Official The Batman Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Cool video championing Robin's inclusion in live action movies. I agree, it is the next logical step in Bruce Wayne/Batman progressing positively from the death of his parents. Plus it helps if the idea is to make more than a couple of sequels building the franchise out to a legit Bat Family/Bats universe.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas

Cool video championing Robin's inclusion in live action movies. I agree, it is the next logical step in Bruce Wayne/Batman progressing positively from the death of his parents. Plus it helps if the idea is to make more than a couple of sequels building the franchise out to a legit Bat Family/Bats universe.

I watched this video earlier this morning. Dude made a lot of great points.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

I watched this video earlier this morning. Dude made a lot of great points.
I keep seeing this in my recommended I guess I’ll watch it

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
A 2 years in Batman isn't meeting Robin. Matt Reeves wants to film this as a character buildup for Batman. Even if they wanted to do Robin he wouldn't come or at least have dikk Grayson be introduced until movie #3 depending if there's a decent time jump.
In the comics, dikk Grayson becomes Robin in Batman's third year so introducing Robin wouldn't be too early. Then again, DC might have retconned it being in his third year taking on a sidekick.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I see us getting at least a Batamn trilogy and at the end dikk Grayson would be introduced. So far WB has been shook of trying Robin again which is dumb but I'm also not sure if Reeves himself is interested in his character. He's talked a lot about the journey of Batman.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I see us getting at least a Batamn trilogy and at the end dikk Grayson would be introduced. So far WB has been shook of trying Robin again which is dumb but I'm also not sure if Reeves himself is interested in his character. He's talked a lot about the journey of Batman.
Ive always wanted a singular story of batman (keeping the same actor) throughout 5 films. If they can do that then intro a robin in the third film. If its only a trilogy than leave robin out. No need to introduce him only for the character to be done right away.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Ive always wanted a singular story of batman (keeping the same actor) throughout 5 films. If they can do that then intro a robin in the third film. If its only a trilogy than leave robin out. No need to introduce him only for the character to be done right away.
I wish instead of a trilogy, why not treat Batman movies or any superhero movies like James Bond? You have one actor play Bond until he retires and then get a new actor without rebooting the series.

James Bond movies went on for forty years before they did a reboot with Daniel Craig in 2006 so why can't they do the same with Batman?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I wish instead of a trilogy, why not treat Batman movies or any superhero movies like James Bond? You have one actor play Bond until he retires and then get a new actor without rebooting the series.

James Bond movies went on for forty years before they did a reboot with Daniel Craig in 2006 so why can't they do the same with Batman?
They were doing that originally until Batman and Robin was not well received.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734

I agree, but the actor for Batman should match the tone of the movie. I'd also *always* make sure that the director matches the villians. The Batman works for that reason. James Gunn works for Harley Quinn, and would probably work well for Toy Man or the Mad Hatter. I'd hire a horror director for Clayface, etc