Official The Batman Thread

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
It was a very enjoyable movie feel like a lot of movies aren’t that these days. It was actually original. Idk Breh I’m not a film critic
I hear ya. We all have our opinions. I gave it a 6 but I'll watch it again one day and maybe I'll give it a higher score, just thought the movie fell off in the 3rd act.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Oh, one other thing I really liked. They acknowledged just how weird it is for a dude dressed in a bat suit to be walking around a crime scene interacting with people. I actually love how all the cops are like " :dahell: is he doing here?" whenever Gordon brings him around.

Cops like

"Jim who is this???"

1071162954-73538_i5upht.jpg

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This shyt was trash after my first watch. At home now watching Dark Night now to make up for it. Movie was all over the place BUT I will be watching again to see if I'm just trippin off the first watch

:mjlol:

your opinion tho :hubie:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
THIS WAS JUST AN ALL TIME
GREAT MOVIE PERIOD.

I WOULDNT EVEN BOX IT
INTO THE SUPER HERO CATEGORY.

:devil:
:evil:

Agree.

You can tell the nikkaz who went into the theaters with their arms folded well in advance after reading their reviews. :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I feel like scarecrow would work well in this universe, I feel like they could delve into more abstract concepts like consciousness with that. They will probably avoid it though.

I wanna see Poison Ivy some respect put on her name.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
In 2-3 years the whole tone and energy around this movie is going to change. Watch. Like, walking out of the TDKR I knew it wasn’t it. I had the same feeling leaving this movie. A lot of people get caught up in the moment, but in time be like WTF was that? That’s what happened with the TDKR and ultimately what I think will happen with this film. :yeshrug:

Completely disagree fam.

the-office-steve-carell.gif

you know special when you see it.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Without a doubt my 2nd favorite BATMAN FILM.

I like the casting of the Joker. I really dislike some of the mumble bullshyt with Joker and Riddler at times, tho. Just tone down the make up like 10%.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I thought this movie was extra-smedium.

Too long.

A little too overly directed.

The bat stories that influenced it were both better (Long Halloween/Hush) and also worse… Bat & Cat from Tom Kings run was brutal.

The action scenes left me wanting.

Batman as first responder at the end was meh. Nothing they do will stop him from being a jackbooted authoritarian. I don’t care how many cancer kids he sits with. They should have invested that effort into some better fights.

What I liked:
Pattinson and Zoe were serviceable.

The bat mobile chase scene.

I loved that they didn’t make us sit through his parents getting shot again and instead tried to add some more content about the Wayne family.

Dano is amazing in the little they gave him to work with.

Im hopeful that this will ramp up the same way the Bale series did. I didn’t appreciate Batman Begins at first either.