Official The Batman Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I don't know if a Robin fits with what they are doing so far. The whole reason for Robin was to lighten up the comics.

Watch the video they added Robin so Batman had someone to talk to instead of every panel being thought bubbles of him talking to himself. Had nothing to do with trying to 'lighten things up'.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watch the video they added Robin so Batman had someone to talk to instead of every panel being thought bubbles of him talking to himself. Had nothing to do with trying to 'lighten things up'.
He was added to be like a Watson to Batman's Holmes, but the books also lighten up with the addition to that character.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
So this film ended up being really dope. Dark, gritty, suspenseful, mysterious psychological thriller. Once again proving as long as the script is dope the movie can be. Zoe killed every scene she was in, the epitome of sex appeal. I’m glad they went with an amateur bat man just starting to get into his role. The score was intense and kept you engaged and on edge. The lady sitting next to me was at the edge of her seat lol movie really drew u in.

Jeffrey Wright was a great Gordon. I’m glad they picked him, I’m sure some racist nerds were in their feelings about the choice but he killed. Patterson was a great bat but his Bruce Wayne is gloomy lost soul type, it will be interesting to see his Bruce evolve. Probably the best Bat we seen in the suite. I love the detective work in this. I’m really excited about this franchise they hit the mark with this one and really set the tone.

Last edited:
Daps
I wish instead of a trilogy, why not treat Batman movies or any superhero movies like James Bond? You have one actor play Bond until he retires and then get a new actor without rebooting the series.

James Bond movies went on for forty years before they did a reboot with Daniel Craig in 2006 so why can't they do the same with Batman?

Where were you in the 90s my guy?:gucci:

But im not a fan of your idea. It was cool for me when I was a youngin, but now DC has serious competition from Marvel.

I want to see what they can do with a legit slate of Batman movies. And I hope it isn't a closed universe like the Nolan Batman trilogy.

I want there to be an acknowledgement of other heroes.

They need to have a Crisis on Infinite Earths already and put Battinson in the same universe as Aquaman.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
WE DONT EVER HAVE TO SEE
ROBIN ON THE BIG SCREEN AGAIN
AND I WAS A HUGE ROBIN FAN
GROWING UP.

THAT CHARACTER WOULD FIT
THE MCU MORE THAN
BATMAN.
:devil:
:evil:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Wish we had an adaption of hush mixed with the court of owls over an entire trilogy

Daps
Best thing I loved about this film was that Batman can actually TURN HIS HEAD IN THE COSTUME.

That irked me from the 90s on into the Nolan trilogy cause it was dumb as hell.

Do you know dangerous it is to fight without being able to move your head??

Dude couldn't even keep his head on a swivel in dangerous situations!

Watched the beginning of The Dark Knight tonight and when Batman was fighting Scarecrow and his boys, I got heated watching him be all stiff in that dumb costume.

I can't believe that nobody considered the tactical importance of a suit where the head could turn :mindblown:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Been trying not to say too much cause most people have not seen it.

But I’m feeling this is the GOAT super hero movie, from a super hero movie “hater” standpoint.

Im not a huge super hero movie fan, due to the non-realistic kinda goofy nature of most of them.

This is a dope crime/detective movie period.

It’s what I always expected as an “adult” Batman movie from being a fan of the comics and cartoon in the 90s.

Gonna watch DKR again tonight for reference, but I’m really feeling this is the Goat Batman/superhero movie. It’s so different than what you would expect from a superhero movie.

It’s up there. It’s real intense. You really feel immersed in Gotham in this.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Where were you in the 90s my guy?:gucci:

But im not a fan of your idea. It was cool for me when I was a youngin, but now DC has serious competition from Marvel.

I want to see what they can do with a legit slate of Batman movies. And I hope it isn't a closed universe like the Nolan Batman trilogy.

I want there to be an acknowledgement of other heroes.

They need to have a Crisis on Infinite Earths already and put Battinson in the same universe as Aquaman.

It’s closed breh

Superman doesn’t exist
There are no Lanterns
There are no Meta’s
There are no gods
The only thing in the ocean is whales, sharks, and fish

And aliens aren’t a thing

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s closed breh

Superman doesn’t exist
There are no Lanterns
There are no Meta’s
There are no gods
The only thing in the ocean is whales, sharks, and fish

And aliens aren’t a thing
This is the problem with the whole grounded thing with Batman. There is no room for fantasy and no room for his more fictitious rogues. So we're stuck with this all black leather version of him who can just throw basic haymakers.

It's tedious and no longer original.
I blame Burton and Nolan for this shyt.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I agree, but the actor for Batman should match the tone of the movie. I'd also *always* make sure that the director matches the villians. The Batman works for that reason. James Gunn works for Harley Quinn, and would probably work well for Toy Man or the Mad Hatter. I'd hire a horror director for Clayface, etc
James wan for clayface.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
:scust:THEYRE NEVER DOWNGRADING
BATMAN TO A TV SHOW.

:devil:
:evil:
TV ain’t a downgrade in this age. Many of these shows nowadays have better writing than the theatrical films that are out and more leeway when it comes to fleshing out storylines. A-listers are working in the television realm now and the budgets are much higher than before.