Official The Batman Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Im saying the impact behind Heath’s joker was wild

James Holmes dressed like him when he started the massacre during the midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises

Heath Joker was Tupac in a clown suit to the people and each Joker since has paid some tribute but they knock offs
breh that shyt was debunked like a decade ago. when did the joker ever have orange hair?

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
As opposed to you, Somebody who presumably hates the movie but has 142 post in this thread :mjlol:
I like the character. :yeshrug:
You won't catch me in any Marvel thread even though I watch those movies I don't particularly care to waste my time speaking on them.

And for the most part, one could say they're not embarrassed to put their characters true to the comics on screen.

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Been trying not to say too much cause most people have not seen it.

But I’m feeling this is the GOAT super hero movie, from a super hero movie “hater” standpoint.

Im not a huge super hero movie fan, due to the non-realistic kinda goofy nature of most of them.

This is a dope crime/detective movie period.

It’s what I always expected as an “adult” Batman movie from being a fan of the comics and cartoon in the 90s.

Gonna watch DKR again tonight for reference, but I’m really feeling this is the Goat Batman/superhero movie. It’s so different than what you would expect from a superhero movie.
I felt the same walking out. I do think Infinity War is the GOAT superhero movie.. But I don't consider Batman a superhero, so his movies should be on more grounded comic level. To that I'd put this right past Logan, as #2...

Going back and watching the other batman's... They just weren't Batman.. THIS was goddamn Batman. THIS was Gotham. THESE are the nutcases he had to deal with. They need to give Phoenix whatever the fukk he wants and keep this thing rolling

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Just got back from seeing this. All Ima say is I love how they portrayed Batman as some weirdo ass that may be even on the spectrum through the eyes of others.
I love how Robert played Bruce vs Batman.. You can see it at the club and with the police. When he walks in both scenes as Bats, he's tall, standing up, chin, confident, look of assurance and determination... After he finds out........................ He goes back as Bruce and he's cowering, bend to the side and forward, shivering almost, scared to look up, almost looks scared and frightened to be there

It's amazing cinematography and once this comes to DVD/Streaming, I hope somebody does a side by side to show this

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Low key if DC just did this it could stand toe to toe with Marvel but they won't
What type of fukking idiots they got up there? They should have been took the gritty lane to Marvel's campy shyt... And Marvel dumbasses saw Logan and Deadpool and just said "Nah no more of that shyt" too..

That pg-13/R must be hundreds of millions in loses somewhere... cause I can't see it

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I love how Robert played Bruce vs Batman.. You can see it at the club and with the police. When he walks in both scenes as Bats, he's tall, standing up, chin, confident, look of assurance and determination... After he finds out........................ He goes back as Bruce and he's cowering, bend to the side and forward, shivering almost, scared to look up, almost looks scared and frightened to be there

It's amazing cinematography and once this comes to DVD/Streaming, I hope somebody does a side by side to show this

Yet he did have an easier time getting in as Bruce. Showing there's many ways to fight this fight.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Reading a lot of COLI reviews... Y'all realize this is year two right? Keaton was like 40, Batfleck 40, Bale was 40... The damn animated series this guy was old as shyt..

This is year TWO.. He's got time to grow (fake his way) to be the Bruce Wayne we all know. He's 30 in this.. Hell, he just made his first appearance in YEARS at the funeral. Maybe now he realizes he needs to be out there more... And get some more training...

Y'all want it all in the first damn movie?

Yet he did have an easier time getting in as Bruce. Showing there's many ways to fight this fight.
Read this after I made this post.. This is more of what I'm saying. Great catch.. shyt like that will lead him into needing to be Bruce more

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they use Joker for the sequel can they please clean him up.
Matt Reeves interuptation isn't hitting