long, boring, and stale. My wife just kept asking "how much longer". Before you enlighten a poor ignoramus like myself who can't understand the intricacies of this film with your brilliance just tell me if you thought films such as Mad Max Fury Road or BR 2049 were good films? If yes just save your words because I thought those were even worse films than The Batman and we will not come to a consensus about this movie or any points of agreement.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
How can I be inaccurate about how I felt about the film? It was long, boring, and stale. My wife just kept asking "how much longer". Before you enlighten a poor ignoramus like myself who can't understand the intricacies of this film with your brilliance just tell me if you thought films such as Mad Max Fury Road or BR 2049 were good films? If yes just save your words because I thought those were even worse films than The Batman and we will not come to a consensus about this movie or any points of agreement.

no. The part I specifically bold and underlined.
That’s the part I have issue with because the whole film is about him not being to crack the master plan.

He even got El vs La mixed up. So it wasn’t as straight forward as you said

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
/thread

You articulated this perfectly. I give up or just roll my eyes when some ppl say nothing new here or trash Batman when CLEARLY THIS IS A ROOKIE BATMAN. I’ve even gone into many discussions with my friends on this who don’t seem to realize this is NOT PRIME MJ ON BULLS BATMAN yet. I compare a lot of things to basketball for give me. But he hasn’t reached the BALE VERSION (MJ PRIME) this is a rookie Batman who makes constant errors and mistakes and doesn’t give two shyts about Bruce fukin Wayne. He still Batman but it’s like rookie MJ scoring 69 but having 12 turnovers and missing the final shot a lot. He hasn’t reached 6 titles 6 mvps BATMAN which was what Bale was.

none of us have ever seen this version. They all want it their way immediately. Casual fans are the worst and they can never be satisfied when something new is actually right in front of them.
One thing people have used to discredit it is that bale was doing this or that in year one. Or that he took on the joker in year 2 blah blah blah.Its s different take on the younger years of batman. If he was doing the same things as bale did in his films then what would be the point of watching? I like that he fails constantly in this film but is still willing to give his life for the city if need be.

and too me the way pattinson played the character, under the cowl with little facial expressions…like when hes confused you are too. When hes thinking about the answer to the riddle so is the viewer. I understand alot of gripes but for me this film just hits different.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
i told people.. The streaming concept really has a movie stay in the public eye a while longer. What WB/DC may miss out on at the end of a box office run.. they will gain with HBO subs because people wanna sub to HBO for exclusive shows and movie premiers.

The 45-day window seems to be a better idea than a full 90-day theater run

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Okay, finally got through this.

I didn't make it all the way through the first time, got bored.

Played it a second time, got interrupted and was kinda bored anyway so I just parked it about halfway.

Just finished the second half of the film and I must say, I went from being ready to trash it all togehter to more like :obama:

Colin Farrel did a damn good Deniro as the Penguin impression lol, best part of the movie hands down.
+ Better Catwoman than Nolan
+ Score is dope
+ "Year one/two" as an experience was more fleshed out than BB
- Fighting/Action scenes were pretty bad
- Paul Danno was a bit over the top
- Another "grounded" Batman movie, while simultatniously being a bit over the top in general. :coffee:
- Way too fukking long
- The "Vengence" roundabout was frustrating and awkward
- The joker scene

I give it a 6/10 honestly. And it benefited from an intermission, I couldn't imagine starting that shyt from the begining tonight. Not really interested in another watch unless I'm trying to show it to someone who hasn't seen it yet. The villans put this slightly above BB as a whole.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
So, I realized something rewatching the movie. I prefer almost omniscient/clairvoyant Batman (think DC animated films) over “detective Batman.” Like, I don’t want to see Batman thumbing through manila folders and typing in URL’s and shyt. That shyt is ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz to me, which is why I probably didn’t love this movie. We all have different sensibilities. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

spencerforhire

All Star
Daps
So, I realized something rewatching the movie. I prefer almost omniscient/clairvoyant Batman (think DC animated films) over “detective Batman.” Like, I don’t want to see Batman thumbing through manila folders and typing in URL’s and shyt. That shyt is ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz to me, which is why I probably didn’t love this movie. We all have different sensibilities. :yeshrug:

This movie had some Se7en David Fincher vibe too it.