Official The Batman Thread

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We just know he's a hero, and Bruce is a sad rich kid. Black and white, we get no new spin on Bruce or Batman.
What other movie version had Bruce hating having to be Bruce?

In this one, he wanted to be Batman all the time and it was taking a toll on him physically and mentally.

Every other version, Bruce showed up at galas, board meetings, threw parties at his place, kept a bad one on his arm.

Even Battfleck, who was 20 years in, had his partner beat to death by the Joker, watched people he loved killed by Supes/Zod, and was over the shyt to the point that he was branding people, essentially sentencing them to death, would throw on a suit and tie to keep up appearances, there was a scene where he woke up in the middle of the night and had a chick in the bed.

This Bruce had to be told to take a shower. Alfred sees him in a suit and goes :leon: at the idea of him going out in public and then goes :beli: when Bruce says he's going because Riddler may come. It's his first public appearance in years and everyone is :ohhh:

The beginning of the movie Bruce talks about using fear as a weapon, how that symbol was a warning. And we see the effect is has on criminals, but it also has the same effect on everyone. It's why he's brought up in the mayoral debate as a masked vigilante, it's why the cops, even the good ones, don't fukk with him. He scares the fukk out of people. He finds out that his use of fear is not only inspiring guys like the Riddler, but making them feel that Batman is working with them.

At the end he realizes that he needs to be the symbol of hope. We see the Mayor turn down his hand but a kid reaching out for safety. We see the girl getting airlifted afraid to leave him because she knows she's safe with him. He knows now that when good people see that bat symbol, they need to know its because Bats is helping make the city a better place.

I'm sure he'll realize that Bruce needs to help with that, that dressing up as a bat at night isn't the only way to spread hope. I'm expecting the next film to see the Bruce we're familiar with. I'm sure he'll take the new mayor up on her offer and become more philanthropic, try to right the shyt that went wrong with his father's renewal program. And to do that, he may have to pretend a lot more, throw on a suit, attend parties, date models, go to board meetings to make sure things aren't going wrong.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
What other movie version had Bruce hating having to be Bruce? In this one, he wanted to be Batman all the time and it was taking a toll on him physically and mentally.

Every other version, Bruce showed up at galas, board meetings, threw parties at his place, kept a bad one on his arm.

Even Battfleck, who was 20 years in, had his partner beat to death by the Joker, watched people he loved killed by Supes/Zod, and was over the shyt to the point that he was branding people, essentially sentencing them to death, would throw on a suit and tie to keep up appearances, there was a scene where he woke up in the middle of the night and had a chick in the bed.

This Bruce had to be told to take a shower. Alfred sees him in a suit and goes :leon: at the idea of him going out in public and then goes :beli: when Bruce says he's going because Riddler may come. It's his first public appearance in years and everyone is :ohhh:

The beginning of the movie Bruce talks about using fear as a weapon, how that symbol was a warning. And we see the effect is has on criminals, but it also has the same effect on everyone. It's why he's brought up in the mayoral debate as a masked vigilante, it's why the cops, even the good ones, don't fukk with him. He scares the fukk out of people. He finds out that his use of fear is not only inspiring guys like the Riddler, but making them feel that Batman is working with them.

At the end he realizes that he needs to be the symbol of hope. We see the Mayor turn down his hand but a kid reaching out for safety. We see the girl getting airlifted afraid to leave him because she knows she's safe with him. He knows now that when good people see that bat symbol, they need to know its because Bats is helping make the city a better place.

I'm sure he'll realize that Bruce needs to help with that, that dressing up as a bat at night isn't the only way to spread hope. I'm expecting the next film to see the Bruce we're familiar with. I'm sure he'll take the new mayor up on her offer and become more philanthropic, try to right the shyt that went wrong with his father's renewal program. And to do that, he may have to pretend a lot more, throw on a suit, attend parties, date models, go to board meetings to make sure things aren't going wrong.

/thread

You articulated this perfectly. I give up or just roll my eyes when some ppl say nothing new here or trash Batman when CLEARLY THIS IS A ROOKIE BATMAN. I’ve even gone into many discussions with my friends on this who don’t seem to realize this is NOT PRIME MJ ON BULLS BATMAN yet. I compare a lot of things to basketball for give me. But he hasn’t reached the BALE VERSION (MJ PRIME) this is a rookie Batman who makes constant errors and mistakes and doesn’t give two shyts about Bruce fukin Wayne. He still Batman but it’s like rookie MJ scoring 69 but having 12 turnovers and missing the final shot a lot. He hasn’t reached 6 titles 6 mvps BATMAN which was what Bale was.

none of us have ever seen this version. They all want it their way immediately. Casual fans are the worst and they can never be satisfied when something new is actually right in front of them.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
What other movie version had Bruce hating having to be Bruce? In this one, he wanted to be Batman all the time and it was taking a toll on him physically and mentally.

You're not wrong. But you left out the part where I said I can't relate. As with most good movies directors find something that can really make a person understand and feel for the character.
I didn't feel shyt for Bruce or Batman.

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Glad I waited to watch this on HBO. Would have been pissed if I spent any money on this. The story was slow and boring. Every scene seems like it went on forever with no payoff. Detective film where he figures out everything within minutes but the run time is dam near 3 hours. The riddler once he was captured was a total let down. Felt like a guy who watched a guy pretend to be the riddler and then tried to act out what he saw. The random lore dumps in an attempt to make us care about what is happening failed. All in all not a trash movie but simply a blah movie. It just existed. Everything about it was one note and it got old and monotonous after 90 minutes. Would rate it 6/10.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hope I get 3 free hrs this wkend, been fiending for this shyt since Monday
68QdZvr.png

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Glad I waited to watch this on HBO. Would have been pissed if I spent any money on this. The story was slow and boring. Every scene seems like it went on forever with no payoff. Detective film where he figures out everything within minutes but the run time is dam near 3 hours. The riddler once he was captured was a total let down. Felt like a guy who watched a guy pretend to be the riddler and then tried to act out what he saw. The random lore dumps in an attempt to make us care about what is happening failed. All in all not a trash movie but simply a blah movie. It just existed. Everything about it was one note and it got old and monotonous after 90 minutes. Would rate it 6/10.

I mean you’re completely inaccurate. Like COMPLETELY.

Don’t want to give spoilers away but it’s like you never watched the end of the film