Official The Batman Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I can't say it's better than TDK, but was it was definitely close. Batgawd got the dopest movies. Batmobile :whew: that engine :picard:

Worlds greatest detective :blessed:
Minimum top 2 Batman movies. Only TDK compares

You knew it was special leaving the theater

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Really good movie my girl and I were impressed. 8.5/9 outta 10 for us. The cinematography was world class. It literally felt like I was watching a graphic novel. Especially with the fact it felt like 30 min of the movie there was no talking just visual after visual after visual and was still captivating. I found it great that riddler was able to be the mastermind that he truly was. I do wish he dropped more riddles or more captivating ones that’s my only draw back. I felt like TDK joker narrates while the Batman narrates this whole movie and it woulda been good to see riddler get some riddles off besides the FaceTime call.

I’m calling it now probably top 3 superhero film of all time. TDK, The Batman, The Winter Solider…

I really feel like the bats and tws are similar with the whole mystery but the bats vibe was so powerful throughout the movie. I really feel like synder wanted to grab this vibe but didn’t capture it, reeves really made Patterson thrive here.

My man. TWS is still the best MCU movie to me.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk that goofy shyt. Jack was great for what it was in 1989 and it'll always be a good watch but nobody wants that campy shyt anymore.

Heath Ledger was super entertaining without being campy.

Phoenix was just an incredible performance too.. both well deserved Oscars

Glad some of you aren't writing these movies :mjlol:
This. Some want the same shyt over and over. Each film series should be like it's own thing like Elseworlds. I don't want or need a carbon copy of comic book storylines or retread of previous movies or cartoons.

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was so good
Loved the colors and the lighting
And the tone

I didn't like the movie because it didnt feel fantastical enough for me.
I think movies are suffering from the same issue as video games where they focus on hyper realism instead of creativity to make an enjoyable experience.
This movie reminded me how boring someone like Batman is, he's not someone you'd want to hang out with on an off day and has no personality.
Batman is essentially a super rich officer, if he cant chase,arrest ,or subjugate someone, he doesn't know what to do with himself.

Catwoman was the only interesting character in the movie but they didn't delve enough in her background (actually showing it instead of telling) to make us care about her.

Also we never found out what she did with the duffle bag of money, I understand she was in debt, but I wanted to see her in a scene rolling in cash in her apartment or show up to one crime scene with a new suit, or maybe going to some of the girls in the club/some underpriviledged people and sharing some of the money since she hates rich people so much. Showing what she did with the money would be a great way to develop her character on screen.

I hated them forcing a relationship between Selina and Batman because she hates rich people and i'm sure she is intelligent to realize Batman is affluent to afford all his fancy gear, she would've fought him if she knew he was Bruce Wayne

Also Batman had no social skills, the Riddler was his idol, yet he treated him like trash. Yeah the Riddler was wrong and insane, but Batman maybe could've stopped the bombs from detonating if he was nice to him and gave the affirmation that Riddler was seeking

This movie just reminded me how alienating real life is, most people have little to no meaningful interactions and they can't even pretend to do it in movies either.
The movie should've taken 45 minutes of showing off the landscape for people interacting with each other. The kid with half paint in the begging would've been a great case study of how regular people in dire situations end up in crime to survive, but he was forgotten afterwards. Maybe i'm just expecting too much out of movies and im getting old, but that's why I really didnt like this movie.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I didn't like the movie because it didnt feel fantastical enough for me.
I think movies are suffering from the same issue as video games where they focus on hyper realism instead of creativity to make an enjoyable experience.
This movie reminded me how boring someone like Batman is, he's not someone you'd want to hang out with on an off day and has no personality.
Batman is essentially a super rich officer, if he cant chase,arrest ,or subjugate someone, he doesn't know what to do with himself.

Catwoman was the only interesting character in the movie but they didn't delve enough in her background (actually showing it instead of telling) to make us care about her.

Also we never found out what she did with the duffle bag of money, I understand she was in debt, but I wanted to see her in a scene rolling in cash in her apartment or show up to one crime scene with a new suit, or maybe going to some of the girls in the club/some underpriviledged people and sharing some of the money since she hates rich people so much. Showing what she did with the money would be a great way to develop her character on screen.

I hated them forcing a relationship between Selina and Batman because she hates rich people and i'm sure she is intelligent to realize Batman is affluent to afford all his fancy gear, she would've fought him if she knew he was Bruce Wayne

Also Batman had no social skills, the Riddler was his idol, yet he treated him like trash. Yeah the Riddler was wrong and insane, but Batman maybe could've stopped the bombs from detonating if he was nice to him and gave the affirmation that Riddler was seeking

This movie just reminded me how alienating real life is, most people have little to no meaningful interactions and they can't even pretend to do it in movies either.
The movie should've taken 45 minutes of showing off the landscape for people interacting with each other. The kid with half paint in the begging would've been a great case study of how regular people in dire situations end up in crime to survive, but he was forgotten afterwards. Maybe i'm just expecting too much out of movies and im getting old, but that's why I really didnt like this movie.
The movie wasn't trying to be that tho
I don't go whether a movie is what I want
I go off the writing and thought put into it

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This. Some want the same shyt over and over. Each film series should be like it's own thing like Elseworlds. I don't want or need a carbon copy of comic book storylines or retread of previous movies or cartoons.

Yeah there's no reason for it. You can tell a bunch of Batman stories or any character.. the comics have 3-4 timelines going on. it opens up a lot of possibilities.

WB/DC had a good thing going with a tied together universe and the old execs didn't understand the vision.

These new execs are just "hey.. you're a great director and story teller.. we trust you.." and that's what they did with James Wan/Todd Phillips/James Gunn/Matt Reeves

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
It was so good
Loved the colors and the lighting
And the tone

The red lighting within the club where Batman is putting in work to the flare scene in the water where he leads the people to safety

:wow:

Duality within this movie is

:wow:

My favourite part might be when he enters the Riddler's apartment and he's the first to find his journal. Everyone else is like what's wrong with this guy and his scribblings. Loved it

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not feeling the joker look at all but the performance is intriguing. Would like to see a more classic joker, im over the facial scars and stringy hair. Jack nicholson type look would get me hype, the criminal joker with mob ties.
Classic joker is waaay too cartoonish for this version of gotham. Every villain was realistic in this one, keep the vibe going cause it worked. This joker looks damaged and deranged but also somewhat realistic to what a joker would look like in this fukked version of gotham.